MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2007, 01:16 PM   #1
ufo34
Carlos V

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
R.I.Pieces

Dustin's Benefit

Hi to all!

This is an invitation to everyone here. You may or may not have heard of Dustin's accident but here is what happened:

On May 21, 2007, Dustin was in a near life-ending motorcycle accident. After a short trip on a life-flight helicopter to UTMB, he spent 37 days in the hospital; 23 days of which were spent in intensive care. During his stay he had to recuperate from many broken bones, internal bleeding, the loss of his spleen, amputation of his left leg, and life threatening infections. Many times his survival was in question. But he made it.

After his stay at UTMB, he also spent 32 days in rehabilitation where he learned to function with everyday tasks in his new condition.

Ultimately, Dustin wants to get back to work at BP. That will require purchasing a prosthetic leg and many days of rehabilitation. He has worked very hard to get to where he is today and recognizes he has a long way to go. He also realizes he needs the help of many people to get back to where he wants to be.

Dustin is 22 years old now.

I am attaching a flyer:
Dustin's Benefit

This will be in Santa Fe, Tx @ The FOE (Eagles) 6101
located on 646 South Santa Fe, Tx 77517 Between Hwy6 and Fm 2004
There will be a bike run starting at 11am and ending at 4pm, with bbq, darts, a dj, and other games.

For anyone that is interested or near MSR Houston take a stroll by. Thanks everyone for your support.

For anyone who has not heard about his accident...here is the thread that started it all.

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29561
ufo34 is offline   Reply With Quote