Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2007, 10:31 AM   #21
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
The commentator made a fool out of him. I don't think that Ahmadinejad's speech helped him at all. If a foreign diplomat is going to speak in another country, who's culture is totally different from their own, they might want to watch what they say.

Yeah, I don't think he gained any support whatsoever.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ahmadinejad Pure EVIL!!! Petro Off Topic 9 10-03-2012 08:26 AM
Texas drought exposes debris from shuttle Columbia JGrein05 Off Topic 1 08-03-2011 10:46 AM
So im in Columbia, South Carolina R6Spartan Off Topic 20 01-15-2008 02:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2007, 10:34 AM   #22
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

So nobody remembers that Iran held US Marines captive for 440 days against there will and the will of the U.S.?

This certainly explains why we are allowing world tyrants to make speeches at our universities.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:40 AM   #23
jus10

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
I do have a problem with the west (or specifically us) invading sovereign nations because they don't believe the way we do.

Never been a fan of "conform or be destroyed:. Didn't like it from a catholic/religious point of view, and I don't like it as our policy.
Since when is that our policy? Are we invading countries because they don't share the same views and beliefs? Are we chanting death to the infidels?(that was probably a bit much, but I had to.)

We invade to protect our interests...and yes oil is a big interest of ours. Without the same supply we are accustomed to receiving, our economy would fall flat on it's face. Crash, people...crash.

Conform or be destroyed is a little far.... we are however a huge policing factor in the world and may or may not (ab)use that power, I don't think we are as much of a global dictator as you're making it seem.
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:45 AM   #24
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
So nobody remembers that Iran held US Marines captive for 440 days against there will and the will of the U.S.?

This certainly explains why we are allowing world tyrants to make speeches at our universities.
Do you recall many of the hostages claiming Ahmadinejad was one of the main captors? They would probably know best, seeing as how they were around him for over a year straight. Heard and saw him speak everyday...I'd think you'd be able to recognize someone after that much. But I wasn't there... so best I can do is "Fox news" it and make up a good story. (too far?)
Old 09-25-2007, 10:45 AM   #25
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post

I haven't forgotten. I saw that stuff on the news daily as a little kid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_hostage_crisis

Note: the picture caption alleges one of the guys to be Ahmadinejad.

Ahmadinejad alleged
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil

Last edited by ArturoC; 09-25-2007 at 10:48 AM.
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:46 AM   #26
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
We all know NOW what Hitler did. Let's face it, there are a lot of chit-talkers in the world and even here at home. It's bad enough that we have become the world police, do we really need to expand that to becoming the worlds 'thought police'?
good point
Old 09-25-2007, 01:21 PM   #27
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

If you are a leader of a forgein country and you speak ill of another country, call them war mongers and insult their leaders in press conferences and to other leaders, then you should know the answer on a visa application when you apply to enter that country.
We take the high road and let him in. We allow the development of nuclear fission centrifuges and allow their government to support Shitte interested in Iraq at the cost of US lives.

IMHO, he should not be let into the US, epecially to speak to the UN or at one of our centers for higher education. But, I guess US forgien interests are greater than an individual's thoughts on right or wrong, moral or immoral. After all, I guess we do need the oil and he won't rule forever. I wonder how Hillary is going to handle this issue when she is running things?
Old 09-25-2007, 02:18 PM   #28
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Yep, everything is backwards. We are in a war on terror yet a known terrorist supporter is in our country making speeches? I hope I am not the only one who sees this as Ironic...

So either there is no war on terror or Iran is not a harbor for terrorist groups?

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement