Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2005, 10:53 AM   #1
a.k.a Dos Equis
Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Katy Freeway changes

Best Regards Team:

For all you that use the I-10 Katy Freeway

From the Chron:

July 29, 2005, 12:20AM

Katy Freeway changes
Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

Traffic will be shifted this weekend onto newly constructed westbound lanes of the Katy Freeway at its interchange with the Sam Houston Tollway.

The interchange is being rebuilt as part of a $2.4 billion project to widen the freeway. The traffic shift will require the closure of several ramps from 9 tonight to 5 a.m. Monday.

During that time, westbound freeway entrances at Gessner and Wilcrest will be closed, requiring motorists to travel nearly three miles to Kirkwood to enter the freeway.

After the changeover, traffic from the tollway will enter the westbound freeway lanes from the left, instead of from the usual right. Traffic from the westbound freeway will exit left, not right, to reach the tollway. That means tollway traffic will enter the westbound freeway on the fast-lane side, requiring special care. However, project consultant Raquelle Wooten said the entering traffic will have its own lane and will not be forced to merge rapidly.

The arrangement is similar to that used for traffic exiting from a High Occupancy Vehicle lane into the freeway, she said.

b close

For information, visit
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 12:19 PM   #2
Dumb Gook
Feedback Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to TooBuku
Re: Katy Freeway changes

When ever i'm really old I-10 will be the super highway it always should have been.
Team BLT.
TooBuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 11:20 PM   #3

01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom

they are apparantly making it 10 lanes I think.. but you know construction in Houston..i believe that time of completion is scheduled for 2096... (if they are on schedule)
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 09:23 PM   #4

2001 R6 Champions Edition (Sold)

can someone tell me what changes are being made on 45?
SE_Ryder122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 09:29 PM   #5
Seņor Esmooth...not rich

man, by the time they finish they will have to restart construction to accomodate new traffic, Houston's growing to fast!
Scientific name - 'Noobus Squidus'
Make the Track your local backroad
j14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:18 AM   #6
QuePaso Racing

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool

the city workers and engineers just lke to break that has nothing wrong with it. Like them reconstructing the downtown area. THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH IT! But noooo they have to go spend out tax money to fix something thats not broken.
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 10:11 AM   #7
lean with it

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 6

05 636 track

i hate I 10 with a passion.
05cbreezy636 is offline   Reply With Quote