MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2007, 01:53 PM   #21
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarDaddy View Post
were renting a house now... not ready to buy just yet as we may be relocating and dont want the hassle buying a house then selling while moving entails... plus we'd rather buy land and have a house built than purchase a cookie cutter
next house i buy will not be a cookie cutter house that is practicaly on your neighbor

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Renting or leasing a warehouse with a full bathroom? Petro Off Topic 17 07-31-2013 08:44 AM
To buy or to keep leasing BigComfy Off Topic 10 03-12-2013 03:30 PM
Question about leasing and Pet deposits Dr Strangelove Off Topic 14 04-28-2010 12:54 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2007, 03:07 PM   #22
Squeaky

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to Squeaky Send a message via Yahoo to Squeaky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
This is the type of family I want to target.
Then you'll want to ask your agent/realtor how much more you'd get to leave it furnished with the basics (dining room, living room) for those who would just be renting furniture anyway.

The energy industry is always moving people around for temporary assignments. Thing is, they pay so well for the job the employees tend to go for upscale housing.
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:41 AM   #23
GLD
track junkie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
F2 w/ F3 engine 2001 RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
Keep in mind that depending on location, there are lots of jobs that require temporary relocation. For those folks, they always rent so they don't have to deal with selling the place when they move on to another job in a year or 18 months.
Not always it depends on who you work for. My company will occasionaly offer to pay you a perdiem if the move is only for a year or so and you plan on returning. Otherwise many companies offer relocation packages with strong incentives to purchase homes. Incentives like picking up all your realtor costs-which is super sweet. Some even pay for inspections and closing costs on your new home which allows you more room to negotiate.

Back to topic though there is a market but location location location is the name of the game. You should be able to find the ratio or owners to leasers in your area and also figure out roughly if there are many apartments or if they are leasing houses.
GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:05 AM   #24
is Good
Happy Boy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):

Why not but if you credit is okay why not buy your home...well if you need any help or advice I work for a Mortgage Company and I could lead you in the right path....
 is Good is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement