MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Stunters Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2007, 12:48 AM   #1
Magnum45
Member
 
Magnum45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 69


Bike(s):
Honda CBR 600 RR









Wheelie question

Was up guys.
I ride a600RR I have been practicing doing power wheelies. I'm now able to ride a wheelie all the way through first gear! Wooho That is really fun. But it sometimes makes me nervous. I will pop the bike up and sometimes it will pop up and start going to the right, or left. I can sort of manuver it around on one wheel but it feels really funny... and scary.

Most of the time it just goes strait up. It's bugging me why sometimes it is coming up at an angle. Anyone every have that problem? Any advice?

I saw that video of the freeway sit down wheelie with the back brake control. That was sick. I don't really use the back brake (i keep my foot there) when I do my wheelies I just play with the throttle and keep the wheelie low expecting the powerband.

-kevin
Magnum45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wheelie Question Infinite Stunters Lounge 14 10-11-2010 07:53 PM
power wheelie question 600 CBR vs 600Ninja humbleassassin Stunters Lounge 33 07-04-2009 11:27 AM
Clutch wheelie question....... yeffug How To's and Q & A's 10 10-03-2008 01:28 PM
must see wheelie ash General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 01-21-2008 07:44 AM
WHEELIE QUESTION? EFmang Stunters Lounge 53 12-27-2005 06:36 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-17-2007, 12:53 AM   #2
Vandals
Scooter
 
Vandals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: WACO
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,359

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha r1
1981 Honda Trail 110 -"The Tank"








Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum45 View Post
Was up guys.
I ride a600RR I have been practicing doing power wheelies. I'm now able to ride a wheelie all the way through first gear! Wooho That is really fun. But it sometimes makes me nervous. I will pop the bike up and sometimes it will pop up and start going to the right, or left. I can sort of manuver it around on one wheel but it feels really funny... and scary.

Most of the time it just goes strait up. It's bugging me why sometimes it is coming up at an angle. Anyone every have that problem? Any advice?

I saw that video of the freeway sit down wheelie with the back brake control. That was sick. I don't really use the back brake (i keep my foot there) when I do my wheelies I just play with the throttle and keep the wheelie low expecting the powerband.

-kevin


forget power whoolies. do staggard in 2nd. staggard is when you put your left foot on the passenger peg and right over the backbrake. roll at like 45 and experiment with clutching it up (revving it and slipping the clutch) once you get the feeling of it coming up, you can find balance point pretty easilly, and as for the veering off to the side, it could be because your axle isnt completely straight or your just catching the wind
Vandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:54 AM   #3
rick
R.I.P. "B"
 
rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: stafford
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,648

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
o5 gsxr 750









Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum45 View Post
Was up guys.
I ride a600RR I have been practicing doing power wheelies. I'm now able to ride a wheelie all the way through first gear! Wooho That is really fun. But it sometimes makes me nervous. I will pop the bike up and sometimes it will pop up and start going to the right, or left. I can sort of manuver it around on one wheel but it feels really funny... and scary.

Most of the time it just goes strait up. It's bugging me why sometimes it is coming up at an angle. Anyone every have that problem? Any advice?

I saw that video of the freeway sit down wheelie with the back brake control. That was sick. I don't really use the back brake (i keep my foot there) when I do my wheelies I just play with the throttle and keep the wheelie low expecting the powerband.

-kevin

well for one, ur wooling through 1st gear cause ur power whoolie, second if its going at an angle, your making it go at an angle, i say forget the power whoolies and clutch it up. people tend to loop the bike when learning to power whoolie because the feel it come 6 inches off the ground and think they are the ,i say clutch it up and hit balance point. thats a whoolie. not no first gear power whoolies. so take ur time and learn what feels best for you, and be safe. but im no whoolie expert or fast rider so i dont know what it feels like to lift the front of my bike up.
rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:56 AM   #4
Vandals
Scooter
 
Vandals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: WACO
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,359

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha r1
1981 Honda Trail 110 -"The Tank"








Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
well for one, ur wooling through 1st gear cause ur power whoolie, second if its going at an angle, your making it go at an angle, i say forget the power whoolies and clutch it up. people tend to loop the bike when learning to power whoolie because the feel it come 6 inches off the ground and think they are the ,i say clutch it up and hit balance point. thats a whoolie. not no first gear power whoolies. so take ur time and learn what feels best for you, and be safe. but im no whoolie expert or fast rider so i dont know what it feels like to lifet the front of my bike up.
feels like your floatin on air




...well not really, but your still floating
Vandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:58 AM   #5
Somebody1010
CCS EX #62
 
Somebody1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Nacogdoches
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,756

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
04 Suzuki 600 (Track only) 04 Kawi KX 250




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Somebody1010 Send a message via Yahoo to Somebody1010
dont stund on the public streets, you have a kid find an open lot
Somebody1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:00 AM   #6
rick
R.I.P. "B"
 
rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: stafford
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,648

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
o5 gsxr 750









Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody1010 View Post
dont stund on the public streets, you have a kid find an open lot
who are u talking to?
rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:08 AM   #7
Somebody1010
CCS EX #62
 
Somebody1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Nacogdoches
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,756

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
04 Suzuki 600 (Track only) 04 Kawi KX 250




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Somebody1010 Send a message via Yahoo to Somebody1010
u
Somebody1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:12 AM   #8
Magnum45
Member
 
Magnum45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 69


Bike(s):
Honda CBR 600 RR









Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
well for one, ur wooling through 1st gear cause ur power whoolie, second if its going at an angle, your making it go at an angle, i say forget the power whoolies and clutch it up. people tend to loop the bike when learning to power whoolie because the feel it come 6 inches off the ground and think they are the ,i say clutch it up and hit balance point. thats a whoolie. not no first gear power whoolies. so take ur time and learn what feels best for you, and be safe. but im no whoolie expert or fast rider so i dont know what it feels like to lift the front of my bike up.
My 600 doesn't haven enough power to come strait up. I have to pop the clutch. And I have to play with the throttle finding a sort of balance, between the mid range and the powerband to keep it up from 15mph to 70mph. I know im farther than 6 inchs because My lights light up the trees.
Magnum45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:13 AM   #9
Magnum45
Member
 
Magnum45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 69


Bike(s):
Honda CBR 600 RR









Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandals View Post
feels like your floatin on air




...well not really, but your still floating

Its bad .
Magnum45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:14 AM   #10
rick
R.I.P. "B"
 
rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: stafford
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,648

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
o5 gsxr 750









Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody1010 View Post
u
o.k. well i dont do whoolies,or ride fast, i have a pic of me and my son where my speedo is to remind me , ill post a pic of it.and the peeps that ride with me know im always last to show up where we ride to or meet up at thats how slow i am.
rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:19 AM   #11
rick
R.I.P. "B"
 
rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: stafford
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,648

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
o5 gsxr 750









Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum45 View Post
My 600 doesn't haven enough power to come strait up. I have to pop the clutch. And I have to play with the throttle finding a sort of balance, between the mid range and the powerband to keep it up from 15mph to 70mph. I know im farther than 6 inchs because My lights light up the trees.
well if i turn my high beam i light up the trees, dont matter, i suggest u go one tooth down on ur front sproket,and get a gpr dampner,and then go to a empty lot and practice. i had a 600 ( gxr) and it would come up easy even stock. guess its cause ur on a honda.,but just practice , a 600rr should come up if you really want it to. i mean take it slow no need to hurry. i know chicks like guys who get it up but hey save that for later. just take ur time and learn. ride safe. and dont wait for your power band to kick in ull just loop the bike.
rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:24 AM   #12
Magnum45
Member
 
Magnum45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 69


Bike(s):
Honda CBR 600 RR









Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandals View Post
forget power whoolies. do staggard in 2nd. staggard is when you put your left foot on the passenger peg and right over the backbrake. roll at like 45 and experiment with clutching it up (revving it and slipping the clutch) once you get the feeling of it coming up, you can find balance point pretty easilly, and as for the veering off to the side, it could be because your axle isnt completely straight or your just catching the wind

When I pop it up at around 30mph it always goes strait up. But when i started doing it at 15mph is when it started coming up at an angle and getting sort of wobbly.
Magnum45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:40 AM   #13
Magnum45
Member
 
Magnum45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 69


Bike(s):
Honda CBR 600 RR









Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
well if i turn my high beam i light up the trees, dont matter, i suggest u go one tooth down on ur front sproket,and get a gpr dampner,and then go to a empty lot and practice. i had a 600 ( gxr) and it would come up easy even stock. guess its cause ur on a honda.,but just practice , a 600rr should come up if you really want it to. i mean take it slow no need to hurry. i know chicks like guys who get it up but hey save that for later. just take ur time and learn. ride safe. and dont wait for your power band to kick in ull just loop the bike.
cool thanks for the tips.
Magnum45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:45 AM   #14
chasee69
ballin' outta control!
 
chasee69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Central Houston
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 6,892

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CRF 50






how long have you been riding the bike?
__________________

ducatisignature
chasee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:49 AM   #15
Magnum45
Member
 
Magnum45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 69


Bike(s):
Honda CBR 600 RR









8 months.

and
taken the Motorcycle Saftey class.
Magnum45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:02 AM   #16
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER
 
jetcycles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ShoreAcres
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 12,024

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50



Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum45 View Post
8 months.

and
taken the Motorcycle Saftey class.
mileage is a better indicator of your experience level. . .how many miles on the bike?

and +1 to clutching it up!!! also, you mentioned you don't use the rear brake!?!? Cover that or suffer the consequences
__________________
I understand the consequences of my actions prior to engaging in those actions. . .there are certain situations in life where the risk is totally worth the reward.
jetcycles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:23 AM   #17
Somebody1010
CCS EX #62
 
Somebody1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Nacogdoches
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,756

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
04 Suzuki 600 (Track only) 04 Kawi KX 250




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Somebody1010 Send a message via Yahoo to Somebody1010
...yeah were going to be reading a thread of "i wrecked my bike" soon
Somebody1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:29 AM   #18
Cody_Rules
this.
 
Cody_Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: S.E. side
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,850

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
650r nekkid




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Cody_Rules
just give it full throttle in second and pop the clutch it will go straight
__________________
cody Rules
Cody_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:17 AM   #19
Javi
Siempre positivo..
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,515












Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum45 View Post
Was up guys.
I ride a600RR I have been practicing doing power wheelies. I'm now able to ride a wheelie all the way through first gear! Wooho That is really fun. But it sometimes makes me nervous. I will pop the bike up and sometimes it will pop up and start going to the right, or left. I can sort of manuver it around on one wheel but it feels really funny... and scary.

Most of the time it just goes strait up. It's bugging me why sometimes it is coming up at an angle. Anyone every have that problem? Any advice?

I saw that video of the freeway sit down wheelie with the back brake control. That was sick. I don't really use the back brake (i keep my foot there) when I do my wheelies I just play with the throttle and keep the wheelie low expecting the powerband.

-kevin
leave the big bike alone for a min and ride a 50cc for a bit and all will become clear !!
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:20 AM   #20
jus10
Loading...
 
jus10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,160

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty









Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
i dont know what it feels like to lift the front of my bike up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
o.k. well i dont do whoolies,
And yet, here you are telling this guy how to wheelie???

I know who I wouldn't listen to!
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy