MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2007, 06:31 PM   #181
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
Another awesome ride to Fayetteville today! I love the way the new bike is handling and it has PLENTY of power for my 145lb azz. Jimmy thanks for putting this together. I've learned a lot by coming on your rides and not just skills....Self control as well

145lbs lightweight
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10/28 SUNDAY MORNING RIDE(WITH JIMMY) jimmy"zx6 Events, Meets and Rides 146 10-30-2007 07:17 PM
10/14 jimmy's infamous sunday morning ride jimmy"zx6 Events, Meets and Rides 229 10-17-2007 09:37 AM
9/23 JIMMY'S SUNDAY MORNING RIDE jimmy"zx6 Events, Meets and Rides 318 09-29-2007 06:56 AM
9/16 jimmy's sunday morning ride jimmy"zx6 Events, Meets and Rides 200 09-22-2007 02:12 PM
JIMMY'S SUNDAY MORNING RIDE!!!! jimmy"zx6 Events, Meets and Rides 396 09-05-2007 09:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2007, 06:41 PM   #182
Badzx14r
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Old 10-07-2007, 06:43 PM   #183
jimmy"zx6
Banned

Bike(s):
2005 kawasaki 636,2004 zx10r

User is banned

Last edited by jimmy"zx6; 10-07-2007 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:47 PM   #184
-JoeRocket-

Hey sorry I didn't show, got a flat last night en route to Galveston at like 90 mph with the chica on back. Luckily we didn't go down, but still had to sit on I-45 for a few hours waiting on my buddy and now I need a new tire.
'81 Honda Express, For Sale
Old 10-07-2007, 06:48 PM   #185
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Old 10-07-2007, 06:50 PM   #186
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by -JoeRocket- View Post
Hey sorry I didn't show, got a flat last night en route to Galveston at like 90 mph with the chica on back. Luckily we didn't go down, but still had to sit on I-45 for a few hours waiting on my buddy and now I need a new tire.
Just glad you and your "chica" are okay. Who cares if you have to get another tire your safe so thats good

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
Old 10-07-2007, 06:51 PM   #187
jimmy"zx6
Banned

Bike(s):

User is banned

Old 10-07-2007, 06:53 PM   #188
jimmy"zx6
Banned

Bike(s):

User is banned

Old 10-07-2007, 06:55 PM   #189
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy"zx6 View Post
see like always you kind of trying to say you ride better than them and the other guys that are not in you level are not allowed almost like high school if you not popular your not in, **** that i ride and will keep riding with the people that like to ride with me and that all to me we all ride because we love it not to be in you cool group , im just a simple person that people like ,thats all and who ever i can help to get better i will.
ME? Your crazy if you think I give a *uck about being with the cool group or being better, faster than anyone on here. Last time I checked I was a big boy that did and said what the *uck I wanted...........but I do my best not to create a problem for someone else.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:00 PM   #190
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Old 10-07-2007, 07:03 PM   #191
Dr. Gonzo
BHCA...let's ride!!!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuckzx7 View Post
Mr. Clyde sets a good pace....but sometimes I step up front for little sprints up aheadbut for real, the major portion of the rides we do are very mild.
I'm down to ride with Clyde anytime... the wife said she was paying for our lunch...
Old 10-07-2007, 07:27 PM   #192
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I'm down to ride with Clyde anytime... the wife said she was paying for our lunch...
Your on.......unless she's cooking, then you can go ride by yourself and I'll have lunch with her!!!

Old 10-07-2007, 07:33 PM   #193
Dr. Gonzo
BHCA...let's ride!!!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx View Post
Your on.......unless she's cooking, then you can go ride by yourself and I'll have lunch with her!!!
....I gotta watch this guy like a hawk
Old 10-07-2007, 07:34 PM   #194
Spyyke

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha R6

Well...I am a noob to all you and all the SBM peeps, so this will be a completely unbiased response to the ride.

Yeah, it rained on the way to the meeting point, but after that it wasn't soo bad. The sun came out a little bit later on and dried up the roads. I am also new to my bike (only had a week and a half) and haven't ridden in 5 years, so yeah I was rusty. It was clearly explained at the meeting point BEFORE we left, to ride at your own pace and take it easy if you haven't ridden the route before. We were also warned about some blind corners and some areas where they was some small rocks that may get thrown up by other bikes. We took off and all was well. Right before we got on the stretch where the incidents occurred...we stopped for about 5 minutes and Jimmy made sure to come and tell each of us individually that there was some blind corners in this portion of the road and to take it slow. Once we started down the road and came up to the blind corners and anything that we may need to slow down for...all the people in the front would signal the n00bs (yeah, I am one of those) that one of the corners they were talking about was coming up and we needed to slow down. I don't think the pace was all that bad at all...perfect for me today. I was able to see what my bike was capable of and definitely plan on going on more of the rides. I also liked the stopping at the cross roads and waiting on everyone to show up...yeah, this was also my first group ride as well.

IMHO...I don't know why everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and blaming Jimmy for the incidents that occurred. As a rider, we all take our life in our own hands every time we put the key in the bike and take off. We are also responsible to control the gas, brake, and our own free will. If someone else was driving the bike...yeah, blame it on him. But they weren't...it was poor judgment that caused the incidents...not Jimmy. When I found I was even second guessing myself, I let down on the throttle and backed off it. Anyone of us could do that at anytime...can't we???

There I have said my piece...sorry if anyone doesn't like it, but seeing that everyone else is giving their opinion, I would give mine.

Jimmy...sign me up for the first Sunday ride in November...would go again sooner, but have prior commitments for the weekends the rest of the month.

I could not imagine a better way to spend my 30th b-day. This will definitely be a b-day to remember and not sure if I will be able to top it in the near future.

Props to all that came...it was a blast!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:35 PM   #195
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

everyone has said whats needed to be said... take it to PM's if yall need to.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:40 PM   #196
sillywabbit

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Firebolt

Member Garage

Don't change Jimmy, I'm in next Sunday, and like I said, your ride should be required riding. I feel so much more confident and did more leaning on your ride then I've done on any other ride. I appreciate your time in letting the rest of us catch up to your skill levels, well, not catch up, but at least see some skill =]. I did ride within my limits and learned alot watching the guys ahead of me. See you next sunday!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:51 PM   #197
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

looks like I missed alot... I can't read it all on my phone so i'll have to catch up when I get home.

to clear my wreck up. it was no ones fault but mine.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:06 PM   #198
Mrs. Gonzo

Member Garage

i just want to say it was nice meeting all you guys, the food was great and OMG! i finished the burger...lol O my belly still hurts. had a great ride now..... wheres the pix???

Old 10-07-2007, 08:07 PM   #199
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_LS_Hatch View Post
The pace WAS mild today. As stated, two of the guys that went down happened upon us, and I guess started riding with us. I THOUGHT I saw another 636(one that went down) but wasn't sure. The order was Jimmy, Clayton, and then me. . . . and then whatever order others were behind us. When we stopped a few miles later, Jimmy and I noticed Clayton wasn't with us. Ralph and I turned around, when we saw the 636 against a fence, so I stayed with him, while Ralph went to get Clayton. Along the way he sees the guys buddy on the R1 on the side of the road. Soooo, two of the people happened upon us, and the third was Clayton, who we all know can ride. Save for the two guys that weren't even supposed to be there(no one even knows who told them about the ride) everyone did their own thing and stayed upright. Clayton only halfway counts, as he came out just as fine as was before. . . though 'fine' is kinda relative when talking about Clayton.

For the record, the roads were nice and dry, and those two riders I don't believe will be back.
werd. I still don't know how u and ralph both passed me while I was in the ditch without seeing me lol
Old 10-07-2007, 08:16 PM   #200
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Unassailable View Post
i blame mine on my slow bike... i was second in line after jimmy, he left me on a straight b/c of my top speed, i thought i'd brake late into a corner and it just so happened to be a blind corner... and i braked way late... came up about 20 yards behind him over the hill and just drifted (sliding sidways style, not locking up the brake but kinda backing it in... ) out alittle, though i had it, thought i had it, thought i had it, and then the there was the ditch and the tree and the stickers and that was all she wrote.. picked my , fixed the broken , and hopped back into my spot behind jimmy
slow bike

top speed

we have the same bike and I dont have those problems, do I need to show you how to ride that bike
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
Closed Thread

Advertisement