MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2007, 07:10 PM   #41
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

Back when I had mine I really hated it. Cause I had a 4 wheeler to carry around and couldnt fit it in the back.

I would rather have a truck anyday than an SUV just for that. Sure.. lot of room but cant carry anything. U never know when u wanna throw the bike in the back or something. Cant do that in a tahoe/trailblazer
Mark06gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fast suvs under 25k? Infinite Off Topic 35 01-22-2013 10:43 AM
Need opinions grantmcw New Riders and MSF Course Info 12 10-01-2011 03:46 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2007, 07:18 PM   #42
YankeeR6
Lets ride!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 R6 50th A.E.

Send a message via AIM to YankeeR6 Send a message via Yahoo to YankeeR6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStar954r View Post
Back when I had mine I really hated it. Cause I had a 4 wheeler to carry around and couldnt fit it in the back.

I would rather have a truck anyday than an SUV just for that. Sure.. lot of room but cant carry anything. U never know when u wanna throw the bike in the back or something. Cant do that in a tahoe/trailblazer
Yea but unfortently (sp) I can't have a truck for work....when I get another job. Even if its a 4 door truck :/:

sig600x150
YankeeR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:19 PM   #43
dnix600

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600

I paid $31K OTD for our 07 tahoe. If your not picky, there are some dealers that honor there ad prices. The one right by your apt does. But theyll only have one vehicle at the add price. My wife wanted a specific color, and options, so I had to do alot of negotiating. I ended up buying at Champions at 45S and 8.
dnix600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:21 PM   #44
YankeeR6
Lets ride!!

Bike(s):
06 R6 50th A.E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnix600 View Post
I paid $31K OTD for our 07 tahoe. If your not picky, there are some dealers that honor there ad prices. The one right by your apt does. But theyll only have one vehicle at the add price. My wife wanted a specific color, and options, so I had to do alot of negotiating. I ended up buying at Champions at 45S and 8.
I don't wanna buy a new car I want it used and under $25k

sig600x150
Old 10-06-2007, 09:52 PM   #45
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Avalanche.......you get a little of both.......and I've gotten 20 MPG or better with mine.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:10 PM   #46
blackhalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeR6 View Post
Thanks bro I will look into the forum. I test drove the Trailblazer yesterday and was impressed. it was a used 07 with 18K miles for $21k. Get it under $20k and it be even better. But I still have to wait a few more weeks to see if they find my car.
check out a armada, seriously. I have drove them all and it's a clear winner for me... for that price range.
blackhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:06 AM   #47
YankeeR6
Lets ride!!

Bike(s):
06 R6 50th A.E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx View Post
Avalanche.......you get a little of both.......and I've gotten 20 MPG or better with mine.
Can't have a truck if i go back into Real Estate..car or SUV only :/: Or else I would get a Titan

sig600x150
Old 10-07-2007, 02:09 PM   #48
ravenitup

Bike(s):
05 raven r6

Send a message via AIM to ravenitup
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeR6 View Post
Can't have a truck if i go back into Real Estate..car or SUV only :/: Or else I would get a Titan
if you change your mind lemme know.

i could probably arrange a test drive on the armada or pathfinder if you want. just say when!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey
... i miss it so much! I miss having a numb from riding so long! There's no feeling like it!
ravenitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 05:27 PM   #49
YankeeR6
Lets ride!!

Bike(s):
06 R6 50th A.E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenitup View Post
if you change your mind lemme know.

i could probably arrange a test drive on the armada or pathfinder if you want. just say when!
I will....I will holla at ya when I get closer to makin a decision.

sig600x150
Old 10-07-2007, 06:29 PM   #50
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
ok, most of the opinions on here are junk...let me tell you my experience from owning several SUV's.

Jeeps suck. they're built like , ride like , and have some of the worst seats known to man.

Tahoes/Yukons are nice, but same seats, lots of BS minor problems, engine and drivetrain are good, rest of the thing is junk.

Nissans, same reliability issues as GM, lots of electronic failures, build quality not up to par, neither is interior design.

I currently own a 2003 4runner and it is by far one of the best SUV's i've ever owned or driven. It'll run circles around any of the above mentioned with it's 285hp/325ft lbs 4.7L V8 and gets 21mpg highway, 17 city. It'll tow 7500 lbs (or a fully loaded 5x10 or 6x12 trailer) with absolute ease. Rides better than most luxury cars, quiet as a lexus (ZERO drivetrain noise, you'll think you're driving an electric car). The interior is very good quality and very comfortable to be in. Awesome sound system options. Very well equipped. looks awesome. and if you're into the offroad thing, the 4runner is one of the most capable SUV's on the market.

I have over 110k on mine and have had ZERO mechanical issues. everything is all original and it still runs and drives like brand new.

if you still need more convincing it was rated the safest SUV on the market accoring to the NHSTA.

go to www.toyota-4runner.org for more owner opinions, and several different comparisons with the other vehicles you're considering. you'll find a majority of the owners there used to own those vehicles, but they have traded them in for 4runners.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:50 PM   #51
YankeeR6
Lets ride!!

Bike(s):
06 R6 50th A.E.

Thanks for the write up bro!!!

sig600x150