MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2007, 05:32 PM   #1
juice
Got Ink

Feedback Rating: (1)

Sin City The Rocky Mountain Way.

Working for the Man!

The image below is something that I hope will come to past in my near future. I spend some 325+ days a year imprisoned in a 10x10 square cell with one window, peach colored walls and green carpet. My daily grind consists of change orders, revisions, and unattainable request. On September 20th 2007 I will temporally rid myself of this imprisonment. I will embark on an estimated 6,000-mile cross-country two-wheeled journey that will take me through ten states in just twelve short days. From Colorado’s frozen peaks to the scorching 120-degree Nevada deserts, we will go from one extreme climate to the next. I will depart Baton Rouge riding northwest with no itinerary. My only scheduled occurrence will be a three-day intermission in Sin City where I plan to meet up with my wife to celebrate our anniversary. I am also going to do my best to cross paths with my old friend "Beemerchef" and his dog spirit. Last, I heard they were moving southeast trying to reach the safety of Big bend before the northern winter catches up to them.

187533894 L
[/FONT][/FONT]
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sin City Bike Night Every Tuesday SLiMSiNNER Events, Meets and Rides 9 08-01-2013 07:39 PM
RIP Rocky Umali Ares General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 01-30-2010 12:11 PM
Houston: City of Sin? morvegil The Circus 20 12-18-2009 11:17 AM
rocky spoof NO MORE F4I Off Topic 0 12-08-2006 12:35 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2007, 05:50 PM   #2
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

sweet! you rolling thru houston?
Old 09-19-2007, 06:47 PM   #3
juice
Got Ink

Negative, first stop Amarillo by way of Fort Worth. I will have my laptop and I plan to do some updates from the road. That is when I can find internet access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
sweet! you rolling thru houston?

Last edited by juice; 09-19-2007 at 06:50 PM.
juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:50 PM   #4
carlos flores
WE DONT DIE...WE MULTIPLY

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 gixxer sixxer

:/:whats wrong with houston!
carlos flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:26 PM   #5
juice
Got Ink

For myself the most difficult job of prepping and preparing for a road trip was never what to pack but what music to bring along. Most of the time while on the open road my thoughts are my number one choice for companionship. But, for the miles when I fail to amuse myself my I-pod has the ability to clear my head and refresh my soul. Final destination and landscape has a lot to do with what type of music I select to bring along. For this particular ride with a westward heading I loaded a little 80’S rock a lot of Pat Green and every song that Stevie Ray Vaughn every recorded. Who would have ever thought that 4 gigs of music would not be enough.

Dress Rehearsal

197932972 L

197933393 L

Old 09-19-2007, 11:29 PM   #6
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CRF 50

good luck! seems like an awesome trip.

ducatisignature
chasee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:25 AM   #7
andrave

Feedback Rating: (0)

hotels or camping?
Old 09-20-2007, 09:36 AM   #8
juice
Got Ink

Day One
Date: Thursday Sept 20, 2007
Odometer: 10,400
Miles traveled to date: O

Departure

After shooting two Red bulls and swallowing one sloppy jelly doughnut. I was about as giddy as a bookie on the opening day of football season. The Strom is loaded, her fuel tank is topped off, my routes are programmed, and the only thing that stands between the open road and myself is a few last minute errands. I had plans to meet up with one of my riding partners (Stu) here at my home. Within minutes he arrives grinning from ear to ear. Our destination for today will be the Forth Worth area. Once there we will be picking up our third and final rider (Scott). We also have plans to have dinner and put some faces with names of two Texas locals (Scooterhose & KLRNO2) that we met on advrider. We do not have any immediate plans to do any primitive camping so my packing list is short and sweet. With the absences of my bulky camping gear, I was able to easily safely stow my laptop and with a little luck I anticipate some updates from the road.

My DL1000 K6 All dressed up and ready for the show.

198097683 L

198097887 L

198098081 L

Last edited by juice; 09-20-2007 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:44 AM   #9
level5
moving chicane

Feedback Rating: (0)

Have fun.
I love this type of trips but couldn't find myself time to take one.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:53 AM   #10
juice
Got Ink

The video edit from last year. Give it a minute or two to load.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:40 PM   #11
juice
Got Ink

The ride up I-49 out of Lafayette Louisiana is unappealing, uneventful and about as entertaining as my daughters high school class ring ceremony. The goal for today was simple we needed to somehow meet up with Scott and make the North-west side of Dallas before bedding down for the night. Being that this was a Thursday night the last thing I wanted to do was sit in downtown Dallas rush hour traffic the first thing in the morning. Scott was coming from Houston and had about a 3-4 hour jump on us.

198669178 L

The only thing that was remotely exciting was my tag of Texas. This tag puts me one step closer in the Race to fifty States. For anyone thats not familiar with the race click here for more info. I really do not have a snowballs chance in of actually winning the race but, man it sure is fun. And it feels good to know that my contributions will benefit children's hospital.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:29 AM   #12
juice
Got Ink

After playing phone tag with Scott for over 200 miles we finally made contact. Good news was that he had already scored us a room just North of Fort Worth, bad new was we were still about 150 miles South-East of Dallas. Finally after nine hours 4 gas stops and 510 miles we made our Hotel.

Chained up like rabid beast.
198663935 L

Last edited by juice; 09-22-2007 at 12:32 AM.

Advertisement