Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2007, 08:48 AM   #1
what R you lookin' at?
Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Third major crashfest of the season is upon us. Ride Smart!

Third major crashfest of the season is upon us. Ride Smart!

quote:"Uh Oh" say the old-timers, "Not THIS post again!"

We are getting in to the 3rd major crashfest of the riding season.

The first one? Spring. people who haven't ridden (Sometimes for 6 months) are getting out for the first time, and think they are "all that"

Second? towards mid/late summer. The "i'm top o' my ride" attitude, complacency, or pride/vanity. Either way, it's all good, push that little extra, *boom*

and now, the third crashfest period of the season.

Fall. The entire summer is gone, and people ARE at their peak skill levels for the season. They are at 100%, and KNOW it. And forgot that the weather isn't quite as warm, not quite as much direct heating of the roads, and not quite the level of traction they are accustomed to.
It's also the last-ditch rush to get that one last ride in before the winter puts an end to the fun.

And it WILL bite back.

Remember, ride with an emergency buffer. Ride 5/10 instead of 9/10. Don't assume that just because you hit that corner last week at 55 that THIS week 55 will still be safe. To most people 95 t0 85 isn't much difference, but to the roads it can be a MAJOR temperature difference. (less efficient heating, more efficient air cooling)

Be safe people. we don't want any more threads in "Crash Reports"

Cross posting from the yzf forums. We've had a fatality in the last few weeks, and several nasty crashes. (ZenKnight for those that have ever posted/visited forums)

Ride safe everyone!

i think there have been 3 wrecks this morn w/ 2 deaths.
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ride Smart TWS (Texas World Speedway) 11/30/13 (end of season) RideSmart1 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 13 11-29-2013 11:34 PM
Ride Smart Street Smart August 2013 Contest RideSmart1 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 0 08-08-2013 11:34 AM
Too Broke to Ride MSRH w/ Ride Smart this weekend? I'll cover half. cyon Taking it to the Track 57 07-12-2013 09:00 PM
Thank you Ride Smart and all! Herf Ridesmart Motorcycle School 16 03-31-2009 01:53 PM
Old 10-05-2007, 08:50 AM   #2
Swift E
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Triumph 675

I'll see you boys and girls at the track
I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money and you can keep The Change!
Swift E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:02 AM   #3
Thread Savior
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
werd. good post.

also dont forget to give your bike a good checking over, or take it somewhere to get looked at if you havnt in a while.

you may have had all your maintenance top notch a couple months ago, but it may be time allready to check things out.

-tire pressure / wear
-chain slack/sprocket wear
-check your brake pads!
-all bolts tight, none missing.
-all that kind of stuff...

while alot of accidents may be rider error, i think alot of things could be attributed to mechanical failures also. its almost impossible to be sure after a wreck because the whole bike takes damage.
Brought to you by Carls Jr.!
Chris24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:07 AM   #4
should be working

Honda Shadow VT750C2, Hyosung GV650

Sounds like what's been happening lately...
isoplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:09 AM   #5

K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

I thought you were going to be slamming Ridesmart from the title.

Yea, ya'll be safe out there I hate reading about bad crashes and people getting hurt. Ya'll leave all the crazy stuff to me I have been doing it a while.
Big Comfy thinks Hillary Clinton is a Hottie and wants to plow in her field more than anything in life. Big Comfy you might consider yourself to be a warped very warped individual.
gixxerbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:41 AM   #6
OG Sheriff/ Boss

2015 HD Forty Eight

yup, this is the time of year i put the street plastics back on and start going out on SMR.

im sure im not the only that enjoys this cooler weather that is coming so ride safe.
arturo3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:50 AM   #7
Holy Smokes!
Feedback Rating: (4)

Also, leaves and pine needles will be dropping on a lot of the roads every body likes around this area. Hitting a pile of these mid corner is not exactly fun.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:58 PM   #8

Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

Ride like you want to stay upright and be able to ride again tomorrow.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote