MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2007, 01:57 PM   #21
Fuzzy018
Senior Member
 
Fuzzy018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,034

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2009 HD Dyna - Super Glide









Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
I see that the MEP urges 101mph limit there is also an article on page 10 of the Superbike Magazine

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6730051.stm

Do you think it's sheer coincidence that litre bikes top out at 186?

The agreement came about because created the Suzuki Hayabusa. This is why the’99 and 00are and forever will be the fastest production bike ever manufactured unless the agreement is broken. the ZX14 is limited to 186. the BUSA is still the fastest Production bike ever built.

Of ALL the motorcycle fatalities, 47% of them were 40 or older. 32% were 30 or younger. Good thing you don't teach reading comprehension.
what you talking about you need to talk to JONATHAN WELSH he wrote the article you can reach him at jonathan.welsh@wsj.com[/QUOTE]

Most cars nowadays have governors. And people find ways around them.
It'll be the same for bike if they ever limit the top speeds. people will always find a way to beat the system.
Fuzzy018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So now that you're (somewhat) fast. Do you need a faster bike to be faster????? floyd600 Taking it to the Track 11 04-28-2012 10:21 AM
bigger, stronger, faster... Petro Off Topic 16 11-07-2008 12:45 PM
3 seconds faster thanks to Motorcycles Unlimited maxgs Taking it to the Track 36 12-24-2007 12:29 AM
Faster,Faster funny quote jrock Off Topic 0 03-20-2006 01:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2007, 01:57 PM   #22
jus10
Loading...
 
jus10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,160

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty









Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
You can buy a car without a license you can buy a Gun in the State of Texas without a license what is your point?
Exactly! For all they know, you could be buying it for the track.
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:19 PM   #23
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide
 
CaligoneTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Valhalla
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 21,558

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)






Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
I see that the MEP urges 101mph limit there is also an article on page 10 of the Superbike Magazine

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6730051.stm

Do you think it's sheer coincidence that litre bikes top out at 186?

The agreement came about because created the Suzuki Hayabusa. This is why the’99 and 00are and forever will be the fastest production bike ever manufactured unless the agreement is broken. the ZX14 is limited to 186. the BUSA is still the fastest Production bike ever built.

Of ALL the motorcycle fatalities, 47% of them were 40 or older. 32% were 30 or younger. Good thing you don't teach reading comprehension.
what you talking about you need to talk to JONATHAN WELSH he wrote the article you can reach him at jonathan.welsh@wsj.com[/QUOTE]

AMEN....
CaligoneTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:22 PM   #24
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,236

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





Typical uninformed politicians want to limit the top speed, when the real problem isn't how fast they can go, but how quick they can get there.

If you look at accident rates with sportscars versus economy cars, it is the same problem.

Put a newb behind the wheel or on the seat of something that can accellerate at twice or three times of what they are used to, and it is a recipe for disaster.
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:26 PM   #25
Fuzzy018
Senior Member
 
Fuzzy018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,034

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2009 HD Dyna - Super Glide









Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
You can buy a car without a license you can buy a Gun in the State of Texas without a license what is your point?
The point is. They should make people get a license or some kind of safety training before being allowed to buy very powerful bikes.

Or limit non-license holders to smaller bikes.

Not everyone takes the right steps toward learning how to handle almost umlimited power responsibly.
Fuzzy018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:30 PM   #26
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing
 
NoFear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas USA
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,375












Only bikes huh so I should be able to buy a supercar without a license? No, its your money you should be able to buy what you want with it when you want unless you are a fellon or in prison then you have no rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy018 View Post
The point is. They should make people get a license or some kind of safety training before being allowed to buy very powerful bikes.

Or limit non-license holders to smaller bikes.

Not everyone takes the right steps toward learning how to handle almost umlimited power responsibly.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa claire View Post
Busa club. why did you not mention that? that makes things all nice and peachy
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:31 PM   #27
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 15,920

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50









Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy018 View Post

Most cars nowadays have governors. And people find ways around them.
It'll be the same for bike if they ever limit the top speeds. people will always find a way to beat the system.
we already have, it's called a TRE for the busa. lets you go faster than 186. makes the bike think it is in 4th gear all the time instead of 6th where it is limited
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Its the stupidity. It gets added to our forum in normal and controlled doses which actually serves to the benefit of the website.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:36 PM   #28
Fuzzy018
Senior Member
 
Fuzzy018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,034

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2009 HD Dyna - Super Glide









Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
Only bikes huh so I should be able to buy a supercar without a license? No, its your money you should be able to buy what you want with it when you want unless you are a fellon or in prison then you have no rights
I thought that to buy a car, you do need a license, otherwise you can't take it home.
Fuzzy018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:38 PM   #29
Fuzzy018
Senior Member
 
Fuzzy018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,034

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2009 HD Dyna - Super Glide









Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
we already have, it's called a TRE for the busa. lets you go faster than 186. makes the bike think it is in 4th gear all the time instead of 6th where it is limited
At 186 MPH is understandable.

I was talking about having the governors at 101 mph. That's when people would start messing with them.

It's not like most of us go driving around at 186 everywhere. You need lots of space for that.

But the low 100's, thats a different story.
Fuzzy018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:40 PM   #30
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 15,920

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50









Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy018 View Post
At 186 MPH is understandable.

I was talking about having the governors at 101 mph. That's when people would start messing with them.

It's not like most of us go driving around at 186 everywhere. You need lots of space for that.

But the low 100's, thats a different story.
i'm just saying people have already found ways around it and it's set at 186... i know at 101 we'd have a solution the next day!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Its the stupidity. It gets added to our forum in normal and controlled doses which actually serves to the benefit of the website.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:42 PM   #31
Fuzzy018
Senior Member
 
Fuzzy018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,034

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2009 HD Dyna - Super Glide









Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i'm just saying people have already found ways around it and it's set at 186... i know at 101 we'd have a solution the next day!!
I'm with you there. 101 is way to low.
Fuzzy018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:45 PM   #32
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing
 
NoFear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas USA
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,375












I can buy a car and have anyone with a license drive it for me I can be blind or otherwise physically disabled to the point that I cant drive thats why they have chauffeurs DUH!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy018 View Post
I thought that to buy a car, you do need a license, otherwise you can't take it home.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa claire View Post
Busa club. why did you not mention that? that makes things all nice and peachy
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:46 PM   #33
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing
 
NoFear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas USA
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,375












Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy018 View Post
I'm with you there. 101 is way to low.
And why do you need to go faster than 100mph? really why do you need to go this fast? I would like to hear this argument
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa claire View Post
Busa club. why did you not mention that? that makes things all nice and peachy
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:48 PM   #34
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 15,920

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50









Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
And why do you need to go faster than 100mph? really why do you need to go this fast? I would like to hear this argument
at the dragstrip... and because you can... DUH!!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Its the stupidity. It gets added to our forum in normal and controlled doses which actually serves to the benefit of the website.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:49 PM   #35
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,236

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
And why do you need to go faster than 100mph? really why do you need to go this fast? I would like to hear this argument
I don't think anyone NEEDS to go faster than 100, but it seems most do. I have been way past 100 more times than I care to admit, but lately I just don't feel like it. But I will roll at 80-100 all day long... anything under 80 seems like I can just step off and walk...

I mean that nice sweeper says "55" on the yellow curve sign.. so it just feels comfortable to roll around at 110 or so...
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:49 PM   #36
Fuzzy018
Senior Member
 
Fuzzy018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,034

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2009 HD Dyna - Super Glide









Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
I can buy a car and have anyone with a license drive it for me I can be blind or otherwise physically disabled to the point that I cant drive thats why they have chauffeurs DUH!!!!!!
Fine! But it is much easier to get a superbike than it is to get a super car. And superbikes are a lot more difficult to drive and a lot more difficult to learn how to drive.

Not everyone can go out and buy a ferrari, and if they do, they more than likely have driven cars bofore, so they are already experinced. On the other hand, it is much easier to afford a superbike and kill youself the first time you try to ride it. That;s why I don't really think you can compare the 2.
Fuzzy018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:51 PM   #37
Fuzzy018
Senior Member
 
Fuzzy018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,034

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2009 HD Dyna - Super Glide









Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
And why do you need to go faster than 100mph? really why do you need to go this fast? I would like to hear this argument
WHY EXACTLY DO YOU OWN A 1300??????????

TO DRIVE AROUND AT 65/?????

Seriously...........
Fuzzy018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:55 PM   #38
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 15,920

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50









Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy018 View Post
WHY EXACTLY DO YOU OWN A 1300??????????

TO DRIVE AROUND AT 65/?????

Seriously...........
i've seen him do 75
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Its the stupidity. It gets added to our forum in normal and controlled doses which actually serves to the benefit of the website.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:55 PM   #39
jus10
Loading...
 
jus10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,160

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty









Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
And why do you need to go faster than 100mph? really why do you need to go this fast? I would like to hear this argument
I start to shake and go through withdrawals. Yeah, I got nothin'.
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:58 PM   #40
Fuzzy018
Senior Member
 
Fuzzy018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,034

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2009 HD Dyna - Super Glide









Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10 View Post
I start to shake and go through withdrawals. Yeah, I got nothin'.
Fuzzy018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy