MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2007, 01:35 PM   #21
level5
moving chicane

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zampano View Post
Lets test it out, someone else witha black bike, jacket, and silver lid go ride around with me, you provoke, I will follow, lets see what happens.... I take no responsibility if YOU get caught though
No thanks, been through it and don't want to find out again. I was the lead bike in my situation and my other friend was the one behind the chasing cops. Cost each of us $4k or more in the end. Lesson learned but what if there are others like that? How will I deal with this situation if it happens?
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hostage Situation at Chase Bank in Pearland (Hostage situation over now) NewRider Off Topic 47 01-01-2011 01:43 PM
got a situation need some help 06fairedfz1 Off Topic 53 01-10-2009 04:23 AM
To those who know my situation Phydeaux Off Topic 4 12-10-2008 03:33 PM
What would you do in this situation? pimp2303 General Discussion (Moto Related) 47 04-05-2008 01:20 AM
What would you do in this situation? dhdrider General Discussion (Moto Related) 50 09-01-2007 08:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2007, 01:41 PM   #22
R6kid
aggies class of 2010

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000 Red/Black

Send a message via AIM to R6kid
well then almighty racerx, what would you do in this situation? Got your pessimistic qoute in there on someones story, how about the original question?
R6kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:41 PM   #23
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

i would pull over because at that point i would be at the back of the line of bikes and i prolly won't be catching them, so if anyone would be caught after i decided to click down a few gears, it'd be me. just get over and let them by, if they pull you over, be nice and courteous and tell them it wasn't you. when they turn on the lights the camera automattically comes on, they would be able to tell it wasn't you. not worth risking a felony for nothing that i did
sbfuller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:44 PM   #24
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i would pull over because at that point i would be at the back of the line of bikes and i prolly won't be catching them, so if anyone would be caught after i decided to click down a few gears, it'd be me. just get over and let them by, if they pull you over, be nice and courteous and tell them it wasn't you. when they turn on the lights the camera automattically comes on, they would be able to tell it wasn't you. not worth risking a felony for nothing that i did
not entirely true....a little bird told me they can turn it off and on as they please.....may or may not be true.....just what a uniformed guy told me.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:46 PM   #25
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
not entirely true....a little bird told me they can turn it off and on as they please.....may or may not be true.....just what a uniformed guy told me.
well i'll still go with the innocent until proven guilty... and they can't prove it was me unless i'm on video doing it since they do have the choice to video in their car
Old 09-26-2007, 01:48 PM   #26
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

I'd pull over. If there was no place to stop, I'd slowly putt along. If there was a place to stop, I'd actually stop, just turn the engine off and sit there. Sorta like I was sitting there watching the entire scene

Most likely, if that cop is hauling , he can't stop that fast anyways, seeing you sit there and would just continue chasing the moving bikes.

On the other hand, I guess it all depends on actually being in that situation. It all sounds great in theory.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:49 PM   #27
houseofpaint

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike

Member Garage

Quote:
well i'll still go with the innocent until proven guilty... and they can't prove it was me unless i'm on video doing it since they do have the choice to video in their car
sad truth of this country........the real statement should say "guilty until proven innocent."

the more fcked up part is that some asshat in their cage will pull over and testify it was you speeding as well......as others have stated "guilty by association"

Old 09-26-2007, 01:50 PM   #28
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

yeah, but i'll take my chances. i don't want a felony evading charge if i decide to actually run and they catch me
Old 09-26-2007, 01:51 PM   #29
houseofpaint

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike

Member Garage

Quote:
yeah, but i'll take my chances. i don't want a felony evading charge if i decide to actually run and they catch me
i agree. i wouldn't kick no gears down and burn off.......i'd pray for an exit on the highway......and proceed with caution

Old 09-26-2007, 01:51 PM   #30
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
They wont be able to captured the speeding bikes in the videos.
My lawyer viewed the video of the "chase" and he said there was nothing on the video just the cops narrating/noting the situation. Nothing on the video for 15 mins. and the cops say they have us on video running. It was night time by the way going from Dallas to Waco destination Austin. It started in Italy and ended at Hillsboro.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:03 PM   #31
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
They wont be able to captured the speeding bikes in the videos.
My lawyer viewed the video of the "chase" and he said there was nothing on the video just the cops narrating/noting the situation. Nothing on the video for 15 mins. and the cops say they have us on video running. It was night time by the way going from Dallas to Waco destination Austin. It started in Italy and ended at Hillsboro.
that's also why i choose not to ride with people that do 140 down the freeways. backroads with no cops... and you know because you have already scoped it out... i have no problem with speeding, but if i don't know what's around the curve or hill ahead, i don't speed and won't ride with people who do
Old 09-26-2007, 02:04 PM   #32
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
exit if at all possible, going the speed limit of course, and IF he follows you stop and tell him the truth!!
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:07 PM   #33
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

I would highly suggest NOT exiting, just because thats what people do when they're guilty and trying not to get caught...

But yeah, its a crappy situation at best...
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:16 PM   #34
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre-K View Post
I would highly suggest NOT exiting, just because thats what people do when they're guilty and trying not to get caught...

But yeah, its a crappy situation at best...
Thank you. I was hoping someone knows anything about this to chime in to give his/her thought or the other view.

So, all you peeps that said exit, you are guilty!
Old 09-26-2007, 02:21 PM   #35
zampano

Send a message via AIM to zampano
Quote:
Thank you. I was hoping someone knows anything about this to chime in to give his/her thought or the other view.

So, all you peeps that said exit, you are guilty!
ummmm is that not what I said??
zampano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:27 PM   #36
dnix600

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600

I say do the speed limit and move over. If the cop pulls you over, evading will get dropped by the DA, even if you get charged. I can live with the rest of the violations. Its not worth risking my life or suffering the consequences of a felony.
dnix600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 03:17 PM   #37
MadseasoN

I'm afraid of something like this happening too.

One day I was cruising along the Eastex freeway around 75mph. This yellow bike flew by me doing at least 140mph. I wondered if he was being chased and if the Cops would think it was me once they caught up. He wasn't being chased though, just being a dumba5s.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 04:36 PM   #38
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
I'm afraid of something like this happening too.

One day I was cruising along the Eastex freeway around 75mph. This yellow bike flew by me doing at least 140mph. I wondered if he was being chased and if the Cops would think it was me once they caught up. He wasn't being chased though, just being a dumba5s.
I thought I was the only one paranoid about this.:/:
Old 09-26-2007, 04:41 PM   #39
level5
moving chicane

If it was one running then it would be less chance of getting associated but you have a small group of 3 or more then you might be considered associated.
Especially on a Sunday spirited ride, when the leader was doing triple digits and the whole pack is doing the same. The slow/weak one will get caught but if the cops couldn't catch the slowest they call it in for the whole pack.

If this pack past you then you are automatically associated. It might even be someone you knew.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:22 PM   #40
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
... suspects on the ground with cop's knee on the back etc....
That's not bad...!!! have you feel a pig (ooppsss..!!! Sorry) I mean a Cop knee on your neck/throat until you almost pass out by strangulation?? I tell you man. Those mofos are BAD and hate anyone in a Sportbike..!! and the situation is worse if you are African American or Hispanic.

beating5

Very difficult situation. I'll pull to the side and have ready my license and insurance card. ok...that seems like a bad idea because they can shoot you with the excuse that you were pulling a gun..!!! just pull to the side, show your hands and pray.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement