MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2007, 06:22 PM   #41
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

[QUOTE=RACER X;774642]you can now be ticketed for having a non DOT lid. taking the sticker was stupid.
QUOTE]

I suppose that only applies to those individuals required to be wearing a helmet.

Luckily, being over the age of 21 and taking a MSF course lets someone legally ride without!

(if they wanna)

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Houston: Dude wasted on live TV Bevo Off Topic 52 04-16-2015 10:11 PM
If you are wasted, do not walk near subway train tracks. Pyrofallout Off Topic 16 11-12-2009 09:33 PM
HAHA pumpkins got wasted! Lonestar Off Topic 26 11-01-2008 01:30 AM
Wasted tax dollars? Pyrofallout Off Topic 17 09-04-2008 01:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2007, 06:23 PM   #42
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

don;t know about dude's insurance status, but he hasn't taken MSF so that rules that exclusion out.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:26 PM   #43
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

^^ gotcha.

I had a trooper lay that line on me a few months ago. told me he could issue me a citation for not having the DOT sticker on the back of my helmet. I simply asked him if he would rather I just hang it off tail. seeing as i had my insurance card and msf card in my wallet. he didnt have too much to say about my helmet after that.

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:13 PM   #44
ls_dm
Still Goin...............

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
07 cbr600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
don;t know about dude's insurance status, but he hasn't taken MSF so that rules that exclusion out.
i have insurance with State Farm, As far as the DOT sticker goes mine was already half ripped off when i bought the helmet (RF 1000) so i just scraped the rest off. I find it funny though how every1 seems to think they know everything and talk down on others.......
ls_dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:32 PM   #45
HellFroze
WhoCalledThisMeeting?

Bike(s):
SOLD --> '02 R6

Last edited by HellFroze; 09-25-2007 at 08:35 PM.
HellFroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:57 PM   #46
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls_dm View Post
Shut ur fukin mouth, i dont believe that is appropriate at all
You know what, based on your original commentary it wasn't far off the mark.

Quote:
i have insurance with State Farm, As far as the DOT sticker goes mine was already half ripped off when i bought the helmet (RF 1000) so i just scraped the rest off. I find it funny though how every1 seems to think they know everything and talk down on others.......
How about you try to compare some experience?

You said daily driver, you took your test... I use myne as a daily driver too, I took the MSF and my test in 1985. Want to discuss experience, or what can happen? While we're at it, what's your deductable?

Donate blood, sperm bank donations... walk dogs or some other crud. Take the course, get more information/experience.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:01 PM   #47
ls_dm

Bike(s):
07 cbr600rr

I understand what can happen every1 know that motorcycles are dangerous its a risk u accept everytime u get on one, but just cuz u take a Theater class doesnt mean u can act, any1 can take a class but only riding will give you real experience, Im not sayin im a professional by any means, but how can every1 judge sum1 whom they have never met nor seen ride?
Old 09-25-2007, 09:04 PM   #48
ls_dm

Bike(s):
07 cbr600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
You know what, based on your original commentary it wasn't far off the mark.

How about you try to compare some experience?

You said daily driver, you took your test... I use myne as a daily driver too, I took the MSF and my test in 1985. Want to discuss experience, or what can happen? While we're at it, what's your deductable?

Donate blood, sperm bank donations... walk dogs or some other crud. Take the course, get more information/experience.
i work monday thru friday from 8 till 6 and saturday 12 to 6 and go to night school 3 days a week and saturday i have a class in the mourning from 8 till 11. I dont exactly have alot of Free time so its hard to take care of things u all may seem is easy
Old 09-25-2007, 09:23 PM   #49
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
I understand what can happen every1 know that motorcycles are dangerous its a risk u accept everytime u get on one, but just cuz u take a Theater class doesnt mean u can act, any1 can take a class but only riding will give you real experience, Im not sayin im a professional by any means, but how can every1 judge sum1 whom they have never met nor seen ride?
Bad example... take a sword fighting class, martial arts and you have more experience and knowledge someone that never has.

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...highlight=poll
Look at ^, then find and look at all the 'Rider Down' posts... You really have no idea or concept of how safe or dangerous it is... All your doing is parroting a phrase with no real comprehension.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:38 PM   #50
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

I don't have a class M. I also have 200,000 miles of street experience. I've wrecked once on an oil slicked turn, and once when forced off the road by another bike I was following a little closely, who stood it up in a turn. I could probably teach the MSF at this point.

I'd rather pay a once a decade ticket than with DPS. I got my class M in another state at age 19. Texas would not honor it when I moved back because I got my first license here in Texas at age 16. Some BS for sure, so I just choose not to play the game. I just pay the ticket and keep riding. FWIW, in the other state the riding portion was on a closed track, like an autocross where you had to ride slow, ride fast, negotiate cones, and start and stop repeatedly and quickly. If you couldn't handle a bike, you failed. None of this ride around the block BS.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:10 AM   #51
ls_dm

Bike(s):
07 cbr600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadman View Post
I don't have a class M. I also have 200,000 miles of street experience. I've wrecked once on an oil slicked turn, and once when forced off the road by another bike I was following a little closely, who stood it up in a turn. I could probably teach the MSF at this point.

I'd rather pay a once a decade ticket than with DPS. I got my class M in another state at age 19. Texas would not honor it when I moved back because I got my first license here in Texas at age 16. Some BS for sure, so I just choose not to play the game. I just pay the ticket and keep riding. FWIW, in the other state the riding portion was on a closed track, like an autocross where you had to ride slow, ride fast, negotiate cones, and start and stop repeatedly and quickly. If you couldn't handle a bike, you failed. None of this ride around the block BS.
That is true cuz the test they gave me was a horrible test to see how well i could ride, it literally took about 5 minutes no joke, Passing their inspection was more difficult then the actual test. Should it not be more about the riding and not petty paper work? I have had a license since i was 15 and i have never had any wrecks or tickets at that, I bought my bike in the begginning of June, and i have already put a little over 6K miles on it in about about 4 months, i dont just ride on the weekends, I ride everyday through traffic, rain or shine and have yet to have any close calls. Also this bike wasnt the first bike i sat on in my life, i have had dirtbikes all my life and have been riding sport bikes since i was 17 so again you all make it seem like i just hopped on a bike and went down the street tryin to top it out. Again I am no where near a professional rider but i am very cautious so until any1 here actually rides with me dont sit there and say im gonna wreck cuz i didnt take a class, Fair Enough?
Old 09-26-2007, 07:41 AM   #52
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
some of us do know everything.......

to ride w/o a lid requires med. ins. $10k+, nothing to do w/ bike ins.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:25 AM   #53
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

Quote:
I Just got back and they werent gonna test me cuz i took off the DOT sticker on the back of my helmet, but one lady gave me the ok cuz it said it was SNELL approved. Anyways I passed and this is done with finally!

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:26 AM   #54
ls_dm

Bike(s):
07 cbr600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
some of us do know everything.......

to ride w/o a lid requires med. ins. $10k+, nothing to do w/ bike ins.
Well i dont ride without a helmet cuz the wind resistence alone makes it unpleasant to ride, same goes with my jacket, i always wear it no matter where im goin even if its a 2 minute cruise to the gas station
Old 09-26-2007, 10:24 AM   #55
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

LS_dm, if you can't afford the MSF, at least get with someone that has been riding awhile and did take the course and go over the basics. You never stop learning, regardless of age or miles on the bike.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:34 PM   #56
ANTISOCIAL

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
msf ???

Last edited by ANTISOCIAL; 09-26-2007 at 06:36 PM. Reason: new message
ANTISOCIAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:09 PM   #57
ls_dm

Bike(s):
07 cbr600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Yes, please don't drive.
you don't DRIVE a bike you ride it FOOL !!

Advertisement