MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2007, 02:59 PM   #41
righteous
The Outlaw Star

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline View Post
Tell me what proof you have that religion is made up?

Yes, physically that is what happens physically to our bodies.

The "bible thumpers" like to get 's word across just like you are trying to get the complete opposite. Just because you (as well as a few others) do not believe that there is a higher being/deity/etc doesn't mean that you are correct. Yes, there is no physical evidence that does in fact exist but you cannot prove to me that he does not. Now, I am not trying to push my views on you, but you sounded like a complete in the way you wrote it. I don't care to try and make you have faith in anything greater than what is physically in front of your face. You probably don't have faith in people. But there is no reason for you to put us all into one category, "bible thumpers", or those "dumb religious folks". You mean the Witnesses/Mormons/Christians/etc. going door to door to discusss their faith with you? Just like you discussed your lack of faith? And who is using to start war? You mean Extremist who follow the word of Mohammad? Who follows the word of Allah()? It's all about politics, money, and power. Religion is just an excuse.

+1
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I would have sued too... flip326 Off Topic 5 10-05-2012 01:45 PM
OOOH MY ! PLEASE BUDDAH!! PLEASE !!... Azylum Off Topic 11 04-04-2012 04:24 PM
YOU HAVE BEEN SUED. tonyt915 Off Topic 22 10-22-2010 06:40 PM
I am being sued witchdoctor575 Off Topic 64 03-06-2009 12:30 PM
Being Sued... Legal advice? Robert95z Off Topic 92 09-30-2008 01:29 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2007, 04:43 AM   #42
dirtyrice411
Staying Stoned

Bike(s):
03 R1 Limited Edition.

Send a message via AIM to dirtyrice411
Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
That is how I view the book as well, but not so much as history as a history from the writers point of view.

Biggest issue I have is all the mutations and "interpretations" of the "Bible" that have come down thru the years. I would like to go back in time, and read the original text as it was written. I imagine that many parts have completely different contexts than what we have today.

The other issue I have, is the power that any belief has, whether religous based or not. Entire civilations have been erased from the world, just based on their beliefs. That simple fact tells me that total, blind faith in anything can be more evil than no faith at all.
You should look up the lost book of soloman. Jesus quoted it many times in the bible that we read now, but where is that text these days? or look up how the transcripters/rabbi's would answer the questions of the bible and "fill in the missing parts". This is how the story of Lillith came about. she was mentioned one other time so they would just link it together. They would have meetings and discuss it, and then make revisions when in agreeance. I wish I knew what the real deal was about back then so that way I could shut up alot of todays political bs. I can't go one day watching the news and see something not dealing with religion. because all politics are connected with religion.

and yes 100% blind faith in anything can be more evil than no faith at all. I live my life by the saying that bruce lee lived his life. "Make no way your way, Make no limitation your limitation" always evolve, always adapt, change with everything. dont let anything come in your way, not even yourself.
dirtyrice411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:46 AM   #43
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
That is how I view the book as well, but not so much as history as a history from the writers point of view.

Biggest issue I have is all the mutations and "interpretations" of the "Bible" that have come down thru the years. I would like to go back in time, and read the original text as it was written. I imagine that many parts have completely different contexts than what we have today.

The other issue I have, is the power that any belief has, whether religous based or not. Entire civilations have been erased from the world, just based on their beliefs. That simple fact tells me that total, blind faith in anything can be more evil than no faith at all.

That is what I have discussed with a good friend of mine, I wish we still have everything in original text and that we were able to interpret it ourselves or have original text as well as the interpretations (we read now).
Old 09-24-2007, 05:42 PM   #44
dirtyrice411
Staying Stoned

Bike(s):
03 R1 Limited Edition.

Quote:

That is what I have discussed with a good friend of mine, I wish we still have everything in original text and that we were able to interpret it ourselves or have original text as well as the interpretations (we read now).

If that were the case I might actually be religious. but too bad society has ****ed it up over many of years. now yall are all stuck with like me!
Old 09-24-2007, 05:47 PM   #45
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyrice411 View Post
If that were the case I might actually be religious. but too bad society has ****ed it up over many of years. now yall are all stuck with like me!
NO !!! hahaa Fawk-ing ash-hole!

But on a serious note, I may not believe everything that was written in the bible but can only carry faith in it. I do however believe there is a .
Old 09-24-2007, 06:48 PM   #46
dirtyrice411
Staying Stoned

Bike(s):
03 R1 Limited Edition.

Quote:
NO !!! hahaa Fawk-ing ash-hole!

But on a serious note, I may not believe everything that was written in the bible but can only carry faith in it. I do however believe there is a .
I respect that view and don't knock you for saying it, I don't think your a bible thumper, I can introduce you to some if you want. they are the ones that say religious things all the time. like a vally girl says "like" and pushes it down your throat. the great thing about being non religious, for me is that i can understand that religion can be a good thing, and Im glad you have faith and are willing to stand up for that. that tells me alot as to who you are. just promise me you won't become one of those bible thumpers. I speak my voice so that way the info is out there. All I ask is for people to question everything and not to comform just cause others have and do. this goes for more than just religion. if you notice i like to post on the political threads too. the less we get herded in any direction by any group the more free thought this world will have. and at a time like now with war and what not it couldn't hurt.

P.S. your one of the only people on this board that is willing to give me a good fight on a debate. kudo's to you. hope we can do it again sometime. maybe next time you won't get so personal and hurt though....hahahhahahahahha J/K
Old 09-26-2007, 08:40 PM   #47
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:

+1 people have been twisting the bible pursuing their own agenda

remember that religion in those times was to control ppl based on fear

now is a huge bussiness that still control ppl, i pray in my own home, my own way

and yes religion can be so evil if is managed by the wrong person, now

how many wrong persons are history? all middle east liders

inquisition? uh and the new fashion childs molesters

{disclaimer} pester is not that kind of molester {/disclaimer}

now seriously again, religion can be a very scary thing. and every day gets worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement