Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2007, 01:31 PM   #1
Pat

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 FZ6

Red Light Cameras to Catch Illegal Turns

I don't know if this has been posted yet; but, they are going to adjust the cameras to take pictures of illegal turns, too!

http://www.click2houston.com/news/14237552/detail.html

HOUSTON -- Red-light cameras perched above some of Houston's busiest intersections will soon catch more than motorists who blow through stoplights, KPRC Local 2 reported Saturday.

Come Monday, those cameras all across the city will also catch drivers who do not come to a complete stop before making a turn.

Police said they hope that will keep you and your family safe.
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Red Light Cameras Returning NgaWhat Off Topic 182 10-24-2011 02:59 PM
RED LIGHT CAMERAS GONE! morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 89 11-04-2010 05:06 PM
if you think red light cameras are bad... SBK Pilot General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 11-29-2007 11:48 AM
caught on red light cameras bigjay77 Off Topic 18 05-23-2007 11:02 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2007, 05:23 PM   #2
RinasDaddy
When in doubt, restart!

Bike(s):
10 Speed :(

Oh wow. I might as well set aside a fund for this cause i never stop
RinasDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:26 PM   #3
bob_1

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000

man that sucks, i already hated it when i thought they only got red light runners.. oh well, there's nothing that can be done now. Hopefully they'll fix up some streets with the money they make

I've got lots of parts
bob_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:32 PM   #4
Nox

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 R1
01 FZ1(sold)
96 vmax(sold)
02 sv650 TRACK! (sold)

there are going to be cameras to watch the cameras next....

Im not Ben Spies, but Im from Texas. And I ride a Yamaha.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:51 PM   #5
J-Row
Gold MemberŪ

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR, 2006 1000RR (STOLEN)

Yeah before u know it were gonna have a camera watching our every move and were all going to be afraid to do anything. Well go though life living like robots!!
PGR #121546
J-Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:15 PM   #6
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Row View Post
Yeah before u know it were gonna have a camera watching our every move and were all going to be afraid to do anything. Well go though life living like robots!!
or go through life actually obeying the laws
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:11 AM   #7
Meaner-n-u
Just so you know...

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple SE
09 Fz6"Rrrrr"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post

+1.

These cameras aren't for ruining your day. They are four catching the Idiots who won't stop. It's really easy. Stop at the light and you won't get a ticket. They aren't taking photos of you in your house, they are taking photos of you on a PUBLIC road for the safety and protection of the general PUBLIC. Big Difference.
Meaner-n-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:40 AM   #8
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

GOOD, - a friend and I were nearly run over last week while training on our bicycles because a lady did a "right turn on red after slowing to 20 mph" in her SUV.:/:

She was trying to drop off a load of boy scouts at a meeting about a half block after the right turn.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:46 AM   #9
jscstar13
Couldnt think of anything

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
05 R6, 400EX (sold), R1 - soon to come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctem View Post
there are going to be cameras to watch the cameras next....
who's going to watch the cameras that watch the cameras.
jscstar13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:01 AM   #10
Cody_Rules
this.

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
650r nekkid

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Cody_Rules
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRmgm View Post
GOOD, - a friend and I were nearly run over last week while training on our bicycles because a lady did a "right turn on red after slowing to 20 mph" in her SUV.:/:

She was trying to drop off a load of boy scouts at a meeting about a half block after the right turn.
I HATE BICYCLES ON THE STREET
Old 10-02-2007, 05:07 PM   #11
Nox

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 R1
01 FZ1(sold)
96 vmax(sold)
02 sv650 TRACK! (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscstar13 View Post
who's going to watch the cameras that watch the cameras.
the droids man, the droids. next we will be mandated to have printers in our cars that immediately print the tickets. its a brave new world. at least the ILLEGALS wont have to worry about this law either.

Im not Ben Spies, but Im from Texas. And I ride a Yamaha.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:13 PM   #12
jimmy"zx6
Banned

Bike(s):
2005 kawasaki 636,2004 zx10r

User is banned

jimmy"zx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:54 PM   #13
typeoneunit0
Zer0-Shrinker of Planets

Bike(s):
01 Roadie
02 R6 (Sold)

Welcome to the age of CCTV....we will be like the British with cameras everywhere, watching everything.

Never discount the long term effects of a law like this...the only good thing about this, is that it might free up some cops to do what they should really be doing....solving crimes and protecting the people.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:01 PM   #14
dirtyrice411
Staying Stoned

Bike(s):
03 R1 Limited Edition.

Send a message via AIM to dirtyrice411
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_1 View Post
man that sucks, i already hated it when i thought they only got red light runners.. oh well, there's nothing that can be done now. Hopefully they'll fix up some streets with the money they make
and with that attitude we all lay down like sheep as the wolf herds us to our impending death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
Who's decision is that to make theirs or mine? it starts with the camera's catching red light runners, now it also catches right turn california stoppers. where will it stop and when is too much? and even so could we stop more from happening? Its kinda like the terrorist hijacked planes and took down the trade center buildings in the name of , yet when will we stop in the name of good? and with that being said brings me to my next quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRmgm View Post
This is why it is our responsability to obey the laws and be responsible. I know the whole population cant, but if we all made an effort we wouldn't need the cameras. Im glad your ok, close calls aren't cool. I understand how this can be an awesome tool in prevention, but I don't like the idea of our gov. taking control of the actions we take in our life. part of life is survival of the fitest, you survived your ordeal and you are stonger than some. camera men filming a lion tear a zebra a new one so he can live for the next 5 days, don't try to stop them cause its the way of life. maybe we should apply that knowledge to our society. if you drive you have that chance of being killed. or killing. accept it and understand the weak and dumb shouldn't be on this earth. they should have been taking responsiblilty and watching and expecting others to run lights. and if happens well its your time.
dirtyrice411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:19 PM   #15
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyrice411 View Post

Who's decision is that to make theirs or mine? it starts with the camera's catching red light runners, now it also catches right turn california stoppers. where will it stop and when is too much? and even so could we stop more from happening?
It will never stop till they have everybodies money or we are all in jail........ we are allll treated guilty until provin innocent. Even if your a nun. systems of control/ technology outta control...there has to be balance.

Its the end of the world as we know it..........
hypertrophyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:12 AM   #16
mr_joe

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 R6-Sold
2008 CBR1000

I support this. make those ID10t's out their stop at the light instead of trying to drive threw you.

Cameras watching Cameras.... does "H.A.L." ring a bell.

www.myspace.com/mrjoes
mr_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:30 AM   #17
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyrice411 View Post

Who's decision is that to make theirs or mine? it starts with the camera's catching red light runners, now it also catches right turn california stoppers. where will it stop and when is too much? it would stop if people would not break the law, then there would be no need for the cameras in the first place... they are put there becuase there is a problem.

This is why it is our responsability to obey the laws and be responsible. I know the whole population cant, but if we all made an effort we wouldn't need the cameras.

^^^^^ oh, you just stated what i did^^^^

part of life is survival of the fitest, you survived your ordeal and you are stonger than some. if you drive you have that chance of being killed. or killing. accept it and understand the weak and dumb shouldn't be on this earth. they should have been taking responsiblilty and watching and expecting others to run lights.

^^^^that last part has to be one of the dumbest things i have heard recently. the bike rider is stronger than some becuase he didn't get hit by a car that ran a red light?!?! but you are saying if that car, which had a dumb driver, took out our friend on the bike, then he did the world a favor by removing someone that is stronger than some but dumb for not expecting the car to run a red light?
Old 10-03-2007, 09:51 AM   #18
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Awesome, more of my rights gone out the window.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:42 AM   #19
Pat

Bike(s):
2006 FZ6

Are such measures needed? Sadly, Yes.

Cars are easier to get than driver's licenses, thus there are good odds that a driver may not have a license, may not have proper insurance, etc. There are just too many of them (cars & drivers).

Do I approve? No.

Ammendment Six (The Bill of Rights)

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

I do not think a camera is an adequate witness. This is the reason why the police have to appear in traffic court or the ticket is dismissed.

Incidentally, the camera is also the reason they have a form ready for when you wish to affirm that you were not the driver of the car that day.

I find the cameras to be an annoyance and as a definitive sign that people do not want to take responsibility for their own actions.
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:46 AM   #20
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

but in this case, the witnesses are every person that sees that picture is witnessing you running the red light, photographic evidence is harder to disprove in court than a cops story of what he saw

Advertisement