MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2005, 07:33 PM   #21
ufo34
Carlos V

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
R.I.Pieces

Re: Race weekend results 7/29-7/31

Gianni's first race is around 12:00, we will probably leave around 11:00am to get there on time to see the whole thing, what about you. . .not sure for the other races.
ufo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Northwest Ride 1/29 and/or 1/31 r6racer Events, Meets and Rides 6 01-29-2013 12:02 AM
MSTA TX Hill Country Rally - Kerrvile - Oct 29-31 CBRMichael Events, Meets and Rides 0 10-07-2010 06:11 PM
Baskin Robins 31 Cent Scoop Night - April 29 Pyrofallout Events, Meets and Rides 7 04-22-2009 11:50 AM
private class, weekend if 3/31 RACER X New Riders and MSF Course Info 0 03-09-2007 07:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2005, 08:13 PM   #22
OutlawDCustoMs
Mr Professional

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

02' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
04' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' CMRA #328 (sold)

Send a message via AIM to OutlawDCustoMs

Alrighty guys, after a tough friday:

Impulsive Riders (Me, Gianni, Chris H., and Nathan G.) placed 3rd in Superbike C 6Hr Endurance with a STOCK R6, completely stock even STOCK CAN!!!* Thats right, TEAM PROV NOV on the Podium baby!!!

as for my bike, it is banged up pretty bad, i talked to Tyler from K&N and he said he might have all the parts there and i may be able to put it together, but it's a long shot.

My mornin was pretty crappy, ran a 2:05, 1:59, 1:54, 1:55 and a FLIPPIN AZZ wreck @ Turn 7, lowsided @ least 125+mph and i slid while my bike flipped 3 times as i was watching it.

oh swell, happens, hopefully i'll be back on it asap!!!

Anyone wanna help me out on parts kekeke (really on a serious note)
Old 07-30-2005, 10:03 PM   #23
speedismo
OCD for speed

gr8 going guyz! and as u say Syd, happens.part of game.

i too am interested in checking it out tomorrow but i got a couple of things to do here around noon. does anybody have the schedule so that I can plan up accordingly?

Travelomy:Simplify your travel.
speedismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 10:16 PM   #24
speedismo
OCD for speed

and Bubba, how long will it take from tomball if I take 1774 and then 105. any idea?..i will be riding

Old 07-30-2005, 11:08 PM   #25
BubbaRRay

Feedback Rating: (7)

I live next to Spring Creek Park and pulling a trailer, driving most normal speeds, and swinging through the gas station it takes a hour every time. One time I was running late for a track day, I had the bike strapped in the back of the truck real good and I made it in 42 minutes. It's really easy, just take 1774 through Magnollia into Plantersville to 105, hang a left on 105 into Navasota to Hwy6, hang a right all the way to TWS (Texas World Speedway). Disclaimer: It's not my fault if you get any speeding tickets, but I usually run about 80ish once I get out of town on 1774 and 105. Looking forward to tomorrow, later
CMRA #803
Check out my Sponsor House Page http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Member...m/Default.aspx
BubbaRRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 06:12 PM   #26
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

congrats to syd and gianni for placing :biggthumpup:
Old 07-31-2005, 07:45 PM   #27
j14
Seņor Esmooth...not rich

yeah, nice job guys. How did Gianni do today?
Old 07-31-2005, 07:47 PM   #28
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
Originally Posted by j14
yeah, nice job guys. How did Gianni do today?

yeah... how'd he do?... results haven't been posted yet... :eh: :dontknow:
Old 07-31-2005, 09:19 PM   #29
BubbaRRay

Feedback Rating: (7)

Gianni got an 8th, 10th, and I think an 11th but not sure. He did freakin awesome, I'm jealous
CMRA #803
Check out my Sponsor House Page http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Member...m/Default.aspx
BubbaRRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 09:23 PM   #30
j14
Seņor Esmooth...not rich

cool
Old 07-31-2005, 11:17 PM   #31
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool

Hey guys Im back from the track! it was a crazy weekend (startin thursday) and I don't wanna see TWS (Texas World Speedway) again till next year! (just jokin about that last part)

Anyway... Seeing how it was my first race weekend and had no point I started IN THE FREAKIN BACK OF THE PACK!!! literally. Well after thinkin "I defninitely gotta move up" I put myself together sunday and placed. I cant exactly recall what I got (I know one was 8th) but results will be posted soon to be checking cmraracing.com for the times and such. BTW for those that dont know, 8th I think is good to be starting in the back considering there races have about 30 bikes in them. Had I started further up in the pack I have no doubt I would have placed higher... But hey we all gotta start somewhere right: .

I will be glad to say I ran 1:55-1:56 laps during the races. I hope to drop another second at least next time back. But for now I am very pleased!! the good part is once I began a race I never looked back and it was a rush making passes nearly touching each other. . Some crazy crashes (I think just about a wreck in every race)

As for our endurance team having never been on a Yamaha or even a 600 ever before I felt good during the race and quickly picked up the pace and managed to hold my own out there and stay in good standing My first time out I ran the track for about 55-56 mins and the next time I went out the heat was really bad and was only out for about 30 mins till I began to feel my body gettin tired. It was like that for everyone and Endurance definitely lives up to its name... We placed 3rd in the Superbike class and got cool plaques (I will post pics later) In the overall standing because we were a new team we started about 48th out of 52 bikes and finished 17th place overall.

Thanks to all who I saw out there for the support (Ufo, Moody, BubbaRay, and others I may have missed)

This is Gianni.. signing off.. right:
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 12:04 AM   #32
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool

Wait Wait Wait I forgot to talk about Track Day!

It was good helpin some of you out on your lines and showing you some of mine. Arturo you looked good out there position wise but you just need to work on those lines a bit more. No problem tho, we can help yah out. right: I havent seen that Vid but basically what happened is you had too little of patch for too much throttle and you spun out the back and when you did you freaked and let it go and the tire gripped and launched you. If there's anything ive learned from this weekend about spinning tires is that when it starts to spin just stay cool and DONT roll off. Keep consistent throttle and the tire will stop spinning on its own. I had a lot of spinnin goin on during my endurance race and I feel so much more confident about spinning up the rear tire.

We were in the bad luck paddock cuz all most if not all of the crashes Friday were from people in out pits. There was an R6 that wrecked and it looked like someone had taken a knife and just cut diagonally across the bike . Literally the top half of the bike was missing! The tank, the subframe, even the carbs fell off!! It did not look good at all but thankfully the guy was ok.

People just had it out for my to make me fall . I rode off the track about 3 or 4 times because people were crashin right in front of me! I almost T-boned arturo when he went down cuz I was watchin his riding and was right behind him. Then some dude's muffler fell off right in front of me on one of the fastest parts of the track and I didnt know which way the thing was gonna bounce so I just went right and hope it didnt hit me. I had a few others that I cant recall at this time but it wasss craaazy . I think I spent most my time showing people and riding with them than actually tryin to haul myself. All in all it was defenitely a hot day and I got to work on a couple things that made me better and prepared me for my race weekend right:
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 12:50 AM   #33
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capafool
Wait Wait Wait I forgot to talk about Track Day!*

It was good helpin some of you out on your lines and showing you some of mine. Arturo you looked good out there position wise but you just need to work on those lines a bit more.* No problem tho, we can help yah out.* right:* I havent seen that Vid but basically what happened is you had too little of patch for too much throttle and you spun out the back and when you did you freaked and let it go and the tire gripped and launched you.* If there's anything ive learned from this weekend about spinning tires is that when it starts to spin just stay cool and DONT roll off.* Keep consistent throttle and the tire will stop spinning on its own.* I had a lot of spinnin goin on during my endurance race and I feel so much more confident about spinning up the rear tire.*

We were in the bad luck paddock cuz all most if not all of the crashes Friday were from people in out pits.* There was an R6 that wrecked and it looked like someone had taken a knife and just cut diagonally across the bike* .* Literally the top half of the bike was missing!* The tank, the subframe, even the carbs fell off!!* It did not look good at all but thankfully the guy was ok.*

People just had it out for my to make me fall* .* I rode off the track about 3 or 4 times because people were crashin right in front of me!* I almost T-boned arturo when he went down cuz I was watchin his riding and was right behind him.* Then some dude's muffler fell off right in front of me on one of the fastest parts of the track and I didnt know which way the thing was gonna bounce so I just went right and hope it didnt hit me.* I had a few others that I cant recall at this time but it wasss craaazy* .* I think I spent most my time showing people and riding with them than actually tryin to haul myself. All in all it was defenitely a hot day and I got to work on a couple things that made me better and prepared me for my race weekend* right:
i think what happened is that i gave it too much gas as i started to bring the bike upright, that when i had more contact patch on the ground it gripped and just bucked me off. i remember fish tailing to the left and being in control (or on the bike still) the all of a sudden being thrown off towards the front of the bike. i was in 3rd gear and turn 3 is a fast turn where i was hanging off the bike alot.

i learned my lesson on using smoother throttle control in 3rd gear the hard way but the bike finally felt comfortable after riding with a newly tuned suspension the whole morning right:
Old 08-01-2005, 01:21 AM   #34
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

FYI the pics are up from the track day

www.fasttrackimages.com
Old 08-01-2005, 06:52 AM   #35
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

i'll have my pics up soon,,, from Friday... i have some really nice stuff guys, wanna buy some ??? Teresa says i need to start selling these things
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:41 AM   #36
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Arturo, glad to hear you're o.k.! I had to leave midday to take care of the shoop but they told me about your crash when i got back. Remember: Advil is your friend!! If you need anything give me a call.
The weekend went well for us; Although 's (our F2 endurance team) DNF'd in the endurance due to mechanical problems, the sprint side of it went well with Brandon taking 3 firsts and a 2nd and Ronnie taking a 1st and two 2nds, Bill did well with a 4th in SSB and even turning a 1:47.4 in the process!
Congrats to everyone that raced / did the track day!!

Patrick

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:27 AM   #37
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

thanks for all your help Patrick..
Old 08-01-2005, 10:49 AM   #38
speedismo
OCD for speed

congratz people!! I too came in for a couple of hours to check out the action on Sun but I dont know anybody by face..except Henry from photoshoot.. and the stupid me had forgotten to take anybody's no., otherwise wld have dropped by to say hi and cheers!

I did bump into Patrick while asking people where the snack bar was though congratz to u and ur team Patrick..that 1.47 is the best time at TWS (Texas World Speedway) that I have heard on this forum till now.

and Bubba thanks for the directions man.. that 1774 and 105 let me do some GOOD SPEEDS

Old 08-01-2005, 01:14 PM   #39
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

congrats to team provnov and gianni for posting up some good laptimes this weekend...

and for those who missed my homer simpson-esk 'WOOHOO!' in the paddocks, i finally finally beat my old lap record of 2:12...
on friday i recorded a new personal best time of 2:07!*

annnnd to boot i've got two witnesses!... carbonr1 was fricken right on my sliding that 636 around like a pro and steveo chap was riding sweeper - and hung w/us for a good while but then got caught behind a couple of rolling roadblocks in 'b'... (sadly there were about four or five of those out there on friday)...* :eh:

meh - not too bad for a 240lb rider on a 520 lb bike, eh?...**

anybody wanna hit the gym up with me... if i can lose 40 lbs - i'm so gonna own gianni... seriously j/k...*

anyways, here are the pics...* :icon_smile:

Race weekend results 7/29-7/31Race weekend results 7/29-7/31

Old 08-01-2005, 01:17 PM   #40
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

i think you may have been in trouble had i been on the R1,, but i had a blast on the 636. I want one,,, i'm thinkin of trading the R1 for the 636....