MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2007, 07:42 AM   #1
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

autin peeps: dealer warning WOODS

WOODS FUN CENTER Thieves+++++++++++++

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-419934464@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-09-11, 4:19PM CDT

I owned a 2003 CBR 600rr up until 2 months ago when it was stolen. 2 weeks before it was stolen I took it to WOODS FUN CENTER to get it RE KEYED. They made me new keys and someone at WOODS made a key for themselves as well. Then a member of WOODS Fun CENTER (ALEX) I won't mention his last name, looked up my adress in the computer came to my apartment and used the key he made to steal my bike. I wouldn't of even known what happened if his stupid hadn't ran from the cops on my bike and as he ditched my bike, dropped his wallet as Well. Now when they went to his house in his garage the Detective (who recovered my bike) told me " We found more than 10 bikes all stripped". Now I'm just wondering if anyone else had keys made at WOODS and there bike came up missing. And when I went up there to speak to a manager , they blew me off and said they could " get me a deal on a new bike" thats it. So If you value your motorcycle Stay AWAY FROM WOODS FUN CENTER. **** WOODS
Sincerely ,
A guy who will never shop at woods again

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 419934464

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2007 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

http://forums.austin.craigslist.org/?forumID=1947

Scroll down for more information.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tiger Woods Grinchy Off Topic 3 12-22-2009 06:19 PM
Warning! Big Pix From The CMRA Races At MSRC! Warning! Racer997 Taking it to the Track 16 09-09-2009 05:17 AM
An atheist in the woods urbanXJ Off Topic 21 07-08-2009 01:37 AM
little run through the woods TREE Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 22 03-21-2009 02:36 PM
Crash in the woods... Steve O Chap Off Topic 6 06-28-2006 12:40 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2007, 08:12 AM   #2
logan5

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

reminds me of a news report back home about 15 years ago. Some guy broke into a house, and in the act tried on some pants that were in the closet, found one that he like and left with all the other stuff he stole .... leaving behind his old pants AND his wallet...

I hate theives in general ... but I like them better when they're stupid.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:21 AM   #3
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

Trackdays: 10+

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Yep,
that could happen anywhere you take your car/bike to though.
In fact, I bet it happens alot more than we know.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:25 AM   #4
rubber2burn

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Hayabusa

Send a message via Yahoo to rubber2burn
I work at Woods Guys and I want to say that this happened over 8 months ago and the guy Alex who was doing this is now in Jail serving 8 years with no parole. I would also like to add that the guy who wrote this article was in our dealership this past saturday and purchased a bike from Woods. Also it was not Woods fault for all this happening and they did not know this guy Alex was a theif. But as for the Ahole who wrote this article I think it is funny that he said he would never shop there again but he just bought a bike from us Saturday.
rubber2burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:35 AM   #5
level5
moving chicane

Maybe Woods' owner give him a free bike to shut him up? After all it is proved that it was Woods' employee that does the stealing, even though they had no part in it or can't be control. Just damage control on Woods' part.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:36 AM   #6
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber2burn View Post
I work at Woods Guys and I want to say that this happened over 8 months ago and the guy Alex who was doing this is now in Jail serving 8 years with no parole. I would also like to add that the guy who wrote this article was in our dealership this past saturday and purchased a bike from Woods. Also it was not Woods fault for all this happening and they did not know this guy Alex was a theif. But as for the Ahole who wrote this article I think it is funny that he said he would never shop there again but he just bought a bike from us Saturday.
i don't believe you... you want to know why, it's because you ride a busa... we all know busa guys can't be trusted ok, doesn't make much sense but oh well... thanks for clearing that up
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:42 AM   #7
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Busa riders are known bad guys, never trust them..
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:58 AM   #8
Gigolo Jason

Bike(s):
BMW R1200C

Quote:
This story is dated 9/11/07.

Coming on here and claiming that the Ahole who wrote this just bought a new bike from you on Saturday does not do anything for you. Do you call all your customers Aholes? Do you give them all a "special deal" like the one posted above?

Great way to promote your business there.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:32 AM   #9
rubber2burn

Bike(s):
Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigolo Jason View Post
This story is dated 9/11/07.

Coming on here and claiming that the Ahole who wrote this just bought a new bike from you on Saturday does not do anything for you. Do you call all your customers Aholes? Do you give them all a "special deal" like the one posted above?

Great way to promote your business there.

No we don't call OUR customers Aholes but when the guys writes an article like he did then comes BACK to the Dealership that he said he would never shop at again after doing this an expect Woods to give him a deal come on what would you call him. Yes I see the article was written on 9/11/07 but this happened over 8 months ago trust me I was there when Austin PD put Alex AKA Theif on the Ground out side the Dealership in fact I had front row seats and was happy a bike theif was going to the pokey for a long time. But again if some wrote an article about your buiness slamming you then came back an expected you to give him a deal come on tell me you would not call him an Ahole if you say you would not then I am calling you a liar.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:36 AM   #10
ysr612

Bike(s):
Transalp, DRZ, Hurricane

Quote:
No we don't call OUR customers Aholes but when the guys writes an article like he did then comes BACK to the Dealership that he said he would never shop at again after doing this an expect Woods to give him a deal come on what would you call him. Yes I see the article was written on 9/11/07 but this happened over 8 months ago trust me I was there when Austin PD put Alex AKA Theif on the Ground out side the Dealership in fact I had front row seats and was happy a bike theif was going to the pokey for a long time. But again if some wrote an article about your buiness slamming you then came back an expected you to give him a deal come on tell me you would not call him an Ahole if you say you would not then I am calling you a liar.
well stated an Ahole is someone that brings up old stuff that a dealership tried hard to make right.

PS I think anyone that has dealt with the public knows there are Aholes out there and not calling them that doesn't make them better and calling them that doesn't make you worse

Last edited by ysr612; 09-20-2007 at 10:38 AM. Reason: for clarifacation
ysr612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:39 AM   #11
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
It is hard to comprehend when someone or place screwed you and you come back for more? If it isn't free, no. Woods aren't the only dealer in town, is it?
Old 09-20-2007, 10:48 AM   #12
Gigolo Jason

Bike(s):
BMW R1200C

Quote:
But again if some wrote an article about your buiness slamming you then came back an expected you to give him a deal come on tell me you would not call him an Ahole if you say you would not then I am calling you a liar.
Let me get this strait. He didn't buy a bike from you, he just came in and asked for a deal?

I thought you said he bought a bike from you this Saturday?

Which one is it?

If this incident happened 8 months ago then why is it dated 9/11/07?

If the poster DID buy a bike from you this past Saturday, 9/15/07, why DID you sell something to him with the knowledge that he was the poster bashing your business on the internet?

Something here doesn't add up.

BTW here is a direct link.

http://forums.austin.craigslist.org/?ID=72040559
Old 09-20-2007, 11:00 AM   #13
rubber2burn

Bike(s):
Hayabusa

The Guy came back to the Dealer ship and wanted a NEW bike got with a sales guy and and he gave him the Numbers after seeing them he told the sales guy he wrote the article on craigs list and asked if he could get a better deal on the bike. But in the end he BOUGHT the BIKE from Woods the dealer he said he would never shop at again. As far as the post date on the article on craigs list I wondered that myself why he waited so long to make a big stink about something that happened 8 months ago OH must have been because he was in the market for a new bike and wanted a DEAL.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:05 AM   #14
level5
moving chicane

I will contact the poster and ask him a question.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:07 AM   #15
rubber2burn

Bike(s):
Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post

LOL
Old 09-20-2007, 11:08 AM   #16
Gigolo Jason

Bike(s):
BMW R1200C

Quote:
Good idea.

Send him a link to this thread.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:10 AM   #17
level5
moving chicane

there is nothing to the links and it has been removed or deleted. The first post is about what is in this thread and the second post is damage control like I said. No one is that stupid to go back to the place of being raped and getting raped again without any lube job.

http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/420252958.html
http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/420430185.html
Old 09-20-2007, 11:12 AM   #18
level5
moving chicane

I tried to post it but I have to register and I don't feel like doing it.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:15 AM   #19
Gigolo Jason

Bike(s):
BMW R1200C

Quote:
LOL
There are two sides to every story. Your claims are a little hard to believe but then again sometimes truth is stranger then fiction.

You should be pleased that the members of this forum are so thorough and are not just outright bashing you and your company for the sake of it.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:20 AM   #20
Gigolo Jason

Bike(s):
BMW R1200C

Quote:
I tried to post it but I have to register and I don't feel like doing it.
I e-mailed him and I will report back when I get a response.

Advertisement