MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2007, 07:01 AM   #21
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

RIP

imho - westpark tollway is 1 place I would surely not pull someone over if I was a cop. and I also think cops should not be able to sit on the side of the freeway (they should be moving with traffic not parked right over a hill in the emergency lane)

either way, its sad to see the man get killed doing his job. harris county should make some rules on where cops can sit, and it should be required that a car that gets pulled over exit the freeway before stopping for the cop, for everyone's safety.

<disclaimer>if any of this doesn't make sense its bc i'mm on my phone and can't see very much of what i'v typed</disclaimer>
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2007, 07:14 AM   #22
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

!
R.I.P.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:49 AM   #23
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CRF 50

sadly i saw this coming.... the motorcycle cops i see everyday hiding on the westpark tollway hide is some pretty dangerous spots. then when they see someone speeding they pull out in order to catch them and put themselves in that much more risk.

either way this is a tragedy. RIP

ducatisignature
chasee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:54 AM   #24
J-Row
Gold MemberŪ

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR, 2006 1000RR (STOLEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
rubberneckers. you didnt know him, did you jeremiah?
No but 1 of the guys that i work with did and he also said he made the scene and it was pretty bad.
PGR #121546
J-Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:06 AM   #25
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

This happened at Westpark and Gessener. If I remember correctly, there is a overpass there in which you cannot see over it. It could have been possible that the stop was conducted on the blind side of the hill and the suburban was unable to avoid it once he came over the hill. Sometimes, it isn't always what it seems. But never the less, RIP.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:18 AM   #26
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
heard this on the radio on the way into work. sad how some people are careless. I catch myself doing stupid stuff while I am driving like leaning over and reaching for something, why can't ppl just wait till we're at a stop light or stop sign to do that. RIP
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:20 AM   #27
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

It gets worse............supposedly the driver was on a cellphone at the time.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:25 AM   #28
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challen View Post
That's a big suprise. :/:
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:32 AM   #29
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

it...!!! My condolences to her Family.

Hope that person does NOT get probation or some stupid punishment like that. They need to change the Law to make illegal to talk on cell phones while driving. I see too much people on my daily commute talking on the phone and very distracted. I need to be aware of them because I know they will not see me on the bike.

By the way, talking on the phone while you are driving in a Military base is illegal.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:51 AM   #30
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Constable Norling wrote me a ticket just a few days ago. He was respectable and polite during the stop. Pretty crazy!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:55 AM   #31
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challen View Post
One more reason to ban those stupid things from vehicles.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:56 AM   #32
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
One more reason to ban those stupid things from vehicles.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:22 AM   #33
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

This may sound bad but, I am guessing that by taking my ticket to court it would get dismissed with out the officer showing?

Old 10-02-2007, 10:28 AM   #34
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
This may sound bad but, I am guessing that by taking my ticket to court it would get dismissed with out the officer showing?
you're probably right. go to trial and it will get dismissed.

ducatisignature
chasee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:39 PM   #35
Mel
Fast Kitty

Bike(s):
a sportbike and a dirtbike

RIP, how terrible, can you imagine doing your JOB and getting killed? unreal
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:57 PM   #36
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
I would be afraid of bad omen if I did that.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:59 PM   #37
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

i didn't realize there were so many perfect drivers on the board. let me guess, you all wait until you're stopped to change the radio station or answer your cell phone and always wear your seat belts and never go over the speed limit and always use your blinkers and always stop at the stop sign for the appropriate amount of time and follow every traffic rule there is.
well, if you don't follow all the rules, and you're saying this person deserves to die, etc. for breaking one of them, just be thankful that you didn't mess up bad whenever you broke whatever traffic law because then it would be you who is the unfortunate "idiot".
i'm not saying this guy is totally innocent though. maybe he was completely negligent and just not paying attention at all, but i didn't gather that info from the article.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:10 PM   #38
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02 View Post
i didn't realize there were so many perfect drivers on the board. let me guess, you all wait until you're stopped to change the radio station or answer your cell phone and always wear your seat belts and never go over the speed limit and always use your blinkers and always stop at the stop sign for the appropriate amount of time and follow every traffic rule there is.
well, if you don't follow all the rules, and you're saying this person deserves to die, etc. for breaking one of them, just be thankful that you didn't mess up bad whenever you broke whatever traffic law because then it would be you who is the unfortunate "idiot".
i'm not saying this guy is totally innocent though. maybe he was completely negligent and just not paying attention at all, but i didn't gather that info from the article.
Wow, someone else actually has a brain here. I have tried to tell people that all the time. No one listens, they think because the party involved was on a motorcycle then they should have this higher than mighty status in the legal system. If the guy was hit in a patrol car, he'd probably still be here alive and we would dismiss it as just another wreck. Newsflash people, this is still just another wreck but contained a fatality unfortunantly. It doesn't matter what two vehicles were involved and we should look at it in the same light. Just because someone made a mistake in which a biker got hurt, we want to hang them. I have been the victim of a such incident so I know that in my heart, I wouldn't want the other party in prison forever or even killed. I lost the use of my legs but I am not bitter towards the driver that hit me. Now if he was drunk, then it would be a totally different story. But this guy was driving down a narrow roadway with out a place to run off. It wasn't the best senerio for making a stop. But why would we stop the blame there. I guess we could also hang the guy that was speeding and got pulled over in the first place. After all, he did cause the officer to be in harms way.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:11 PM   #39
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
I would be afraid of bad omen if I did that.
I agree but normal procedure for trying to get one dismissed is to keep rescheduling the court date for the trial so the officer does not show. This is based upon Texas Code of Criminal Procedure where Due Process of the law guarantees myself certain rights. One of which is I shall be confronted by witnesses who are against me.

Art. 1.05. [3] [4] RIGHTS OF ACCUSED. In all criminal
prosecutions the accused shall have a speedy public trial by an
impartial jury. He shall have the right to demand the nature and
cause of the accusation against him, and to have a copy thereof. He
shall not be compelled to give evidence against himself. He shall
have the right of being heard by himself, or counsel, or both;
shall be confronted with the witnesses against him, and shall have
compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor. No person
shall be held to answer for a felony unless on indictment of a grand
jury.

All of this really sucks though! I would never wish any harm on a motorcycle cop. I would not mind being one myself. Like I said before he was courteous and polite to me. I am just wondering how this affects my ticket is all.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:14 PM   #40
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
Wow, someone else actually has a brain here. I have tried to tell people that all the time. No one listens, they think because the party involved was on a motorcycle then they should have this higher than mighty status in the legal system. If the guy was hit in a patrol car, he'd probably still be here alive and we would dismiss it as just another wreck. Newsflash people, this is still just another wreck but contained a fatality unfortunantly. It doesn't matter what two vehicles were involved and we should look at it in the same light. Just because someone made a mistake in which a biker got hurt, we want to hang them. I have been the victim of a such incident so I know that in my heart, I wouldn't want the other party in prison forever or even killed. I lost the use of my legs but I am not bitter towards the driver that hit me. Now if he was drunk, then it would be a totally different story. But this guy was driving down a narrow roadway with out a place to run off. It wasn't the best senerio for making a stop. But why would we stop the blame there. I guess we could also hang the guy that was speeding and got pulled over in the first place. After all, he did cause the officer to be in harms way.
Not to state any reactions for their actions but, they did break the law and in the course of doing so killed a person who happen to be an officer of the law. That is not good no matter how you look at it. I am sure it will be considered vehicular manslaughter. Now if the person killed was in the middle of the highway or something that would change the story completely.

Advertisement