MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2007, 05:44 PM   #1
ninjathatcould
UHD BPOC 241

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2006 EX250
(Totaled 08 XB12R)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to ninjathatcould
Talking Mad Kaw Disease

It's contagious, quite possibly life threatening, and often has me seeing green. Of course, I'm talking about my zx7. To celebrate her 10,000 mile mark, I decided to post her spread.

10000kddeleted

p070930002kq1

p070930003jr8

p070930004jy8

p070930005cm4

p070930006ep9

p070930007xndeleted

Patrick, Suzanne, and all the staff there at Motorcycles Unlimited are awesome. I'll never take my bike anywhere else. Just a little +1 to them.

ninjathatcould is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking to get head work done to my kaw JRokka Performance and Modifications 8 08-12-2015 08:58 AM
Don't be mad at the white people, be mad at the right people! RACER X The Circus 8 12-25-2013 10:21 AM
Cool Kaw 110 for Japan ONLY Txagharrison General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 12-11-2009 04:21 PM
2008 Kaw Z1000!! Street Ninja General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 12-12-2007 03:23 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2007, 05:48 PM   #2
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

You about ready to go ride again?
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 05:50 PM   #3
ninjathatcould
UHD BPOC 241

Bike(s):
2006 EX250
(Totaled 08 XB12R)

Member Garage

I moved up to Denton to go to schoo (university of north texas), but when I come back for the winter, and of course next summer, I will definitely be riding.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:07 PM   #4
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Cool, nice bike I had that exact same bike in what they called black cherry, looked black but was actually purple, was one of the most stable bikes at speed ever, now with everything getting lighter and more powerfull, thost days are prolly gone forever, with proper care should get a LOT more life outta her, have fun and be carefull, and ur right about Motorcycles Unlimited, great people
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:24 PM   #5
ninjathatcould
UHD BPOC 241

Bike(s):
2006 EX250
(Totaled 08 XB12R)

Member Garage

Thanks. For sure, 20k here I come baby!

About bikes being lighter, I agree. I've sat on newer 600s, and the difference between the two is like a lawn chair in a hurricane and a recliner watching tv. I love the stability.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:32 PM   #6
FLYIN'DUC

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjathatcould View Post
Thanks. For sure, 20k here I come baby!

About bikes being lighter, I agree. I've sat on newer 600s, and the difference between the two is like a lawn chair in a hurricane and a recliner watching tv. I love the stability.
I have a friend that has a ZX9R and he has 120,000 miles on it, but has done an engine in it, but he rides the wheels off of it, use to run with me and a friend on R1,sAllways remember never get too comfortable, stay alert, when we get use to things thats when stuff can happen
Old 09-30-2007, 06:58 PM   #7
ninjathatcould
UHD BPOC 241

Bike(s):
2006 EX250
(Totaled 08 XB12R)

Member Garage

You know, I was riding around last night and I thought to myself, I really feel comfortable with this bike now. (I've been doing parking lot tracks at 2am, and practicing my MSF stuff too)

Then I remembered something I read from a moto magazine. It said something like there are different stages of maturity in riding. The first was the beginner, he fears the bike and is extra careful, this lasts for several months. Next was the sophomore, who thinks he can ride and ends up busting his . Lastly are stages of respecting the bike and slipping back into sophomoric attitude.

Honestly, I respect my bike dearly. Probably because it's my only set of wheels.... and because I'm probably 1000% more likely to die in an accident or be in an accident. I think every biker needs to have a little sit down with their bike and really think about why they ride and what they want to get out of riding. I know no one wants to wreck, but a lot of people sure ride like they do.

/rant

Good point, duc.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:03 PM   #8
FLYIN'DUC

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjathatcould View Post
You know, I was riding around last night and I thought to myself, I really feel comfortable with this bike now. (I've been doing parking lot tracks at 2am, and practicing my MSF stuff too)

Then I remembered something I read from a moto magazine. It said something like there are different stages of maturity in riding. The first was the beginner, he fears the bike and is extra careful, this lasts for several months. Next was the sophomore, who thinks he can ride and ends up busting his . Lastly are stages of respecting the bike and slipping back into sophomoric attitude.

Honestly, I respect my bike dearly. Probably because it's my only set of wheels.... and because I'm probably 1000% more likely to die in an accident or be in an accident. I think every biker needs to have a little sit down with their bike and really think about why they ride and what they want to get out of riding. I know no one wants to wreck, but a lot of people sure ride like they do.

/rant

Good point, duc.
U sound like a very intellegent young man, SIR props to U, I just tola a new bebinner rider If done wright U can get a lifetime of enjoyment out of ridin, If done wrong can cost u and ur family your life, sounds like U have a good attitude and are enjoying it for what it is.good job
Old 10-01-2007, 04:07 PM   #9
Mic

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
C14
WR450
CRF110F
TTR110

Send a message via AIM to Mic Send a message via MSN to Mic
Hey Chris, how have you been? Did you get the bike synced up?
Mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:12 PM   #10
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Trackdays: 10+

then when it hit 10,000 miles it fell apart again

where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:26 PM   #11
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

you need a scotts steering damper mounting bracket? i have one off a 99 zx7 that you could have for super cheap...you would just need the damper.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement