MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2007, 05:19 PM   #241
MadseasoN
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 77002
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,603

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA View Post
In the name of accuracy, they did not use deadly force...second, the beating was not in direct response to the noose incident. It may have however been an indirect result in that racial tensions had built significantly immediately succeeding the event. This incident was proceeded by other events...
Kicking someone in the head is deadly force - especially if they're on the ground and unconscience.

If the beating was a result of racial tensions that had built up then the beating was racially motivated and they should be charged with a hate crime along with their assault and battery charges.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jena 6 donations..... AWD Off Topic 17 09-28-2007 06:54 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2007, 06:12 PM   #242
Crystalline
Can't ride now...
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9,376

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1











Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
Kicking someone in the head is deadly force - especially if they're on the ground and unconscience.

If the beating was a result of racial tensions that had built up then the beating was racially motivated and they should be charged with a hate crime along with their assault and battery charges.
So why wasn't anyone else charged? Why is it that only they were the only ones commiting the "hate crime"?
__________________
sunshine
Crystalline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:14 PM   #243
MadseasoN
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 77002
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,603

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline View Post
So why wasn't anyone else charged? Why is it that only they were the only ones commiting the "hate crime"?
If the noose hanging in the tree was the result of racial tensions between students at that school, then charges should've been filed. The argument for the charges could be that it was meant to intimidate or harass (I think this falls under the hate crime law).

Quite honestly, I think they'd have a hard time prosecuting that one though since there is no evidence that it was directed at any one person or group (although we all know what they meant by it).

Again, these are my opinions. I don't work for the DA's office so I obviously don't know what their reasons are.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:02 PM   #244
louisiana954
Senior Member
 
louisiana954's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 1960 area
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 291

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07 Kawi ZX14









Exclamation jena six

Okay....giving the circumstances of the prior bad act i understand the three stike rule...but what about whe nthe white kid pull the shot gun out on two black kids and they wrestle it from him and reported it to the police and they got arrested for stolen property....I lived in louisiana all my life and this is a everyday occurence especially around that area where racism is very very big.... i have been called a ni**a just because i played football at a majority white school...i had eightballs through threw my bus window.....I dont by any mean condone violence of any kind....but i expect and demand that everybody no matter what color of your skin is be treated the same across the board...i dont expect handouts because im black nor to i expect to be treated like im an animal either
louisiana954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:04 PM   #245
louisiana954
Senior Member
 
louisiana954's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 1960 area
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 291

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07 Kawi ZX14









those noose where in direct action from the black kids sitting under the tree...so if that not hate crimes i dont know what is....these kids are being persecuted for a school yard fight....
louisiana954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:09 AM   #246
Crystalline
Can't ride now...
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9,376

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1











Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisiana954 View Post
those noose where in direct action from the black kids sitting under the tree...so if that not hate crimes i dont know what is....these kids are being persecuted for a school yard fight....
Yea and it's sad that people don't see it that way. It's all about, "those little 's get what they deserve, bla bla bla..."
__________________
sunshine
Crystalline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:26 AM   #247
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
Kicking someone in the head is deadly force - especially if they're on the ground and unconscience.
Wrong!

Deadly force is, by definition, a "force that is intended to cause or that carries a substantial risk of causing death or serious bodily injury". You would have to be able to prove that such force has more often than not caused death and or serious injury and then you would have to be able to apply that definition to what actually occurred here, however, seeing as the young man was neither "seriously" injured nor was ever in danger of death, you'd have a serious mountain to climb...

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
If the beating was a result of racial tensions that had built up then the beating was racially motivated and they should be charged with a hate crime along with their assault and battery charges.
Again, it's not what you think, it's what you can prove and you would have to prove that this was not an isolated incident independent of any any racial tentions. Sure it is probably assumed that is the case (this conflict being a result of the racial tentions) but you cannot tangibly verify or validate that with the given evidence. Try again...
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff

Last edited by CaJuNsOuLjA; 09-25-2007 at 09:28 AM.
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:37 AM   #248
MadseasoN
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 77002
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,603

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by louisiana954 View Post
those noose where in direct action from the black kids sitting under the tree...so if that not hate crimes i dont know what is....these kids are being persecuted for a school yard fight....
I think they're all to blame. Racial tensions were high at this school. The black kids knew that the white kids hung out under this godd##m tree. They knew it would cause trouble if they went over there but they did it anyway. The white kids fueled the fire by hanging nooses in the tree. There were other events between the assault but it was the end result.

At any rate, six against one isn't just a schoolyard fight.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:38 AM   #249
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes
 
lilmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 28,009

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA View Post
Wrong!

Deadly force is, by definition, a "force that is intended to cause or that carries a substantial risk of causing death or serious bodily injury". You would have to be able to prove that such force has more often than not caused death and or serious injury and then you would have to be able to apply that definition to what actually occurred here, however, seeing as the young man was neither "seriously" injured nor was ever in danger of death, you'd have a serious mountain to climb...
so how is a kick in the head not intended for serious bodily injury?


**** man you know how easy it is to kill some one but blunt force to a head.

Trust me, its amazingly easy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
man [mckee] does not exist


where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:47 AM   #250
MadseasoN
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 77002
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,603

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA View Post
Wrong!

Deadly force is, by definition, a "force that is intended to cause or that carries a substantial risk of causing death or serious bodily injury". You would have to be able to prove that such force has more often than not caused death and or serious injury and then you would have to be able to apply that definition to what actually occurred here, however, seeing as the young man was neither "seriously" injured nor was ever in danger of death, you'd have a serious mountain to climb...
Kicking in the head fits the description of deadly force. The fact that he actually wasn't killed or seriously injured doesn't change this.

That's like saying that a person can't be charged with 'Assault with a deadly weapon' if they didn't actually kill someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA
Again, it's not what you think, it's what you can prove and you would have to prove that this was not an isolated incident independent of any any racial tentions. Sure it is probably assumed that is the case (this conflict being a result of the racial tentions) but you cannot tangibly verify or validate that with the given evidence. Try again...
Actually my opinion is what I think.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:48 AM   #251
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmckee View Post
so how is a kick in the head not intended for serious bodily injury?


**** man you know how easy it is to kill some one but blunt force to a head.

Trust me, its amazingly easy.
Which is why you would have to apply it to this particular case. It is relatively easy to cause serious injury or death by kicking to the chest area as well, but I doubt it'll be recognized deadly force. Can you apply deadly force given the circumstances of this particular case. VERY...interested in your argument!
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:51 AM   #252
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish
 
Candy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: H-Town
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,209

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750



Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post

That's like saying that a person can't be charged with 'Assault with a deadly weapon' if they didn't actually kill someone.
This happened to me, but I actually assaulted them with a deadly weapon. Unless ur a professional boxer or UFC fighter, fists & feet are not deadly weapons imo.
__________________
Bringing Color To A Face Near You
Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:56 AM   #253
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
Kicking in the head fits the description of deadly force. The fact that he actually wasn't killed or seriously injured doesn't change this.
Were that the case, then people would be charged with deadly force for using fists. THAT, however, isn't the case, hence, we usually see charges such as Assault and Battery, Aggravated Assault, etc...keep trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
That's like saying that a person can't be charged with 'Assault with a deadly weapon' if they didn't actually kill someone.
LMAO, no that's apples and oranges. Assault with a deadly weapon is usually associated with the use of items which are generally recognized as having the capability to maim or cause serious damage, you know like bats, pipes, knife's. Try again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
Actually my opinion is what I think.
And you're entitled to your opinion but obviously I was speaking in terms of making a valid argument in the court of law...you'd have failed to do so, but DO keep presenting your opinion, it's funny...
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:57 AM   #254
MadseasoN
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 77002
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,603

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR View Post
This happened to me, but I actually assaulted them with a deadly weapon. Unless ur a professional boxer or UFC fighter, fists & feet are not deadly weapons imo.
Dang! I ain't messin' with you no more.


I'm not saying that fists & feet are deadly weapons. I'm saying that kicking someone in the head is deadly force.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:57 AM   #255
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes
 
lilmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 28,009

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA View Post
Which is why you would have to apply it to this particular case. It is relatively easy to cause serious injury or death by kicking to the chest area as well, but I doubt it'll be recognized deadly force. Can you apply deadly force given the circumstances of this particular case. VERY...interested in your argument!
From my knowledge of the case(s) here's how it plays out in my mind.

The people(s) involved with noose hanging should be on trial for 'misdemeanor' hate crime, and if they don't have that law, then 'inciting a riot' charge.

Each of the suspects that were involved the incident of beating the "victim"
Should be charged with:
A.assault and the one suspect with the kick to the head attempted murder
B.If they don't know which suspect did the kick to the head, all should be charged with a higher degree of assault.



quick side note: The city does seem a bit behind the times in race standards.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
man [mckee] does not exist


where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:57 AM   #256
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish
 
Candy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: H-Town
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,209

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750



Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR View Post
This happened to me, but I actually assaulted them with a deadly weapon. Unless ur a professional boxer or UFC fighter, fists & feet are not deadly weapons imo.
Soulja me and u agree yet again
__________________
Bringing Color To A Face Near You
Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:59 AM   #257
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes
 
lilmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 28,009

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
Dang! I ain't messin' with you no more.


I'm not saying that fists & feet are deadly weapons. I'm saying that kicking someone in the head is deadly force.
agreed
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
man [mckee] does not exist


where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:59 AM   #258
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish
 
Candy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: H-Town
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,209

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750



Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
Dang! I ain't messin' with you no more.


I'm not saying that fists & feet are deadly weapons. I'm saying that kicking someone in the head is deadly force.
Told u I have history!!

Well now that McKee has hipped me to the fact that a kick in the head will do the same, i won't bother looking for a deadly weapon again
__________________
Bringing Color To A Face Near You
Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:02 AM   #259
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish
 
Candy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: H-Town
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,209

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750



Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmckee View Post
agreed
I think the whole word and ideal of INTENT is where I stop agree'ing on this one though
__________________
Bringing Color To A Face Near You
Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:06 AM   #260
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes
 
lilmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 28,009

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR View Post
I think the whole word and ideal of INTENT is where I stop agree'ing on this one though
which way?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
man [mckee] does not exist


where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy