Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2007, 01:18 PM   #1
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
In W.Va, Police Hold Six in Alleged Torture Case

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...091200454.html

WOW, and some of us think hangin nooses is just child's play, people take this t seriously people!!!!

In W.Va, Police Hold Six in Alleged Torture Case
Victim, Who Is Black, Remains in Stable Condition

By Paul Lewis
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, September 13, 2007; 11:20 AM

BIG CREEK, W.Va., Sept. 12 -- The curtains on the trailer home were closed, a shopping cart of empty beer cans was dumped by the porch and rats scurried across the trash-strewn yard. The yellow police tape attached to the porch rail gave the only hint of the brutal and bizarre crime that authorities allege took place last week in a trailer home here in the southwest corner of West Virginia.

Police said six people, including three women, held a 20-year-old woman captive for at least a week. During that time, the victim, who is black, was beaten, stabbed, raped and tortured, all the while being subject to racial slurs from her white tormentors, police said.

According to court complaints and interviews with law enforcement officials, defendants cut her hair, made her eat dog and rat feces, placed a cable around her neck, poured hot water over her body and forced her to lick blood and drink water from a toilet.

They also told the alleged victim, identified as Megan Williams of Charleston, that she would be killed if she left the property, set in a forlorn stretch of forest. Police said they locked her in a nearby shed filled with broken tools and the rusty frame of a spring mattress.

She was stabbed four times in her left leg. At least one defendant used racial slurs while cutting her ankle with a knife, the documents state, telling her "that's what we do [to black people] around here."

Williams remained listed in stable condition at a hospital Wednesday while the six defendants, described by prosecutors as the "primary actors" in the prolonged attack, were each being held on $100,000 bond.

Interviews with police, prosecutors and residents of this poverty-racked county paint a complicated, disturbing picture of the alleged crime.

Police initially thought Williams, who has learning difficulties, may have been abducted and taken against her will to the trailer, possibly after being contacted on the Internet. The trailer is home to two of the defendants, Frankie Brewster, 49, and her son, Bobby Brewster, 24.

Although officials are still investigating how she arrived at the trailer, and whether two other individuals were involved, it appears likely that she went there after forming a relationship with Bobby Brewster.

Williams was discovered Saturday evening when two sheriff's deputies visited the Brewster trailer after an anonymous tip. Frankie Brewster told the deputies she was alone. But Williams -- bruised, bleeding and partially clothed -- limped toward the door with her arms outstretched, pleading simply, "Help me."

Last week was not the first time she visited the property or was allegedly harmed there. On July 19, court documents indicate, police were called to the trailer because of reports that Williams had been threatened and struck by Bobby Brewster.

On that day, Brewster told the officers he had not seen Williams "for a few days," documents state, but they found her concealed at the back of the premises -- hiding, she told police, from Brewster and his mother, who had just beaten her.

In the July 19 incident, Brewster was charged with domestic assault and battery and giving false information to police. He was released from jail on Aug. 2 after settling his bond, and a court hearing was scheduled for November.

Logan County Prosecutor Brian Abraham said the latest developments have changed "some of the considerations" relating to the investigation. Clearly there was a "preestablished social relationship" between Brewster and Williams, Abraham said.

The Justice Department announced Wednesday that no federal charges, including hate crimes, would be brought against the six, though FBI officials are assisting in the investigation.

Local prosecutors said others could be charged in the case. They said they are considering whether to file hate crime charges against at least one defendant under state law.

"Race appears, based upon the investigation I've seen so far, to be a contributing factor," Abraham said. "Whether it was the sole motivating factor -- that remains under investigation."

Regardless of how Williams arrived at the property, Abraham added, law enforcement officials do not doubt she was held against her will once she arrived.

All six suspects are well known to Logan County law enforcement officials. Since 1991, they have collectively amassed 108 charges, from public intoxication to battery and wielding a deadly weapon, court records show.

But for most of them, the charges in the Williams case are far more serious than anything they have faced before.

Frankie Brewster has been charged with kidnapping, sexual assault, malicious wounding and giving false information during a felony investigation. Her son has been charged with kidnapping, sexual assault, malicious wounding and assault during the commission of a felony.

Karen Burton, 46, of Chapmanville has been charged with malicious wounding, battery and assault during the commission of a felony. Her daughter and her daughter's boyfriend -- Alisha Burton, 23, and George A. Messer, 27, both of Chapmanville -- have been charged with assault during the commission of a felony and battery. Danny J. Combs, 20, of Harts has been charged with sexual assault and malicious wounding.

Williams's distraught family members, by her bedside this week, say they have no idea how she became involved with the suspects, though they believe she was targeted because of her race.

"Her biggest problem: She got too much trust in people. We've been trying and trying, but we can't get that out of her," said her father, Matthew Williams. "You walk down the street, and she'll come up to you like she's known you all her life."

**correction to the article she was found when police responded to an anonymous tip!
Old 09-25-2007, 01:23 PM   #2
paniro187

can't wait for the regulars to scream "she's using the race card" on this one.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:28 PM   #3
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

UMMMM and they would be accurate, read the 1st 4 paragraphs!
Old 09-25-2007, 01:36 PM   #4
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

I read about this a couple of weeks ago.

Sick.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:42 PM   #5
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

that's just messed up... not much to say but that
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:44 PM   #6
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
I read about this a couple of weeks ago.

Sick.
Even sicker is the phuckers WON'T BE CHARGED with a hate crime!!!

The world is in complete disarray as far as i'm concern.

Oh and looky, looky, here are the charges: The six are charged with kidnapping, sexual assault, malicious wounding and battery.

No attempted murder, no hate crime either, now tell me this women wasn't treated harsher than the jena 6 school yard fight, and then tell me that these people DON'T ACTUALLY DESERVE attempted murder or at least a hate crime.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:51 PM   #7
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR View Post

Oh and looky, looky, here are the charges: The six are charged with kidnapping, sexual assault, malicious wounding and battery.

No attempted murder, no hate crime either, now tell me this women wasn't treated harsher than the jena 6 school yard fight, and then tell me that these people DON'T ACTUALLY DESERVE attempted murder or at least a hate crime.
we all know the justice system is messed up, i think they deserve more
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:58 PM   #8
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR View Post

Should this thread be part of the 'Jena 6' thread????
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:02 PM   #9
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
Should this thread be part of the 'Jena 6' thread????
If u wanna show the real injustice in the world by all means!
Old 09-25-2007, 02:21 PM   #10
BrutusTx

Member Garage

They would probably get LESS time if they went with the hate crime.

But it also points out the danger of inbreeding...........
Old 09-25-2007, 02:25 PM   #11
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx View Post
They would probably get LESS time if they went with the hate crime.

But it also points out the danger of inbreeding...........
Ur RIGHT....good point!
Old 09-25-2007, 02:40 PM   #12
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
The Justice Department announced Wednesday that no federal charges, including hate crimes, would be brought against the six, though FBI officials are assisting in the investigation.

Local prosecutors said others could be charged in the case. They said they are considering whether to file hate crime charges against at least one defendant under state law.
You have got to be kidding me! I know it's not attempted murder but that would be an ever better charge. She got stabbed in the frickin leg! Who knows what else they have done to her. I feel so bad for her and her family.

Last edited by Crystalline; 09-25-2007 at 02:42 PM.
Crystalline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:43 PM   #13
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Remeber this point: It is harder to go after a hate crime or murder charge than it is for the crimes that the DA knows that he can convict on. Trails like this are based on a little justice since there just isn't enough to support greater charges. The best that one can hope for is a judge that will sentence the max for the charge that the DA can prove.
It is not right, but it is the best that we have been able to come up with after 4,000 years of civilization...
Old 09-25-2007, 03:22 PM   #14
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLETUS View Post
Remeber this point: It is harder to go after a hate crime or murder charge than it is for the crimes that the DA knows that he can convict on. Trails like this are based on a little justice since there just isn't enough to support greater charges. The best that one can hope for is a judge that will sentence the max for the charge that the DA can prove.
It is not right, but it is the best that we have been able to come up with after 4,000 years of civilization...
:/:
Old 09-25-2007, 03:27 PM   #15
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
can't wait for the regulars to scream "she's using the race card" on this one.
its hard not to scream race card on this.
sad world we live in where this happens.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:33 PM   #16
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

I am one that feels the race card gets pulled WAY too often, probably feel that way on 80-90% of the time it does, but I have to agree, its hard not to on this one. I also feel that attempted murder is drastic. While whatever sentence they get surely won't be harsh enough, nor long enough, it would be hard to prove attempted murder if they kept her alive that long. Stabbing in drastic, but the way it reads, they didn't go for arteries (sp?) and such, sounds like it was just more of a torture tactic like the other items listed. Sick sick people.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:33 PM   #17
andrave

its a different state, different crimes, different prosecutors, etc... I used to be a public defender in charleston, their prosecutors are small town town minded guys, they usually charge the least they can and try to be fair... for blacks and for whites. They wouldn't charge attempted murder for this case because it doesn't appear that the defendants attempted to murder anyone... and just because this is a worse crime than the jenna 6 bullshit appeared to have been doesn't mean they should trump up the charges as some sort of justice.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:05 PM   #18
Somebody1010
CCS EX #62

Bike(s):
04 Suzuki 600 (Track only) 04 Kawi KX 250

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Somebody1010 Send a message via Yahoo to Somebody1010
our legal system sucks , theres so much you can slip through the cracks for
Somebody1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 05:42 AM   #19
Gigolo Jason

Bike(s):
BMW R1200C

Was I the only one thinking of Deliverance when reading this?

Life imitating art?
Old 10-18-2007, 10:56 AM   #20
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

I don't know, but I think that 'hate crime' legislation is stupid.

Prosecute someone for the crimes that they've committed, there's no reason to try and guess what their motive was behind their crime and then try and punish them for that too.

Seems to me that all violent crimes are hate crimes to some extent.

Maybe if the punishments that were doled out for the laws that we already have on the books that would be sufficient.

What is the purpose for identifying 'hate crimes' and singling them out exactly?

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement