Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2007, 04:20 PM   #201
Crystalline
Can't ride now...
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9,376

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1











Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Here is a good link. I pulled it of the petition website... LOOK! It has sources!!!
http://colorofchange.org/jena/message.html
__________________
sunshine
Crystalline is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jena 6 donations..... AWD Off Topic 17 09-28-2007 06:54 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2007, 04:22 PM   #202
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Two of the 6 involved...were part of the threesome involved at the "gotta-go grocery" incident.

The one sentenced so far (Bell) had prior conviction for assualt prior to this and have comitted 3 more crimes while on probation for the assualt a year ago... in short, make the Jena assualt his 5th conviction for violent crime.
Regardless, such history in conglomeration with the merits of the case in question do not warrant an attempted murder case...simply another assault case....
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:23 PM   #203
Crystalline
Can't ride now...
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9,376

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1











Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/070307B.shtml
__________________
sunshine
Crystalline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:24 PM   #204
Crystalline
Can't ride now...
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9,376

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1











Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
http://halfricanrevolution.blogspot....a-six-now.html


Read this!!!
__________________
sunshine
Crystalline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:24 PM   #205
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Both from Reuters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
Cool - I'd like to see some credible sources, but so far the other sources linked to in this thread are not quite mainsteam media or unbiased.
Here's a more mainstream source for you: Link 1 Link 2
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:27 PM   #206
Crystalline
Can't ride now...
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9,376

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1











Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...04/cnr.02.html
__________________
sunshine
Crystalline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:29 PM   #207
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






A lil CNN coverage...

Link

aight folks, I'm out...catch yall Monday...dOOse
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 05:01 PM   #208
Moody
Holy Smokes!
 
Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,685


Bike(s):
281









Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA View Post
Regardless, such history in conglomeration with the merits of the case in question do not warrant an attempted murder case...simply another assault case....
I don't know... As a repeat offender they are going to hit you hard. The problem these kids are facing is that there was 6 of them. Possibly constituting a gang. Especially with repeat violent offenses. Second, being that there was 6 of them eludes to conspiracy to commit the act because they had to organize. So, that raises the bar to possibly a capitol crime. These things are probably why Mr. Innocent is sitting in jail and why all these other idiots are wasting their time protesting.
__________________

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 05:35 PM   #209
GreyF2
Member
 
GreyF2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 63












Al Sharpton is a jk

But five wht kids jumped one blck male in a McDonalds because he was with a caucasion female and not one of them were penalized for it.
GreyF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 04:09 PM   #210
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






http://www.thejenatimes.net/home_pag...hics/home.html

scroll down to the chronological part.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 04:14 PM   #211
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin
 
Gixxer Geezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,618

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyF2 View Post
But five wht kids jumped one blck male in a McDonalds because he was with a caucasion female and not one of them were penalized for it.

they should have been tasered !
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:11 PM   #212
paniro187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,478












Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick H.I.C. View Post
Nooses definitlty WRONG.
Six on one beating, punk thug gangy wanna be, WRONG.
Hope they all get what's coming to them. Both sides.
As for the same ol' proffessional whiny bags. Get a life. Still pulling the race cards to get out of trouble and get free hand outs. shameshameshame
typica right wing rant. Blah blah blah looking for free hand outs........blah blah pull the race card...........blah blah stay the course in iraq........blah blah emboldening the enemy....blah blah oj is guilty.........blah blah
__________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.-H. L. Mencken

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:22 PM   #213
paniro187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,478












Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
http://www.thejenatimes.net/home_pag...hics/home.html

scroll down to the chronological part.
august 30th 2006 the last comment made was pure speculation nad not fact.

august 31 2006: committee ruled htat the nooses had no racial motivation??? come now.

aww I've lost motivation to keep going time to hit the bar.
__________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.-H. L. Mencken

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 08:18 PM   #214
Crystalline
Can't ride now...
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9,376

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1











Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
august 30th 2006 the last comment made was pure speculation nad not fact.
august 31 2006: committee ruled htat the nooses had no racial motivation??? come now.
aww I've lost motivation to keep going time to hit the bar.
No ..... After being with my nieces all day... A nice cold beer is the good way to end the day...


And yes.... very right wing... hahaha!!!
__________________
sunshine
Crystalline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 08:18 PM   #215
Crystalline
Can't ride now...
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9,376

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1











Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer Geezer View Post
they should have been tasered !
__________________
sunshine
Crystalline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 08:31 PM   #216
paniro187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,478












Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyF2 View Post
But five wht kids jumped one blck male in a McDonalds because he was with a caucasion female and not one of them were penalized for it.
link
__________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.-H. L. Mencken

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 02:29 PM   #217
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,236

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





Link would be good to the McD's story. I was just going to ask what Sharptons and Jacksons views might be if the colors had been reversed, would they be hollering for the 6 white guys to not be prosecuted on the basis of race? You would think that maybe we as a people would see those nooses and think "real swift, what a bunch of retentive inbreds".

How, you ask, did they even know about the noose's significance? From stories told to them by their parents maybe, who continue to keep the dream burning?

But no, they had to go on their own personal crusade and "gang" up on a single person to vent their anger and personal affront.

From my 40+ years of experience on the entire race thing, it seems to be self propagating from those people of the Sharpton and Jackson ilk. Why can't we all just get along and move on? Because someone is always jumping up and reminding us of the race issues.

Study a little history on how the Chinese, Irish, Indians and blacks were treated. All were basically sold into slavery or prostitution by their own people. If your own people threw you to the wolves, how do you expect someone else to look upon you?

It has been changing over the years, for the better. But every time life and race relations seem to be getting better, one of our crusaders has to stir the pot and revive all the hate and pain.
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 02:37 PM   #218
GreyF2
Member
 
GreyF2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 63












mcdonalds assault

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ny...,4514890.story
GreyF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:43 AM   #219
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
I don't know... As a repeat offender they are going to hit you hard. The problem these kids are facing is that there was 6 of them. Possibly constituting a gang. Especially with repeat violent offenses. Second, being that there was 6 of them eludes to conspiracy to commit the act because they had to organize. So, that raises the bar to possibly a capitol crime. These things are probably why Mr. Innocent is sitting in jail and why all these other idiots are wasting their time protesting.
I disagree to an extent. I'm thinkin that that which you are suggesting lacks precedent. Besides,simply being a repeat offender does not warrant automatic elevation of the charges, there are certain justifications necessary to be made. A repeat offense, given the merits of this particular case, would only warrant the elevation of the charges within the same tier of crime- NOT an elevation in tier quid pro quo a legitimate elevation in charges with considerations given to past offenses: assault and battery to aggravated assault, illegitimate elevation of charges with considerations given to past offenses: assault and battery to attempted murder.

Let's think about it, a charge of assault and battery in and of itself covers when an individual one person "1) tries to or does physically strike another, or 2) acts in a threatening manner to put another in fear of immediate harm" while aggravated assault/battery refers to an instance where "1) tries to or does cause severe injury to another, or 2) causes injury through use of a deadly weapon". There is still an issue/question of the severity of the victims' injuries, so a prosecutor would already be hard pressed to justify "aggravated" assault- absent the perpetrator's prior charges- so imagine the prospects of an attempted murder charge, again, prior charges withstanding. I would venture to guess that the merits of this particular case given the victim was treated and released from care within a three hour period and that he was able to attend a later function in and of itself warrants the lesser of that class/tier of crime and an assault and battery charge would suffice, because I have a hard time believing that a hospital would not keep you over night for observation, but rather, release you within such a short amount of time IF your injuries weren't relatively minor. Our suspect however, does have a prior arrest record, which just so happens to involve the same type of crime-assault/battery, it is expected that the prosecution would look to elevate the charges to a level coherent with the facts related to this case. In my mind, based on those items mentioned above would entail an aggravated assault charge. An attempted murder charge would need to justified by the prosecutions ability to prove that our suspect had the intent to kill; both the means by which the suspect perpetrated the act AND the victims injuries sustained in the act, would need to be consistent with the aforementioned charge- you cannot simply change the tier/class of a crime on the basis of the suspect being a repeat offender.

There is simply no justification for an attempted murder charge. THIS is what the issue is, race should have nothing to do with it. Think about the merits of the case.

p.s.
Sorry for the book, but those that know me know I like to be thorough...
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:42 AM   #220
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Link would be good to the McD's story. I was just going to ask what Sharptons and Jacksons views might be if the colors had been reversed, would they be hollering for the 6 white guys to not be prosecuted on the basis of race? You would think that maybe we as a people would see those nooses and think "real swift, what a bunch of retentive inbreds".

How, you ask, did they even know about the noose's significance? From stories told to them by their parents maybe, who continue to keep the dream burning?

But no, they had to go on their own personal crusade and "gang" up on a single person to vent their anger and personal affront.

From my 40+ years of experience on the entire race thing, it seems to be self propagating from those people of the Sharpton and Jackson ilk. Why can't we all just get along and move on? Because someone is always jumping up and reminding us of the race issues.

Study a little history on how the Chinese, Irish, Indians and blacks were treated. All were basically sold into slavery or prostitution by their own people. If your own people threw you to the wolves, how do you expect someone else to look upon you?

It has been changing over the years, for the better. But every time life and race relations seem to be getting better, one of our crusaders has to stir the pot and revive all the hate and pain.
Frankly, this post me off...I'll break down exactly why in just a second, but to be clear you are just as bad as the idiots perpetuating the race issue in this case. Your post emanates a naiveté reminiscent of the 60's in that you write off virulent happenings as simple occurrence, particularly when you suggest that since blacks were discarded by our "own people", how else were we to be treated? Well seeing as slavery/indentured servitude in Africa and other nations in the region differed heavily to how the slaves in the North Americas were treated. That aside, usually those sold into slavery were captives of war so it is not as if they were discarding their people...they were profiting from successful campaigns against other tribes. The Romans sold the Germanic's and other Caucasian groups into slavery...is that to say that they were worthy of such an end. Does it justify or provide comfort to someone of German or other relative ancestry, that "hey, your men were sold as dogs and treated even worse and fed less, your women were sold and treated as whores, but it was perpetrated by other Caucasian groups so it was essentially 'ok'"? Doubtful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
How, you ask, did they even know about the noose's significance? From stories told to them by their parents maybe, who continue to keep the dream burning?
This is complete and utter bOolshyt. Are you seriously suggesting that we as blacks should forget about the nooses' significance? Are you suggesting that we are making a bigger deal of the nooses than is necessary? Seeing as there was a history of nooses so ingrained in the mind of any black man walking in America today, I'm talking over 300 years worth, I highly doubt it will be quickly forgotten. I mean for the first 200 hundred years, we were hung because for pursuing something that has now essentially been deemed the most basic of all human rights, freedom. Within the last century, "the noose" was used to lynch and intimidate free blacks for nothing more than the fact that their skin was a shade or two darker than their persecutors. No sir, the idea behind the noose will not quickly be forgotten nor will is it to "keep a dream burning" as you so eloquently put it, it is more to be sure that history never repeats itself. To forget is not only a disservice to those poor souls who experienced it, it is a means of the pages of history to be revisited.

Sure Jackson and Sharpton are seemingly doing it more for attention than because it is right. This however does not take away from the legitimacy of the issue. To submit either Jackson or Sharpton as evidence to the illegitimacy of any case concerning true race issues is equitable to using an unrepentant sinner as evidence to the illegitimacy/deficiency of Christianity and for those that are not Christian, basically, to use them against the evidence surrounding any race related case is an ad hominem argument and is therefore invalid.
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy