Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2007, 07:17 PM   #41
Nox

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 R1
01 FZ1(sold)
96 vmax(sold)
02 sv650 TRACK! (sold)

this is not about safety. this is about money. the cost of those cameras are outweighed by the revenue they will bring to the city. populations are growing exponentially. people have been running redlights for longer than some of us have been driving AND we had this camera technology WHILE those people were running the lights. were those intersections any less dangerous 5-10 years ago? i think not. but now we have cameras AND cops giving tickets. twice the money. safety is a low priority anymore. and it wont stop there. next there will be cameras with radars and lasers to catch us on the highway for speeding. then there will be radars in the toll booths. then we will begin to see cameras in our neighborhoods. just watch. its a brave new green world. JUSTICE = GREED.

Im not Ben Spies, but Im from Texas. And I ride a Yamaha.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Red Light Cameras Returning NgaWhat Off Topic 182 10-24-2011 02:59 PM
RED LIGHT CAMERAS GONE! morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 89 11-04-2010 05:06 PM
if you think red light cameras are bad... SBK Pilot General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 11-29-2007 11:48 AM
caught on red light cameras bigjay77 Off Topic 18 05-23-2007 11:02 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2007, 08:47 PM   #42
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertrophyy View Post
It will never stop till they have everybodies money or we are all in jail........ we are allll treated guilty until provin innocent. Even if your a nun. systems of control/ technology outta control...there has to be balance.

Its the end of the world as we know it..........
i swear that sound it as a song, good material there

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:28 PM   #43
dirtyrice411
Staying Stoned

Bike(s):
03 R1 Limited Edition.

Send a message via AIM to dirtyrice411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
Even I don't care. I should; but, I will never be caught by one of those. I just don't care if other people are having their rights violated because they are driving dangerously.

I agree with all of your statements 100% except this one.
I see your point I won't ever get taged by one because I obey the law, and I don't really care about others rights if they are being dangerous, but even if they are being dangerous they are still human's and have that right. and sometimes as much as I don't want to, I have to stick up for those rights as well. Its on the same principal as fighting for your own. if you don't fight then who will. it has to start somewhere. yes they are wrong for abusing it(their liberty's), but we shouldn't all have to pay the price for those that do. I don't want to be watched cause others have too. so on that note it will have to take a collective of people to fight against these cameras and have them removed. who's with me?
dirtyrice411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:50 AM   #44
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

ok, so it catches the vehicle, not you... so if a friend was driving it and you have already used the form to declare it wasn't you then you are screwed right??? WRONG!!! if they are a freind and you know they were driving your car at that time, then tell them to give you the money to pay for it. I have liability only on my car, my gf has driven it just a couple times but if she had a habit of running red lights, then she wouldn't be driving my car. so under normal circumstances it will be you driving YOUR car... or possibly your significant others car in which case they SHOULD hold you accountable when they recieve the notice of violation
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:45 AM   #45
Pat

Bike(s):
2006 FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
ok, so it catches the vehicle, not you... so if a friend was driving it and you have already used the form to declare it wasn't you then you are screwed right??? WRONG!!! if they are a freind and you know they were driving your car at that time, then tell them to give you the money to pay for it. I have liability only on my car, my gf has driven it just a couple times but if she had a habit of running red lights, then she wouldn't be driving my car. so under normal circumstances it will be you driving YOUR car... or possibly your significant others car in which case they SHOULD hold you accountable when they recieve the notice of violation
Would you feel that strongly if it were your auto mechanic? Especially if they went around the block a few times to test out the work they did on your vehicle? And every time they passed through that light they made the minor moving violation? That mechanic made 5 turns at that light and now you get to eat the cost of 4 of them. That would suck!

Before fighting for civil liberty violations....
What else could be done as an alternative to prevent people from the moving violations at those intersections?

Could the alternative be done without a violation of civil liberties?

When presenting the cameras as a civil liberty violation, it would be best to have an alternative solution in mind to replace them with. With a sound alternative, I would definitely be fighting these things. As I won't get tagged by them and I don't have an alternative solution -- there is little reason for me to fight it.
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:36 AM   #46
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Would you feel that strongly if it were your auto mechanic? Especially if they went around the block a few times to test out the work they did on your vehicle? And every time they passed through that light they made the minor moving violation? That mechanic made 5 turns at that light and now you get to eat the cost of 4 of them. That would suck!
i would go after that shop to get them to pay for it... may not be easy but i'd do it anyway. if they didn't pay then there is recourse you could take. you should have a reciept from the shop and i'm sure the court, when provided with that, would go after the shop. it just seems people are making excuses. don't run the red light and you won't have a problem.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:43 AM   #47
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"were those intersections any less dangerous 5-10 years ago? i think not. but now we have cameras AND cops giving tickets. twice the money. safety is a low priority anymore. and it wont stop there. "

How about doing research to find out?

Was the Hardy road just as busy 5 years ago? No.

I'd offer that the intersections in questions, had seen an increase in the number of violations and accidents over 5 years ago.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:58 AM   #48
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

So is the argument for the cameras that they will make us as drivers and riders safer?

If so, then explain why people continue to speed when they know they can be fined for it. Possibly the same reasons why cameras will not prevent people from running red lights? It is a scam to coerce money from the public!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:12 AM   #49
Fuzzy018

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2009 HD Dyna - Super Glide

There's some layer that ran the red lights on purpose so that he could get a ticket and find a way to fight in court. If he wins, could clear a lot of people.
Fuzzy018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:44 PM   #50
Pat

Bike(s):
2006 FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
So is the argument for the cameras that they will make us as drivers and riders safer?
Pretty much. It is reasonably sound logic. When we see the police car by the side of the road we slow down (and there are places that put empty police cars out just to cause us to slow down). We definitely slow down when we see those little radar reading trailers (and how fast it says we are going). We hand our bags and receipts over at store exits. When, a two year old knows you are watching, they do not attempt to get the cookie out of the cookie jar.

This is an extremely conditioned behavioral response. As a people, when we are observed doing "bad" behavior, we usually stop.

I suspect they could almost get away with putting the cameras out, big signs to advertise the cameras, and never even have to take a picture.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:52 PM   #51
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Pretty much. It is reasonably sound logic. When we see the police car by the side of the road we slow down (and there are places that put empty police cars out just to cause us to slow down). We definitely slow down when we see those little radar reading trailers (and how fast it says we are going). We hand our bags and receipts over at store exits. When, a two year old knows you are watching, they do not attempt to get the cookie out of the cookie jar.

This is an extremely conditioned behavioral response. As a people, when we are observed doing "bad" behavior, we usually stop.

I suspect they could almost get away with putting the cameras out, big signs to advertise the cameras, and never even have to take a picture.

I don't know if there is substantial evidence to prove they work as a safety gap. As far as I can tell most people continue to speed although they know it is illegal and they will continue to run red lights whether it is intentional or not. Typically a person running a red light is not conscious of their actions so I doubt posting a sign that a camera is there will help. People will just pay the lame ticket and that is exactly what is intended by placing them there.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:14 PM   #52
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
I don't know if there is substantial evidence to prove they work as a safety gap. As far as I can tell most people continue to speed although they know it is illegal and they will continue to run red lights whether it is intentional or not. Typically a person running a red light is not conscious of their actions so I doubt posting a sign that a camera is there will help. People will just pay the lame ticket and that is exactly what is intended by placing them there.
if they have to pay that fine enough times then maybe they will remove their head from their and drive
Old 10-04-2007, 01:28 PM   #53
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
if they have to pay that fine enough times then maybe they will remove their head from their and drive
We all know that is how it works.

I am doubtful of that. If it happens to you once every 5 years do you think you are going to really care? Probably not but, enough people will do it to make a substanial financial gain for the city.

Old 10-04-2007, 02:22 PM   #54
aznhero913
J.D.

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600rr
2005 R6 (bye baby)
1992 Yamaha Seca (1st one)

now i know it wont be long before they have speed enforcing cameras as well.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:40 PM   #55
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznhero913 View Post

Just like England!

Old 10-04-2007, 03:15 PM   #56
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznhero913 View Post
if they didn't write so many speeding tickets as it is then it would not be finacially feasible to put cameras out. kinda like supply and demand... there is a high supply of drivers that speed, so there is a demand for speed enforcing cameras... take the supply away and there would be no demand
Old 10-04-2007, 05:49 PM   #57
Pat

Bike(s):
2006 FZ6

Quote:
Now that is a comment I wholeheartedly agree with!
Old 10-09-2007, 06:12 PM   #58
dirtyrice411
Staying Stoned

Bike(s):
03 R1 Limited Edition.

Send a message via AIM to dirtyrice411
I think that stiffer fines and taking away driving privledges would be a stiff yet sound option. but they would still have to prove it was you doing it not just your car. so new locations of camera's and maybe a different kind of camera to have a better resolution to actually positivley ID a person would be in order. either way that would cost alot of money to redesign and redevelope a new camera system. and at that point it wouldn't be finacially sound. they are making too much money with people just laying down and giving in. I would rather we up the police force, not only does there presence reduce traffic violators, there is more man power to help with other larger crimes. face it we are under staffed, and the staff we do have doesn't give a as long as they can abuse their power. they know they are ill numbered and can get away with almost murder. they can get away with murder. not too too long ago they shot a kid in the back that was running from him and that was it he died and the cop didn't get for it. either way we are becoming more like england. on buffalo speedway there are speedlimit signs that tell you how fast your going, and with little modification they could be taking your picture too. Bottom line is that we don't need to be doing these "bad" actions. it takes personal resposibility to make it stop. and we would have to find a way to suppliment the income displaced.(they make too much just to let it go. )
dirtyrice411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:40 AM   #59
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctem View Post
the droids man, the droids. next we will be mandated to have printers in our cars that immediately print the tickets.
nah, they will just have your CC# on file, and skip the whole judicial process (waste of money anyway right) and they will just charge you fines directly in real time.

Advertisement