Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2007, 02:05 AM   #1
level5
moving chicane

Feedback Rating: (0)

What should one do in this situation?

If you are riding alone on the highway and you see bikes flies by you with flashing red/blue lights far behind, do you pull over or kick down gears and haul ?
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hostage Situation at Chase Bank in Pearland (Hostage situation over now) NewRider Off Topic 47 01-01-2011 01:43 PM
got a situation need some help 06fairedfz1 Off Topic 53 01-10-2009 04:23 AM
To those who know my situation Phydeaux Off Topic 4 12-10-2008 03:33 PM
What would you do in this situation? pimp2303 General Discussion (Moto Related) 47 04-05-2008 01:20 AM
What would you do in this situation? dhdrider General Discussion (Moto Related) 50 09-01-2007 08:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2007, 02:07 AM   #2
rick
R.I.P. "B"

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
o5 gsxr 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
If you are riding alone on the highway and you see bikes flies by you with flashing red/blue lights far behind, do you pull over or kick down gears and haul ?
id pull, and tell the truth, u werent with them, and have all ur stuff ready. but then again i dont go over 90.
rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:07 AM   #3
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
exit asap.......and proceed with caution

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:11 AM   #4
dnix600

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600

im committed to never running, and always being honest. but thats a situation i hope i never come across. i got nervous just reading it.
dnix600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:52 AM   #5
Longnguyen

i'd just hold my line and speed, if cop pulls you over........might be a bad situation
Longnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:43 AM   #6
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
stupid question, stupid thread.
why would you not pull over and get the out of the way?

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:35 AM   #7
zampano

Feedback Rating: (1)

Send a message via AIM to zampano
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
I dont think he is refering to the issue of getting out of the way, I think he is reffering to the issue of mis-identification....

when a cop comes up behind you with lights on you dont assume that he is trying to catch you, wait untill he gets specificly behind you THEN pull over, then explain that if he was trying to catch a speeding group of bikers that you werent one of them, but be polite.

I would play it by ear, if I was not speeding at all, I would do everything I could to prevent him from giving me a ticket on the spot (within my legal rights). If I were speeding but he said I was doing something like 130 when I was doing 80 at the very most, I would take the ticket and deal with it in court. Although there is still the chance that he gets up behind me, and gives me my 80 in a 60 ticket even though he was originally chasing someone else. Then Id just be sol and off.
zampano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:38 AM   #8
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

I'd run him out of site, get off to make a u-turn real quick and pull into a resteraunt, park the bike beside a SUV (suburban works best), go inside and have a drink and some buff wings or cheese sticks and watch for the chopper.

Oh wait, you said there was another bike he was chasing. I would just keep going, my bad!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 08:21 AM   #9
NormGSXR1000

Bike(s):
05 GSXR 1000/ 01 F4I

I like the exit asap and proceed with caution comment myself... Good call!!!!!!
NormGSXR1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:28 AM   #10
Karen
Failure is not an option

Bike(s):
03 r6 limited edition/???

Send a message via Yahoo to Karen
id exit and try to be discreet
Old 09-26-2007, 08:37 AM   #11
Fuzzy018

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2009 HD Dyna - Super Glide

Definitely pull to the right lane and maintain your speed.

And hope that the cop recognizes you're not with the group.

Cop cars have cameras on them, which should help.
Fuzzy018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:43 AM   #12
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Get gone dude!

Face it....he's chasing a guy, and mad cause he's apparently loosing the fight, mistaken id or not he's gone hem anyone up he pulls over, excuse or not!
Old 09-26-2007, 09:56 AM   #13
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
Have you heard or ran with a group and the whole group got pulled over getting a ticket for speeding? It is called association. Imagined you are alone and a few bikes flew past you, evading from arrest or being pulled over, if you were to maintain your speed and the cops pull up and you are the first bike that he sees. Guess what? He could mistakenly identified you as the runner and he's not gonna be nice about it. You gonna know what Rodney King is about. Stupid question, stupid thread? Not, it's because you have not been in this situation. One time, there was 6 of us, 4 was speeding like bat outa cops couldn't catch up for like 15 minutes called for road block. Eventually 6 got arrested for reckless driving, speeding, and charged with evading arrest. Only four did the mistakes but all paid the price, why? Yeah, yeah, after $4k of bail bonds, lawyer, time of work to clarify the situation. Stupid question, stupid thread? I guess that you don't have this problem if you are riding a Harley. The 2 that were innocent were behind the chasing cop car. 1 of the 4 exited and was hiding in with the locals, the other 2 in times came up to witness the guns drawn, suspects on the ground with cop's knee on the back etc... Then that 2 exited to a burger shop, ate and waited to see what all happens. The locals called it in because apparently there was a man search and everyone had them police scanner, this is what they do for entertainment. cops came picked them up because they had driver licensed with the same origin. There were several bikes being pulled over of that 10-20 miles stretch but lucky for them they were from different towns or city. Even though the story is not the same but the point of this thread is mistaken identity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zampano View Post
I dont think he is refering to the issue of getting out of the way, I think he is reffering to the issue of mis-identification....

when a cop comes up behind you with lights on you dont assume that he is trying to catch you, wait untill he gets specificly behind you THEN pull over, then explain that if he was trying to catch a speeding group of bikers that you werent one of them, but be polite.

I would play it by ear, if I was not speeding at all, I would do everything I could to prevent him from giving me a ticket on the spot (within my legal rights). If I were speeding but he said I was doing something like 130 when I was doing 80 at the very most, I would take the ticket and deal with it in court. Although there is still the chance that he gets up behind me, and gives me my 80 in a 60 ticket even though he was originally chasing someone else. Then Id just be sol and off.
It is the right thing to pull over but if you are being mis-identified, you are gonna get the beating, meaning tackled you to the ground and lock the cuffs on you tightly, from them before you get to explain it to the court.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:07 AM   #14
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Get the out of the way.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:29 AM   #15
zampano

Quote:

It is the right thing to pull over but if you are being mis-identified, you are gonna get the beating, meaning tackled you to the ground and lock the cuffs on you tightly, from them before you get to explain it to the court.
Yeah, good chance at that, Ive been pushed around before, had a gun pointed in my direction, and threatened with a taser (well not directly at that time but he was clearly not being conservative about using it). We have all seen it time and time again, you try to hide / run / fight, chances are its just gonna get worse.... maybe youll get away, but most often you dont.

But I deff. agree, good thread, good question.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:35 AM   #16
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
One time, there was 6 of us, 4 was speeding like bat outa cops couldn't catch up for like 15 minutes called for road block. Eventually 6 got arrested for reckless driving, speeding, and charged with evading arrest. Only
if you hang w/ felons don't be suprised if you get treated like one.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:39 AM   #17
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Just do what the law says. When an emergency vehicle is approaching with lights and siren, slow down and pull to the shoulder or slow lane on the highway.

If they choose you, say yes sir no sir and go from there. As long as you are not riding dirty the burden of proof is on them.

That's why I don't ride one of those sport bike racing thingies...
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:41 AM   #18
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
if you hang w/ felons don't be suprised if you get treated like one.
Never know your friends until things happened. It could happen to any riding groups. Some Sunday spirited ride ended up with the same fate.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:43 AM   #19
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Just do what the law says. When an emergency vehicle is approaching with lights and siren, slow down and pull to the shoulder or slow lane on the highway.

If they choose you, say yes sir no sir and go from there. As long as you are not riding dirty the burden of proof is on them.

That's why I don't ride one of those sport bike racing thingies...
Yes, better chance of getting off or release but on the other hand, it could cost thousands $ before they let you off.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:00 PM   #20
zampano

Quote:
Yes, better chance of getting off or release but on the other hand, it could cost thousands $ before they let you off.
Lets test it out, someone else witha black bike, jacket, and silver lid go ride around with me, you provoke, I will follow, lets see what happens.... I take no responsibility if YOU get caught though

Advertisement