MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2007, 01:26 PM   #21
txferrari
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

User is banned

txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GSXR 750 or 1000 engine in a 600 chasis? CraigRR How To's and Q & A's 7 01-30-2012 11:51 PM
gsxr 750 motor in a bandit 600? Infinite General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 09-17-2011 10:33 PM
2002 gsxr 750 throttle body on a 600?? snoopy281 How To's and Q & A's 0 03-11-2011 03:40 PM
GSXR 600/750 hybrid feedback sought bradtx General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 03-16-2010 09:21 PM
gsxr 600 to 750 swap should i buy? hjl47 General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 03-15-2009 03:05 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2007, 01:28 PM   #22
level5
moving chicane

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari View Post
Get the 636.
got one 4 sale, if interested.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:30 PM   #23
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Get the 636.
there isn't a GSXR636
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:35 PM   #24
Fuzzy018

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2009 HD Dyna - Super Glide

If it's your first sports bike, go with the 600.

U can always move up later. Although if you're only street riding, I don't know that you would need to.
Fuzzy018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:42 PM   #25
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

I've spent quite a bit of time on both(06 750 and 07 600 both GSXRs) and hav to say if your riding the streets the 750 is the way to go. No constant downshifting or waiting for the power band. I miss my baby
Old 09-18-2007, 05:06 PM   #26
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJgsxr View Post
Why wouldn't you go with the 750 if it is only 5lbs heavier? I love my 750 and plan on getting another in a couple years. Its a great mix between agility and power and I don't see why so many manufacturers stopped making them.
you make it sound like that 600 is short on power. you also make it sound like the 750 is more agile than a 1000. we're talking street riding here. just get what you want. you'll be no faster on either one you get.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:33 PM   #27
andrave

the guy is a first time rider; I'd always recommend the option with LESS power. The 750 is definetly a better bike, all around... riding between 600's and my 750's (I'm on my 2nd) is night and day difference, so if its power youre after I doubt you'll be disappointed with the 750, but considering your riding experience you may want to stick with something smaller (keep in mind a 600 is in no way slow and is plenty fast enough to kill you).
BUT I'm looking beyond the question you are asking and reading your whole post. sporty? comfortable? cruiser background?
me thinks you should spend some time sitting on a sport bike back to back with something closer to what I'd recommend for you. an SV1000 is more comfortable and nearly as fast as a GSXR 750... of course a bandit (or even *gasp* an 06 FZ6) is going to be even more comfortable, and unless youre doing track days you're not too likely to exploit the margin of performance between a bandit and an SV or even the GSXR. and the difference in comfort is considerably greater than the disparity in performance. And resale on those types of bikes is much more reasonable than the sport bikes so you can probably find one cheaper.
Oh, and if youre not really sure and you don't mind having something that can be outrun by most sport bikes, and comfort and relability are important to you, and you can stand the looks, there are year old 600 and 750 Katana's going for dirt cheap (under 5000 miles for under 3000 dollars).
so think about what you are really gonna use it for. When I ride in the hills on the east coast our regular group has a handful of R1's and 1000RR's, me on my GSXR750, a few 600 hondas, an FZ1, an SV1000, etc ... and the last two bikes can easily hang with the rest, on the straights and leaned over. on a race track of course it would be no contest...
but the guy on the FZ can ride with us for 8 or 9 hours and then take his wife for a 2 hour ride that night while we are taking advil and walking funny.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:06 PM   #28
jscstar13
Couldnt think of anything

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
05 R6, 400EX (sold), R1 - soon to come

hey pat, thought you decided on the 600....just buy one already. or you can buy my R6 when the 08's come out

Last edited by jscstar13; 09-18-2007 at 09:09 PM.
jscstar13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:30 AM   #29
Wicked

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 750, '05 Yamaha Roadstar Midnight Warrior

Thanks for all the info. I think some of you misinterpreted what I was saying about comfort. I was referring to comfort with regard to horsepower not riding comfort. I know a sports bike is not comfortable!
Old 09-19-2007, 10:49 AM   #30
txferrari
Banned

User is banned

txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:02 AM   #31
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
sportbike & comfort.........lol in the same sentance.......lol
most comfortable bike (for me) that ive ever owned was my 97 gsxr600.

WITH NO SEAT!

all race plastics, the racing tail just had a 1/4" foam pad. i didnt even really sit on the pad it was too far back. i just sat straight on the plastics, a little forward with my boys up where the end of the tank is.

for me comfort is less about cushion and more ergonomics. for some reason on that bike, the angles of my knee, hips, back and arms felt really good. that, along with an awesome suspesion, made it easy for me to take the bike on 3-4 hour trips to corpus easily.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:02 AM   #32
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
He can get a 636 and put Suzuki stickers on it.
yeah, alot of people wouldn't know the difference
Old 09-19-2007, 11:05 AM   #33
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki View Post
The 750 will give you the torque you want for the street

Right!

I love the commonly held opinion that, "you should get the 600, the 750 is too much for the street."

They are both too much for the street if you're using even 1/2 of the rev range.

The way I see it is that if you HAD to choose between a 6 and 750+ for the street, you'd want the bike with more displacement. You don't have to pin the throttle on the 750 like you do on the 600.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:09 AM   #34
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
Right!

I love the commonly held opinion that, "you should get the 600, the 750 is too much for the street."

They are both too much for the street if you're using even 1/2 of the rev range.

The way I see it is that if you HAD to choose between a 6 and 750+ for the street, you'd want the bike with more displacement. You don't have to pin the throttle on the 750 like you do on the 600.
that's what i like about my busa... i don't need all the power on the street so i don't use it all... but if i find somewhere safe to open her up then i have the power to do so.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:11 AM   #35
scratchmaster_J

Bike(s):
'02 GSX-R Streetfighter

Get a Triumph 675...as competitive as a 750.
scratchmaster_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:15 AM   #36
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
that's what i like about my busa... i don't need all the power on the street so i don't use it all... but if i find somewhere safe to open her up then i have the power to do so.
Exactly. While I'm obviously biased, I think the Busa makes a much better street bike than any of the race replicas. They're stable, comfortable, have great wind protection (with an aftermarket screen), can carry all kinds of hard luggage and offer good passenger accomodation.

They have torque for days down low in the rev range - you can pretty much just ride it around in 3rd gear. And if you get to feeling illegal you can always charge through MPH like a built race car.

On the street I've never had a problem keeping up with anyone on a supersport or superbike. edit--meant to say that they handle purdy well too.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:19 AM   #37
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Exactly. While I'm obviously biased, I think the Busa makes a much better street bike than any of the race replicas. They're stable, comfortable, have great wind protection (with an aftermarket screen), can carry all kinds of hard luggage and offer good passenger accomodation.

They have torque for days down low in the rev range - you can pretty much just ride it around in 3rd gear. And if you get to feeling illegal you can always charge through MPH like a built race car.

On the street I've never had a problem keeping up with anyone on a supersport or superbike. edit--meant to say that they handle purdy well too.
agreed...
Old 09-19-2007, 11:23 AM   #38
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Talking

Quote:

On the street I've never had a problem keeping up with anyone on a supersport or superbike. edit--meant to say that they handle purdy well too. And they are the undisputed sexiest Bikes on the Planet
FIXED
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:24 AM   #39
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

But the new ones are purdy ugly......(runs and hides)

Old 09-19-2007, 11:31 AM   #40
Sassy Chassis
Not a value-added poster

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 821

Gixxer 6s R 4 girls!

Advertisement