MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2007, 02:54 PM   #161
HellFroze
WhoCalledThisMeeting?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
SOLD --> '02 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligonetx View Post
isn't a 1300 over double the size of a 600? so we can handle twice the power between our legs
Last I heard, you thought us, on the 600s, were riding way too fast for you...

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone wanna ride? ELSpurgeO Events, Meets and Rides 16 10-09-2011 04:49 PM
Shorty wanna thug Bevo Off Topic 20 08-05-2011 05:27 PM
i wanna ride i wanna ride i wanna ride.... north side Jerzey Events, Meets and Rides 8 09-30-2010 10:42 PM
I dont wanna pickle...just wanna ride my motorcycle! jrob Off Topic 4 05-17-2009 09:36 PM
I wanna ride Duck84 Events, Meets and Rides 5 09-15-2007 03:40 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2007, 02:55 PM   #162
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR 1/2 View Post
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! shush! goober!!! i can cook and ride!
Yea but are U any good at either jk
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:56 PM   #163
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to Mrs. ~T~
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
but can you keep a boat floating, seems this ship sunk when you came in and said something....
hey! i was just trying to figure out what she wanted...

if it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck then just maybe it is a duck! RIGHT? so i was finding out if we had another Lindsey on our hands... it is about that time of the year... aww the good ol days...
Mrs. ~T~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:56 PM   #164
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
Yea but are U any good at either jk
Mr. Carbon does not complain but that might be b/c i would keel him! hahaha
Old 09-19-2007, 02:58 PM   #165
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
hey! i was just trying to figure out what she wanted...

if it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck then just maybe it is a duck! RIGHT? so i was finding out if we had another Lindsey on our hands... it is about that time of the year... aww the good ol days...
i don't know any lindsey beside my sister and she is CRAZY!!!! but i'm just meesing with you, you are still in my book
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:59 PM   #166
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

Quote:
Mr. Carbon does not complain but that might be b/c i would keel him! hahaha
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:04 PM   #167
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

^^^
Old 09-19-2007, 05:36 PM   #168
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
i don't know any lindsey beside my sister and she is CRAZY!!!! but i'm just meesing with you, you are still in my book
I thought you had been around longer....I'm so dissappointed. Actually, you didn't miss much....dirty looking for rides.

I think T should be banned for using the "L" word
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:04 PM   #169
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellFroze View Post
Last I heard, you thought us, on the 600s, were riding way too fast for you...

If I remember right he said "crazy" and I think he was referring to the ASSHAT that was passing people around corners and riding all over the lane and up on peoples a$$ around corners
Mark06gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:23 PM   #170
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
I don't abuse the power of the busa... I have a career and four people to support... Sorry if the 600s were like whiney chawawas and rolling full throttles; my video never caught me going over 5k and hardly rolling the throttle past half...

It's a discipline game with something like a busa... Until you try it, keep wondering... And I do own a 600 that had to continue to replace the studs on the pegs for hitting in corners(that's knee-in cornering for those not aware... I lost my desire to see early when I realized there is more to life.)

But lots of love to those who push limits... True streetfighters got my respect
CaligoneTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:50 AM   #171
Solyjr

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2014 Duc Panigale
2012 S1000RR - stolen
2005 R1 - sold
2003 V-max - sold
2000 V-max - sold

Send a message via MSN to Solyjr
Smile

No offense....
Some people on sports bikes, well I compare it to a 70 yr old lady driving a Corvette...
It's not about being conservative, it's about not knowing how to use the tool the way it was designed, or just to plain scared.

Again some sport bike owners, buy them for the look, or to make up for the lack of (insert your life’s random shortcomings’ here)...

Too many people with little to no riding experience have to go out and get the fastest thing on the road for bragging rights.

Then they just putz around on them, either to scared to use what they have or just don't know how to handle it, which in and of itself is fine. But don't pose/talk up a storm otherwise...

I mean how hard is it to pass a 67 Chevy truck going 45 mph on a country road with 1/2 - 1 miles of open and straight road, on a Busa, not a Harley!

I will say, however, it's a good thing you realize what you have and respect it, but don't be scared of it either.

FYI I wasn’t one of those 600s you referred to, I was on a R1…
The trick is not to try to ride withing the bikes limits, rather to ride within your limits... Otherwise I really don't understand the reason for owning a sportbike if your style of riding is "Cruising"... But hey it's your money...
Solyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:51 AM   #172
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuckzx7 View Post
I thought you had been around longer....I'm so dissappointed. Actually, you didn't miss much....dirty looking for rides.

I think T should be banned for using the "L" word
i just looked back and read some of "lindsey's" posts... she sounds like a hooker
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:59 AM   #173
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
i just looked back and read some of "lindsey's" posts... she sounds like a hooker
BAWHAHAHHAAAA

DONT BE MAD dFUNK, WE KNOW YALL HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL! :outfast:
Old 09-20-2007, 09:13 AM   #174
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solyjr View Post
No offense....
Some people on sports bikes, well I compare it to a 70 yr old lady driving a Corvette...
It's not about being conservative, it's about not knowing how to use the tool the way it was designed, or just to plain scared.

Again some sport bike owners, buy them for the look, or to make up for the lack of (insert your life’s random shortcomings’ here)...

Too many people with little to no riding experience have to go out and get the fastest thing on the road for bragging rights.

Then they just putz around on them, either to scared to use what they have or just don't know how to handle it, which in and of itself is fine. But don't pose/talk up a storm otherwise...

I mean how hard is it to pass a 67 Chevy truck going 45 mph on a country road with 1/2 - 1 miles of open and straight road, on a Busa, not a Harley!

I will say, however, it's a good thing you realize what you have and respect it, but don't be scared of it either.

FYI I wasn’t one of those 600s you referred to, I was on a R1…
The trick is not to try to ride withing the bikes limits, rather to ride within your limits... Otherwise I really don't understand the reason for owning a sportbike if your style of riding is "Cruising"... But hey it's your money...
Agreed, I came from a private racing team in Cali; got my agression out there... As for not passing the truck, I respect the other driver's on the road especially in their neighborhoods. I will drive it the way it should be driven but just as I prefer, I respect the other vehicles and the laws when around them.

Maybe that's just the pastor side of me speaking, is was it is.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:14 AM   #175
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
DONT BE MAD dFUNK, WE KNOW YALL HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL! :outfast:
yeah, cause she was a hottie I'll stick with what I got....
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:16 AM   #176
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

Question for Solyjr... have you riden an R6? was wondering what the weight difference was, if very much at all. I'll be honest, I never ridden a Yam and have been told the r6 can be squirly in the rear... I figured the R1 would be more defined....
Old 09-20-2007, 09:31 AM   #177
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
I don't abuse the power of the busa... I have a career and four people to support... Sorry if the 600s were like whiney chawawas and rolling full throttles; my video never caught me going over 5k and hardly rolling the throttle past half...

It's a discipline game with something like a busa... Until you try it, keep wondering... And I do own a 600 that had to continue to replace the studs on the pegs for hitting in corners(that's knee-in cornering for those not aware... I lost my desire to see early when I realized there is more to life.)

why in the world would you keep replacing those 2 foot curb feelers for? everybody i know can drag those curb feelers. they should be removed. and if you're dragging your actual pegs....especially on the streets....you're obviously not riding your bike correctly.

i smell another tango.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:40 AM   #178
Solyjr

Bike(s):
2014 Duc Panigale
2012 S1000RR - stolen
2005 R1 - sold
2003 V-max - sold
2000 V-max - sold

Quote:
Question for Solyjr... have you riden an R6? was wondering what the weight difference was, if very much at all. I'll be honest, I never ridden a Yam and have been told the r6 can be squirly in the rear... I figured the R1 would be more defined....
I can’t comprehend what’s disrespectful about passing a slow vehicle safely. I really don't see a sport bike passing a slow moving vehicle, safely, as being disrespectful...
You can still enjoy the Busa, and ride it to an extent of it’s capabilities and remain lawful and respectful of others on the road
There are other things in play here... You have a really bad incident maybe got you gun shy?

The R6, to me at least, seems lighter, easier to flick, etc. I guess you could say it is a tad bit more squirly then the R1.
The R1 does seem more stable, even though the weight diff is minimal. I'm not an engineer but I'm sure there are design differences to accommodate the bigger engine and more HP...
Now the Busa… I rode a friends, it’s mad fast, but to me it’s like mounting a cow! I mean the bike is big as when you straddle the seat. I must admit when I rode it I was a bit intimidated, I mean the bike does carry with it a reputation… It was fun as but not my kind of bike, don’t seem as agile as other bikes I’ve ridden, including litre bikes.

I'm glad you respect others, and your bike, that's better then wrapping yourself around a pole, or worse.
However... just my humble opinion, your bike does not seem to match your ride style, but that's strictly my opinion from my experiences of being around riders.

Anyhow no harm no foul I hope, I was just thinking you were gun shy from an accident, or you were learning how to ride and just taking it safe or something along that line. As long as you ride within your limits, and it doesn't hinder or endanger those around you all is good...
Old 09-20-2007, 09:43 AM   #179
Solyjr

Bike(s):
2014 Duc Panigale
2012 S1000RR - stolen
2005 R1 - sold
2003 V-max - sold
2000 V-max - sold

Quote:

Speaking of Video... Where is the one of our ride?
Old 09-20-2007, 10:41 AM   #180
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

i need to know where to put it, I haven't done an upload on utube, so I need to try that. don't have the laptop today so I will try is soon.

As for the style, I lost a stepson 5 years old to a boy driving a truck 75 in a 45 in the woodlands... So that always plays on my mind. I do runouts usually around the Louisiana area due to the open roads; I just put the 220 guage on the bike so I've only known the bike to do 185 till now, need to go back... Before that incident I rode a lot different... Most of the miles(7k since may) done with my motorcycle ministries; where I am manly cruisers go out. If we hit up the forest or 3090 I meet them at the end, which still gives me a nice cruise usually not over 130 for my preference.

As for the R1, I've been curious since last bikes we raced in Cali were always CBR750 class(rektech lub. systems); so I've seen the R6s and considered the R1 or rc51 before the incident above where I chose a bike I could do more long trips on comfortably

Advertisement