MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2007, 07:36 PM   #201
hypertrophyy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

yeah im right behind him makin the face....throwing the forks down sign... I have met him before now that I can see. Nice guy fosho. Couln't tell with his helmet on at the scene. So he has broken vertibre??? how many?

Also from what my friend that was right next to him...... he said the bike never hit the car. Is that true from what Scott or other witnesses say?
hypertrophyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lil Mckee's#??? JRxGRUBZx Off Topic 16 11-10-2008 12:02 PM
attn: lil mckee mekrew General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 05-20-2008 12:45 PM
Lil mckee Azylum Off Topic 4 11-25-2007 09:06 PM
Lil Mckee.... Photoshop anyone? marimirez Off Topic 84 11-16-2007 08:40 PM
Lil McKee Benefit?? Patrick General Discussion (Moto Related) 38 11-07-2007 01:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2007, 07:38 PM   #202
Quimbella

Send a message via Yahoo to Quimbella
o hear about this. Our prayers are with him and his loved ones. They all have a long road ahead of them. Prayers and friends will definately help. PLEASE, let us know if anyone is putting together a fund to help with the expenses. Also, just a suggestion, can't someone thats visiting call Theresa while in the hospital so she could talk to him directly? It may be medicine for the soul!!!!
Quimbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 08:25 PM   #203
DRR2326
Biker Ordiment!

Bike(s):
Don't own a bike yet! Still working on that one!

Send a message via AIM to DRR2326
He is in my prayers and I am praying for a quick recovery.
DRR2326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:01 PM   #204
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quimbella View Post
o hear about this. Our prayers are with him and his loved ones. They all have a long road ahead of them. Prayers and friends will definately help. PLEASE, let us know if anyone is putting together a fund to help with the expenses. Also, just a suggestion, can't someone thats visiting call Theresa while in the hospital so she could talk to him directly? It may be medicine for the soul!!!!

I was going to tonight when I went to see him, but didn't get a chance. If she doesn't talk to him by Tuesday I should be able to then.

Anyways, they're going to decide tomorrow if surgery will be required. It was nice to see him cracking jokes today as well.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:11 PM   #205
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

Quote:
Supposed to turn your phones off before you even get into the area, let alone through the security guards - I mean nurses... I don't know why.
Guitar Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:32 PM   #206
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertrophyy View Post
So he has broken vertibre??? how many?

Also from what my friend that was right next to him...... he said the bike never hit the car. Is that true from what Scott or other witnesses say?
According to witnesses and from the pics posted, there doesn't seem to be any actual contact between the bike and car, so he literally was catapulted (sp?) into the vehicle he was about to hit. His helmet and shoulder seem to have taken the intial hit and the weight of his body trying to stop compressed his back, thus breaking his T9 vert. in three places. As I was visiting him tonight, docs came in and kinda explained the situation. His injury appears to be borderline/grey area for deciding to either let it heal naturally or perform surgery. He did mention that this decision should take place tomorrow.... Scott's folks are due to leave back for Ohio tomorrow, and this not knowing whether he has to have surgery or not has got to be killing them as parents. Please keep them in your prayers. Overall, everyone seems to be in good spirits. Scott was moving his head around a bit more tonight than yesterday Hang in there Scott....your in my prayers
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:41 PM   #207
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

short verson so everybody can understand.....
bike never hit the car...car moved over into his lane he hit the brakes to hard, he flew over handlebars and into the back of the car
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:43 PM   #208
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Man View Post
Supposed to turn your phones off before you even get into the area, let alone through the security guards - I mean nurses... I don't know why.

It interferes with the monitoring equipment...
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:13 PM   #209
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post

beforerb6

Haha Babygurl... thats just his personality shining through He is a strong kid and a great guy, we are all here to help. Noctem and I will be visiting him Tuesday to see how he is. It breaks my heart because I was just sitting next ot him on Thursday as he picked on me about my bike...as always
Old 10-07-2007, 11:42 PM   #210
babygurl
I CANT THANK U ALL ENOUGH

Bike(s):
dont own any

Quote:
you cant use cell phones in the hospital well at least here at home u cant and im sure thats anywhere.... um his mom calls me and i talk to her and she gives me updates really now im just going to sit here with my phone glued to my side and with perfect charge until he calls me.... and ill wait patiently because i know it may take time til hes able to call me and i completely understand....... and yes i know we all have a long road ahead of us but its well worth the recovery then other situations

trying to keep my head up it gets hard at times but u know im strong and he knows that and i will stay strong to help him down this road to come
babygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:48 PM   #211
babygurl

Bike(s):
dont own any

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxgirl View Post
Haha Babygurl... thats just his personality shining through He is a strong kid and a great guy, we are all here to help. Noctem and I will be visiting him Tuesday to see how he is. It breaks my heart because I was just sitting next ot him on Thursday as he picked on me about my bike...as always
thanks that made me laugh

ya hes got a pretty awsome personality.... i miss it i hope he will be able to come home for thanksgiving like planned.... but if not i understand ill see him pretty much exactly a month later when i come down to visit. its just its so hard to belive something like this could happen to him i know theres that chance but i just cant belive it hes to good of a rider/guy he doenst deserve something like this....

no body deserves something like this espically scott
Old 10-07-2007, 11:54 PM   #212
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygurl View Post
thanks that made me laugh

ya hes got a pretty awsome personality.... i miss it i hope he will be able to come home for thanksgiving like planned.... but if not i understand ill see him pretty much exactly a month later when i come down to visit. its just its so hard to belive something like this could happen to him i know theres that chance but i just cant belive it hes to good of a rider/guy he doenst deserve something like this....

no body deserves something like this espically scott
He is a great guy and a great rider. He is really good at picking on my bike even though I have more engine... He is going to laugh his off when he reads that last statement Do fret sweetie... you will see he will learn from this and become an even better rider now.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:56 PM   #213
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygurl View Post
now im just going to sit here with my phone glued to my side and with perfect charge until he calls me.... and ill wait patiently because i know it may take time til hes able to call me and i completely understand.......

Hi Theresa, I was one of the eight folks who visited him Friday night. I am glad he is doing better. Until he is able to move to a room, he won't be able to call you though. Cell phones are not allowed in ICU.

He is in a bed in the very right corner and I feel bad for him because in ICU, there is no TV, no radio or anything. He couldn't move his head much and was only able to look up and move his eyes a bit over. I am glad he is allowed and able to move his head a bit more now.

I had really hoped they moved him into a room Saturday as they had indicated at first and it is sad to hear he is still in ICU.

Let's just hope he doesn't need surgery. I told him that he was young and would probably pop right back up and run out of there soon and he laughed a little.

I am glad his family is here right now. When they leave, I will definitely visit him again. When he has his own room, he should have a phone then and I am sure he will call you then.

Your work and school is completely understandable. Don't feel bad. Next time you see him, you can make up for it. Just be strong for him right now and keep a good spirit.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:56 PM   #214
mamamckee

Bike(s):
bmw 1100rt

Hey Rob Trying to get a hold of you. If you can pm me
mamamckee
mamamckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 12:02 AM   #215
babygurl

Bike(s):
dont own any

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia View Post
Hi Theresa, I was one of the eight folks who visited him Friday night. I am glad he is doing better. Until he is able to move to a room, he won't be able to call you though. Cell phones are not allowed in ICU.

He is in a bed in the very right corner and I feel bad for him because in ICU, there is no TV, no radio or anything. He couldn't move his head much and was only able to look up and move his eyes a bit over. I am glad he is allowed and able to move his head a bit more now.

I had really hoped they moved him into a room Saturday as they had indicated at first and it is sad to hear he is still in ICU.

Let's just hope he doesn't need surgery. I told him that he was young and would probably pop right back up and run out of there soon and he laughed a little.

I am glad his family is here right now. When they leave, I will definitely visit him again. When he has his own room, he should have a phone then and I am sure he will call you then.

Your work and school is completely understandable. Don't feel bad. Next time you see him, you can make up for it. Just be strong for him right now and keep a good spirit.

ya i know about the whole phone thing thats why im waiting as patiently as i can. ya scotts dad was telling me about that today they were plannin on movin him out of ICU saturday then didnt..... i really hope they dont do surgery i mean they should give the brace a chance and see if its working i mean hes still young surgery to me should be the last thing thought about in a situation like this unless things are a little worse then they thought i donno but o well... keep ur support up i know its helping him everyone keep ur support up
Old 10-08-2007, 12:22 AM   #216
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamckee View Post
Hey Rob Trying to get a hold of you. If you can pm me
mamamckee

pm sent
TMGP #78

Quote:
Old 10-08-2007, 12:22 AM   #217
mamamckee

Bike(s):
bmw 1100rt

Hi everyone,
This is Scott's mom and I want to THANK ALL OF YOU for being there for my son. We are truly blessed that we have a wonderful group of people that care about Scott. I didn't know how involved he was until we got here and I'm so happy that he is part of your group. So Thank you ALL for being there for him.
As of right now I have changed my flight home and will try to get everything ready for him when he does get out of the hospital. As deBuck said We are waiting to hear from the doctors whether or not Scott will have surgery. We should know sometime tomorrow. He is moving his head more than before but is not allowed to move anything else to keep his back straight. The doctor said that this type of fracture is uncommon so that is why they are debating on the surgery. As I find out more I will update everyone.
Again, I can't thank all of you enough for caring about my son.
Hugs,
Linda
mamamckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 12:26 AM   #218
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamckee View Post
Hi everyone,
This is Scott's mom and I want to THANK ALL OF YOU for being there for my son. We are truly blessed that we have a wonderful group of people that care about Scott. I didn't know how involved he was until we got here and I'm so happy that he is part of your group. So Thank you ALL for being there for him.
As of right now I have changed my flight home and will try to get everything ready for him when he does get out of the hospital. As deBuck said We are waiting to hear from the doctors whether or not Scott will have surgery. We should know sometime tomorrow. He is moving his head more than before but is not allowed to move anything else to keep his back straight. The doctor said that this type of fracture is uncommon so that is why they are debating on the surgery. As I find out more I will update everyone.
Again, I can't thank all of you enough for caring about my son.
Hugs,
Linda
Your son is a great kid and has a ton of freinds here that miss him.. He is a strong willed person that will make a full recovery in no time
TMGP #78

Quote:
Old 10-08-2007, 12:26 AM   #219
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
i'd like to send my personal condolences to you and all of your family. scott is an amazing individual and i have no doubt in my mind that he will pull out of this just fine!

your son's accident prompted me to stop being lazy and pick up that new back protector i've been saying i'm going to get for months now. so i hope you find a little bit of relief in knowing that your son has made a difference in at least one person's actions.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:49 AM   #220
Fight The Chaos

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
04 cbr 600
'06 zx6r
'03 250r
'05 R1