Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2007, 11:36 AM   #21
Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years

1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

it's drizzling here on 105, but i think it should clear up this afternoon. a little rain is good, it will knock down the dust and give you a little more traction. hit me up at the shop or on my cell if you need any last minute parts.
I understand the consequences of my actions prior to engaging in those actions. . .there are certain situations in life where the risk is totally worth the reward.
jetcycles is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
National forest woodsguy Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 5 07-03-2012 08:01 PM
National forest this sunday? Fastola Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 1 02-24-2012 10:36 PM
The National Forest ? Osiris102406 Events, Meets and Rides 8 06-27-2011 09:45 AM
National Forest this weekend? dbuck Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 49 11-05-2010 01:39 PM
Sam Houston National Forest this weekend kgraber Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 8 10-23-2007 02:36 PM
Old 10-07-2007, 03:17 PM   #22
Feedback Rating: (4)

The forest is 99.9% sand, yes SAND. It was really hard to navigate the sand especially with my street tire on the front.

Is the whole forest sand? I rode on the west side, from the second trail head you come to, north side of 1375.

I had millville dirt tires, soft compound, worked really well. Got lazy and didnt change the front on my bike (because I didnt have a spare rim) huge mistake!! It was like driving a boat. Had a few tree collisions.

wild west honda has the OHV stickers $8
$5.00 trail head fee per bike.

My advice to anyone is

1. take a hydration pack(full of cold water)
2. get a map of the trails
3. take a compass/gps
3. take a flash light
4. head light is recomended

I bought a cingular/att pre paid cell phone (15.00 at frys) had perfect signal most everywhere, and for the price who cares if you lose it, works for good in case of emergency.
josh302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:45 PM   #23
My backpacks got jets
Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

05 Buell XB12R, 07 KLR650

South of the Stubblefield TH is Kellys Pond, and there is less sand over there than where you rode, you can camp there as well. Yes there is alot of sand there, I couldn't imagine trying it on a mini.
I'll be there (stubblefield) mon. morning around 0830.
TxSandman is offline   Reply With Quote