Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2005, 04:06 AM   #21
cytukyl

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
01 red/white R6 badass edition
1996 honda cbr f3 (sold)

Member Garage

Re: BBQ MEET AUG 21st ROLL CALL, PLEASE VOTE

wish i could show up & b there with u guys but work pays my bills and its gonna get me that R6 that i want so im sorry solracer
EITHER.

cytukyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RideSmart @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) Oct 21st..... GET READY!!!! ROLL CALL floyd600 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 40 10-19-2012 03:11 PM
Official: Memorial Park Meet & BBQ Roll Call..... creektrack Events, Meets and Rides 22 10-31-2009 04:25 PM
July 21st@TWS (Texas World Speedway).....Roll Call!!! houseofpaint Taking it to the Track 177 07-21-2007 10:43 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2005, 11:42 AM   #22
linjy2

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
02 SV650S
08 WR250X
08 CBR600RR

Send a message via AIM to linjy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer
yeh, I was able to cover the last time ( about $200 in food) but this time, I just dont have it. If I did, I would.

And last meet was only about 50 people, I expect this one to be huge.
that's wrong of many people to say they would pay last time and not. anyways, people that are going for sure should pay in advance. and dont wait for the host to ask you for the money, because most of the time they wont. it's strictly manners to go up to the host and pay them before you even eat the food.
linjy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 12:46 PM   #23
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

well, no, last time it was on me from the start.......

and a few people (bao and arturo) donated (and I accepted)

This time around, I just cant cover it.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:27 PM   #24
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

last meet at solracer's house alot of people that werent on H-I showed up. not saying to exclude people but what if alot of motohouston people donate and alot of non-members and their friends show up?

if anything i think it should be a meet then ride to a fast food place or mom-n-pop restaurant that will agree to acomodate bikers. then probaly ride back and chill at that park.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:50 PM   #25
MotoHouston
Administrator

I dont like the donation system for meets.

Several guys here are willing to drop $40+ dollars, which they shouldn't have to do. Then others see that and figure they dont need to, and when you call it donating, they don't. Problem is, those who donate this time, may understandably not wish to donate next time. So it kind of goes down hill from this meet on, unless more contributors join in the future.

The "assign everyone to bring something" system works flawless with meets ive setup in the past (not motoho), but, everyones on bikes, so its difficult to do here. That would be my #1 choice. But that cant really happen so.....

its kind of a sticky situation, which is why arturo has a point. Sometimes just calling up a few taco stands to come, or eating elsewhere, REALLY saves a lot of trouble and possible drama.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:52 PM   #26
Runner

Bike(s):
SOLD

I still like the cook out deal if ppl show up that haven't donated then send them to the grocery store to buy what they want to eat or cook Realy simple no ticket no laundry
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 05:02 PM   #27
TXZR7S

Member Garage

It's Saturday, so I won't be able to come until 7:30pm-ish or so , but if it's still going when i get there, I'll throw you some money, if not , I'll get you when I see you next. :icon_smile:
Old 08-07-2005, 05:04 PM   #28
MotoHouston
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
I still like the cook out deal if ppl show up that haven't donated then send them to the grocery store to buy what they want to eat or cook* *Realy simple no ticket no laundry
mind as well just then just have a $4 dollar plate charge

atleast with that there will be a standard, instead of this rollercoaster of wondering if we have enough $$, who's donated, did we buy too much/too less, etc.etc.etc.......

Just buy the minimum, enough to feed the # you KNOW will arrive, and if you need more, just run to the store, buy more food, and continue the plate charge for the people who havent ate. You'll probably even make a few bucks off of it.

doing this rules out all the finger crossing and guessing games of relying on donations, and best of all, removes the politics

I think most people (hopefully), would be respectful enough to drop $4 per plate (with drinks).
Old 08-07-2005, 10:56 PM   #29
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXZR7S
It's Saturday, so I won't be able to come until 7:30pm-ish or so , but if it's still going when i get there, I'll throw you some money, if not , I'll get you when I see you next. :icon_smile:

21st is a sunday bud. right:
Old 08-07-2005, 10:57 PM   #30
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..:::..:.::..::..:..
Quote:
I still like the cook out deal if ppl show up that haven't donated then send them to the grocery store to buy what they want to eat or cook* *Realy simple no ticket no laundry

atleast with that there will be a standard, instead of this rollercoaster of wondering if we have enough $$, who's donated, did we buy too much/too less, etc.etc.etc.......

Just buy the minimum, enough to feed the # you KNOW will arrive, and if you need more, just run to the store, buy more food, and continue the plate charge for the people who havent ate. You'll probably even make a few bucks off of it.

doing this rules out all the finger crossing and guessing games of relying on donations, and best of all, removes the politics

I think most people (hopefully), would be respectful enough to drop $4 per plate (with drinks).
problem is with that, I only have about 80 bux maybe 100 to spend......
Old 08-07-2005, 11:16 PM   #31
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

sorry to say but this seems too disorganized. maybe what you should have done is made a poll asking who wanted to grill OR get togther OR eat somewhere before making a post asking when was the best time for everyone to get together for a BBQ that had no funds.

if only a few people have made donations give it back but still have that moto-houston meet. those that are hungry will ride over to a restaurant and eat. those who dont want to eat but are still moto-houston members (with a SN) can hang there and play/chill. people are not going to show up on time but having a place to meet can be a "base" for everyone to go to.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:51 PM   #32
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

thing is, if we have it at resturaunt, we wont all come back, unless you get EVERYONE in ONE place, it wont work. Ive had meets in the past, they've all worked out, even with bad weather. Im not worried.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:51 AM   #33
linjy2

Bike(s):
02 SV650S
08 WR250X
08 CBR600RR

Send a message via AIM to linjy2

someone local in each area should collect the cash and hand it to chris. dont most people meet up at poser point? how hard is it to collect $5 from everyone thats going right there. $5-$10 for grilled food is alot cheaper than eating out.
linjy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 01:34 AM   #34
KiNG $h!T
Fugkwhacha heard!!!!

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
MIA!!!

Send a message via AIM to KiNG $h!T

^^^werd but i dont trust ppl with my money I would much rather give it to im in person. 5 or 10 bucks is not a prob.
KiNG $h!T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 03:31 AM   #35
MotoHouston
Administrator

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I still like the cook out deal if ppl show up that haven't donated then send them to the grocery store to buy what they want to eat or cook Realy simple no ticket no laundry

Then spend $100. You'll make trips, but you wont be short assuming 30 people eat.

drinks = koolaid

$100 - $40 in buns/plates/koolaid/chips = $60

$60/$3=1lb = 20lbs

20lbs = 30 people x $4.00/plate = $120 vs $100 cost

$20 profit/30 people = 0.66 per person

Assuming people will eat nearly a pound. Which is kind of generous, since bread and chips is involved. Also assuming you can get a lb of meat for $3. At $4/lb you'll just about break even, give or take $4-10. All assuming no one helps.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:10 AM   #36
cytukyl

Bike(s):
1996 honda cbr f3 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Then spend $100. You'll make trips, but you wont be short assuming 30 people eat.

drinks = koolaid

$60/$3=1lb = 20lbs

Assuming people will eat nearly a pound. Which is kind of generous, since bread and chips is involved. Also assuming you can get a lb of meat for $3. At $4/lb you'll just about break even, give or take $4-10. All assuming no one helps.
20lb doesnt not equal 30 people especially if u are serving one pound patties its more like 20lb=20ppl, i can probably get u a good deal on ground chuck at the restaurant 1 case=4 loafs=40 pounds=between 30 and 50 servings@ 1 pound a burger=freakin expesive when u think about buying all the meat at a supermarket, now if u want to get technikal and save some cash do this 40 pounds=6oz patties=104 total patties=????<<to the price u wanna charge per plate, hey solracer if u want i can find out how much the case is and i can let u know if u want it, im not out to make any profit im just out to help out, i can even show u the invoce and u can see for urself how much it really cost, its up to u

as far as the drinks, defenetly go with the koolaid :biggthumpup:, just put it in an igloo to keep it cool and get the 10 oz cups to make sure that everyone gets something to drink
EITHER.

Old 08-08-2005, 04:38 AM   #37
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

I dont know where we are getting hamburgers

I planned on doing ribs, chick quarters, susage etc like the last one I had...

If yall want to eat cheap, then fine by me, but it would be nice to have some good stuff too.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:45 AM   #38
KiNG $h!T
Fugkwhacha heard!!!!

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
MIA!!!

Send a message via AIM to KiNG $h!T

werd i totally agree. I mean come on ppl why be cheap this is like a once in a while thing. NOt a every weekend meet.
KiNG $h!T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 05:05 AM   #39
cytukyl

Bike(s):
1996 honda cbr f3 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
I dont know where we are getting hamburgers

I planned on doing ribs, chick quarters, susage etc like the last one I had...

If yall want to eat cheap, then fine by me, but it would be nice to have some good stuff too.
whoops sorry i forgot to read a few pages earlier and ur right ribs ARE wwwwwaaaaaaayyyyyyyybetter, especially with spicy bbq sauce

Quote:
werd i totally agree. I mean come on ppl why be cheap this is like a once in a while thing. NOt a every weekend meet.
yeah what he said :iamwithstupid:
EITHER.

Old 08-08-2005, 05:27 AM   #40
MotoHouston
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cytukyl
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Then spend $100.* You'll make trips, but you wont be short assuming 30 people eat.

drinks = koolaid

$60/$3=1lb = 20lbs

20lb doesnt not equal 30 people especially if u are serving one pound patties its more like 20lb=20ppl, i can probably get u a good deal on ground chuck at the restaurant 1 case=4 loafs=40 pounds=between 30 and 50 servings@ 1 pound a burger=freakin expesive when u think about buying all the meat at a supermarket, now if u want to get technikal and save some cash do this 40 pounds=6oz patties=104 total patties=????<<to the price u wanna charge per plate, hey solracer if u want i can find out how much the case is and i can let u know if u want it, im not out to make any profit im just out to help out, i can even show u the invoce and* u can see for urself how much it really cost, its up to u

as far as the drinks, defenetly go with the koolaid :biggthumpup:, just put it in an igloo to keep it cool and get the 10 oz cups to make sure that everyone gets something to drink
I can't eat too much more than a 1lb of cooked ground chuck and im a big guy. Throw bread, lettuce, chips, and coke into that mix, and its just about enough. But, 20/20 is a good minimum.