MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2007, 05:40 PM   #41
level5
moving chicane
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,825












Quote:
Originally Posted by zapata View Post
That's not bad...!!! have you feel a pig (ooppsss..!!! Sorry) I mean a Cop knee on your neck/throat until you almost pass out by strangulation?? I tell you man. Those mofos are BAD and hate anyone in a Sportbike..!! and the situation is worse if you are African American or Hispanic.

beating5

Very difficult situation. I'll pull to the side and have ready my license and insurance card. ok...that seems like a bad idea because they can shoot you with the excuse that you were pulling a gun..!!! just pull to the side, show your hands and pray.
Or they could cuff you and lift you up from behind and screaming in pain when your arms socket is about to come out?
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hostage Situation at Chase Bank in Pearland (Hostage situation over now) NewRider Off Topic 47 01-01-2011 01:43 PM
got a situation need some help 06fairedfz1 Off Topic 53 01-10-2009 04:23 AM
To those who know my situation Phydeaux Off Topic 4 12-10-2008 03:33 PM
What would you do in this situation? pimp2303 General Discussion (Moto Related) 47 04-05-2008 01:20 AM
What would you do in this situation? dhdrider General Discussion (Moto Related) 50 09-01-2007 08:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2007, 05:40 PM   #42
josh302
Senior Member
 
josh302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: fiddy house
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 1,727


Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd







Happens to me all the time. The one that pulls over is called "scape-goat", and the correct answers for questions asked are:

1. I dont know them
2. the ride was set up on some website called "myspace"
3. I think they live in that neighborhood right there (what ever is closest)
__________________
SCREW PAYPAL.COM
josh302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:04 AM   #43
level5
moving chicane
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,825












Quote:
Originally Posted by josh302 View Post
Happens to me all the time. The one that pulls over is called "scape-goat:
Do you still ride the street? The only thing I think that makes a difference is ride with a group and hopefully that group won't get you into trouble.

Thursday is bike night in Dallas, and there are plenty of squids doing triple digits and running from the lawmen.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:10 AM   #44
MadseasoN
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 77002
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,603

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
I thought I was the only one paranoid about this.:/:
Nope.

And what are we to say? "It wasn't me"? I doubt that would work ... meanwhile the other bike is already 2 miles up the road.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:13 AM   #45
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,236

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





I don't worry about it because I am very rarely on the highways around Houston, and never at late night.. much prefer the country roads to squirreling around 610 at 2 am.
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:18 AM   #46
level5
moving chicane
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,825












Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
Nope.

And what are we to say? "It wasn't me"? I doubt that would work ... meanwhile the other bike is already 2 miles up the road.
That's what expect coming out of your mouth, "it wasn't me".
Now, you have just insulted his intelligence or creditibility.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:08 PM   #47
zampano
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 988












Send a message via AIM to zampano
How is THIS for mis-identification?

Portland attorney Brandon Mayfield sought the ruling in a lawsuit against the federal government after he was mistakenly linked by the FBI to the Madrid train bombings that killed 191 people in 2004.

The federal government apologized and settled part of the lawsuit for $2 MILLION after admitting a fingerprint was misread. But as part of the settlement, Mayfield retained the right to challenge parts of the Patriot Act, which greatly expanded the authority of law enforcers to investigate suspected acts of terrorism.

You think HE got it nice when the FBI came to get him? You think they just knocked on his door and said "please come with me" ? Perfect example of how if you play smart and maintain innocence you can come out on top.
zampano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:20 PM   #48
gixxerbill
Senior Member
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,514

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper







I

I think I would haul then exit. I'll tell you why. We were riding on a Wednesday night the guys in the front were doing triple digits cops starting chasing them so they ran from the cops. We all pull over at a exxon parking lot to bs. Well some toyota cutt of a friend so this dude that is with us calls the cops on him.

Well while they(the cops called for the toyota) were talking to the toyota 10 other cops haul into the parking lot to talk to us. They wanted to know who ran. We said we don't know what you are talking about. And then the cop said really well then all of ya'll are going to get tickets for what they did? WTH(what the heck) I said to myself. What are ya'll teaching these young riders if you run you get away if you don't you get hassled. Stupid cops.

Anyway they threw 4 guys in jail for warrants on being a harley getting gas at the wrong and the wrong place. And gave the rest of us bs tickets like riding side by side (which he didn't even see he was chasing the other bikes in front.

So back to the original scenerio the cops are going to get you for felony fleeing even though you diddn't do . So why not take the chance run and have the chance of nothing happening to ya. In that scenerio
__________________
Sifu tz is the ultimate poser. He post on motohouston without owning a bike and he posts the corvette forum without owning a vette.... = LOSER!
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:28 PM   #49
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,236

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





Disclaimer:

The example posted by Gixxerbill does not pertain to anyone, as he was involved and everyone knows he is Infamous to all law enforcement in the Greater South Texas Area. Therefor any incidence he may or may not be involved in will result in the maximum penalties allowed.

And the poor potato riders were swept up in the "GB" net..

please drive thru... nothing to see here...

Your mileage may vary, does not include handling fee, tax, title and license.....
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:46 PM   #50
gixxerbill
Senior Member
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,514

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper







Hold on a minute I did not run. I don't even think I was speeding my daughter was on the back I ain't going to run with my daughter on the back.
__________________
Sifu tz is the ultimate poser. He post on motohouston without owning a bike and he posts the corvette forum without owning a vette.... = LOSER!
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:47 PM   #51
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis
 
Zapata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Katy/Conroe
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 2,617

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge



Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by zampano View Post
...You think HE got it nice when the FBI came to get him? You think they just knocked on his door and said "please come with me" ? Perfect example of how if you play smart and maintain innocence you can come out on top.
LOL...Most likely an FBI SWAT team blast their way trough the front and back doors in the middle of the night, beat the out of him and drag it to one of those secret jails for "questioning" under the presumption that he was an "enemy combatant"...Totally FUBAR...!!!
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:49 PM   #52
GSXR_Bills_Kid
Miss my fiddy :(
 
GSXR_Bills_Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Austin
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 406

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
85 honda expert dirtbike 2005
in the market for one as we speak...thank you irs.





hey gixxerbill doesn't screw off when he has his girls on the back. just so you know. but otherwise...dad you are pretty crazy.
GSXR_Bills_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:51 PM   #53
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,236

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
Hold on a minute I did not run. I don't even think I was speeding my daughter was on the back I ain't going to run with my daughter on the back.




You're missing the point... you were there so your aura pervades....
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:36 PM   #54
jswift
Member
 
jswift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 290 & FM 1960
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 12


Bike(s):
2007 GSX-R750









Funny you should ask (not ha ha funny).... Last Thursday, a buddy and I were going to Sam's boat @ willowbrook but we stopped by a restaurant first. As we were pulling into the parking lot a cop zoomed right up to us and jumped out of the car. I nearly crapped my pants b/c it look like he was ready to tackle me. He comes up to me an ask if we were with another biker and then he asks for our license. He then tells us about some guy on a bike that was running from the cops. He radios in and dispatch tells him the guy was alone so he let us go. Then he gave us directions to Sam's boat. He was cool after that.

I go with the honest policy. Pull over and be honest.
jswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:42 PM   #55
level5
moving chicane
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,825












Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I think I would haul then exit. I'll tell you why. We were riding on a Wednesday night the guys in the front were doing triple digits cops starting chasing them so they ran from the cops. We all pull over at a exxon parking lot to bs. Well some toyota cutt of a friend so this dude that is with us calls the cops on him.

Well while they(the cops called for the toyota) were talking to the toyota 10 other cops haul into the parking lot to talk to us. They wanted to know who ran. We said we don't know what you are talking about. And then the cop said really well then all of ya'll are going to get tickets for what they did? WTH(what the heck) I said to myself. What are ya'll teaching these young riders if you run you get away if you don't you get hassled. Stupid cops.

Anyway they threw 4 guys in jail for warrants on being a harley getting gas at the wrong and the wrong place. And gave the rest of us bs tickets like riding side by side (which he didn't even see he was chasing the other bikes in front.

So back to the original scenerio the cops are going to get you for felony fleeing even though you diddn't do . So why not take the chance run and have the chance of nothing happening to ya. In that scenerio
That's what I am talking about too. Someone in the group ran and everyone gets the blame/ticket.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:44 PM   #56
level5
moving chicane
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,825












Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Disclaimer:

The example posted by Gixxerbill does not pertain to anyone, as he was involved and everyone knows he is Infamous to all law enforcement in the Greater South Texas Area. Therefor any incidence he may or may not be involved in will result in the maximum penalties allowed.

And the poor potato riders were swept up in the "GB" net..

please drive thru... nothing to see here...

Your mileage may vary, does not include handling fee, tax, title and license.....
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:47 PM   #57
level5
moving chicane
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,825












Quote:
Originally Posted by zampano View Post
How is THIS for mis-identification?

Portland attorney Brandon Mayfield sought the ruling in a lawsuit against the federal government after he was mistakenly linked by the FBI to the Madrid train bombings that killed 191 people in 2004.

The federal government apologized and settled part of the lawsuit for $2 MILLION after admitting a fingerprint was misread. But as part of the settlement, Mayfield retained the right to challenge parts of the Patriot Act, which greatly expanded the authority of law enforcers to investigate suspected acts of terrorism.

You think HE got it nice when the FBI came to get him? You think they just knocked on his door and said "please come with me" ? Perfect example of how if you play smart and maintain innocence you can come out on top.

There are many people getting life sentence and got released 40 yrs later with a couple of mils$. Then there are others that got the chairs and who knew if they are innocent or not. Just like Shawshank redemption, the movie. Wrong place at the wrong time.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:48 PM   #58
gixxerbill
Senior Member
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,514

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper







In all honesty I would probably pull over if the cop got on my I have too many guns to lose in a felony situation. . But I am 43, settled in business, and semi respected in my community and have the money to fight it in court. If I was in my 20s like ya'll and don't have the clout to fight, I would probably haul .

See in this situation it is better to be older haha. So you young whippersnappers can pucker up and kiss my cause ya'll are going to jail because you are YOUNG.
__________________
Sifu tz is the ultimate poser. He post on motohouston without owning a bike and he posts the corvette forum without owning a vette.... = LOSER!
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:49 PM   #59
level5
moving chicane
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,825












Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR_Bills_Kid View Post
...dad you are pretty crazy.
Gixxerbill got me another quote. What do you think? LMK.

You are a local celebrity.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:54 PM   #60
level5
moving chicane
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,825












Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
In all honesty I would probably pull over if the cop got on my I have too many guns to lose in a felony situation. . But I am 43, settled in business, and semi respected in my community and have the money to fight it in court. If I was in my 20s like ya'll and don't have the clout to fight, I would probably haul .

See in this situation it is better to be older haha. So you young whippersnappers can pucker up and kiss my cause ya'll are going to jail because you are YOUNG.
I don't think that age is a different if we all look alike.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy