MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2007, 07:13 AM   #61
Jay
Deleted

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

i woulda kicked his
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got hit by a Suburban yesterday kgraber General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 12-18-2010 09:19 AM
i ate $hit yesterday andrew General Discussion (Moto Related) 66 10-14-2010 05:50 PM
Rider down. yesterday got hit on 45 south feder Jogo General Discussion (Moto Related) 72 04-10-2010 10:55 AM
Got hit yesterday ThatR6Guy General Discussion (Moto Related) 49 04-23-2009 11:49 AM
Large Asteroid almost hit the earth yesterday...... Solracer Off Topic 27 03-05-2009 09:18 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2007, 07:53 AM   #62
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

The quote about the Starbuck sippers!!! That's a good one.
Guitar Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:15 AM   #63
Fight The Chaos

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
04 cbr 600
'06 zx6r
'03 250r
'05 R1

"filtering" is what officers use as a term of "lane splitting"

I admit i lane split all the time when i'm in traffic. But looking at the whole picture, I realize that if i was in a car and i look at some biker lane splitting, i'd just as much call him a but i wont try and honk at him, much less try and yell to stop and intercept his bike....even when i wasn't a motorcyclist, i have respect for people, even idiots.

But i guess stupidity can go too far, i really think some people dont realize what they do when they try to intentionally hit you with their car. It really is an attempt to murder. You know, there should be a law of some sort to protect us bikers....to give us more rights to protect and enforce.

I think its also natrual that if someone tried to hit me intentionally, i'd get off my bike and at them, and even try to kick their . Why should that be against the law? They ATTEMPTED TO ****EN MURDER YOU!!

Something similar occured, except it was on a saturday night (i know, bad idea on weekends) but i rode with a friend and i was'nt even speeding. I was just minding my own business around 3am on my way home. My friend was behind me on his ZX6r. I notice on my peripheral vision to my right that this black dude in a grandAM was putting his blinker all the way to my lane. i10 has up to 6 lanes i believe and he had to take mine. It was light traffic and i thought he was going to hit me so i sped up. He starts tailgating me when i sped up. So what do i do? I should've changed lanes and hope that he would stop chasing me but i sped up and i guess he felt like a badass so i shifted down and sped away from him.

they closed i10 down 2 exits ahead and at 130mph, thats really close. The lanes narrowed down to 2 on i10 and this fool nearly hits me behind me tryijng to catch up but then changes lanes and slams on his brakes and stares at me like he's got beef with me. I forgot his LP# but i remember it was from the state of Louisiana. I was so shaken up that i followed him and reved my bike for the next few lights waiting for him to get out of his car so i can destroy his jaw with a good open-palm strike.

I'm still very angry about it, especially talking about it but man....if that happens to me again, I think i'll go berserk on the next poor driver who tries to threaten my life. I carry a .40 and a 5 inch aluminum knife on my right pocket. /rant
Fight The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:39 AM   #64
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

After this happened I called my friend at work and had him write down the LP#, but now I either can't read his writing or he wrote it down incorrectly. Josh ran what I thought was the plate and it came back to a Honda in San Angelo.

Hopefully when my buddy comes in today we can figure the plate out.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:51 PM   #65
Mel
Fast Kitty

Bike(s):
a sportbike and a dirtbike

I'm not in the least bit surprised, niether should you have been. People are fing a holes. Glad you weren'thurt, just don't lane split, your ASKING for trouble folks. And what do you think the cops woulda done? Not a thing. Wrote you a ticket and let the other guy go and then you would have been screwed twice. I know, I am such a pessamist.
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:22 PM   #66
seratt

Bike(s):
88' Super Magna

Member Garage

I'm with everyone else. He atleast would have a helmet size crack in his windshield.

Oh man, I would have lost it.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:37 PM   #67
leprechaun
****** maker

Bike(s):
96, 1100 ACE,02,750SS, 86, QT50, 81,CB750C

If the car touched u n any way & he was n your lane crossing the line n a forward move HE IS WRONG. doesnt matter if u r wrong r not as long as u r n your lane completely (not on a line). Intentional , would make it premeditated attempted murder OR at least attempted vehicular bodily harm. any accident officer would possitively have taken him into coustody spot on. from there it would b up 2 the judge & or jury. REPORT THIS IMMEDIATELY.
been there done that many years ago.
jim
leprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:31 PM   #68
Lucifer
The Last Enigma

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Ducati 1098
Honda CRF 50

Member Garage

Saw this today and it reminded me of you bro. Now I would have seriously F this dude for this. :mumum:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILjS3HGEVD4
Old 10-07-2007, 07:10 PM   #69
acheapshot
BigMatt

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki EX650R

On that video, what the guy in the Eclipse did was wrong, but the rider should have never been that close behind him. Especially after the Eclipse passed him the way he did.
acheapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 07:13 PM   #70
SPHINX
Ominous Misanthropia

Bike(s):
2006 ZX6R
2005 749S

Send a message via AIM to SPHINX
you did get his plate number, a midnight visit that he will never forget would be convenient in this case. make sure you wear gloves...
SPHINX is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement