MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2007, 12:41 AM   #1
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

ASI / PP1 Tonight

Went for an evening stroll on 2 wheels. Thought, OK, ASI, haven't been there in a few months. Dead. Only one car, no bikes, and a cop. So over to PP1. 3 bikes. Nice guys. 1 more rolls in from Sealy! No hating security or anything, so we chill for one or two minutes.

Ot's dead so the 5 of us decide to go for a relaxed ride. I guess this is the other 3 guy's 2nd lap out of there tonight. We pull out, u-turn at Westheimer, right onto 610 feerder at very moderate pace, spaced out, no drama. Out of nowhere an HPD car pulls out of the Shell station in front of us, almost cutting off the first two bikes, who, I think, were just about to hit the gas to get on the highway. The cop is frantically yelling out the window, "stop, pull over, stop, pull over" at the 3 guys in front of me. So everyone in front of me pulls over.

I have no idea what happened from there on out. I didn't stick around. Nor did I disobey any orders fro the officer. I simply turned in the Shell behind the officer, rolled around at 3 mph, and left, at 5 under the speed limit. If those other guys got heat for incorrectly mounted plates, incorrect lighting, or whatever else the cop could clearly see, I'm sorry for them, and sorry I couldn't stick around to get my fair share of bogus tickets as well. I just bought my bike and had nothing on me, no wallet, no cell phone, no insurance card, nothing. Just out for a slow cruise around the neighborhood. I figured spending 2.5 minutes at PP1 in the last 3 months weren't worth dealing with that asshat's bullshit.

So if you were with me, and I left you hanging, sorry. And to everyone else, the heat is on out there. Sucks really, cause all I want to do is ride.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone riding to pp1 or asi tonight? NewRider Events, Meets and Rides 2 08-19-2010 04:13 AM
Katy/Sw Ridin to PP1 and ASI tonight? JD9871 Events, Meets and Rides 25 10-08-2009 11:26 AM
4/1 pp1 and asi gsxrcrashdummy Events, Meets and Rides 22 04-02-2009 07:45 PM
any1 goin to ASI tonight?or perhaps pp1? Datfreakmo281 Events, Meets and Rides 4 11-19-2008 08:52 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2007, 12:47 AM   #2
1SMAR

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
R6

Send a message via AIM to 1SMAR Send a message via Yahoo to 1SMAR
hey man, thanks for the heads up! I live in the med center too! I'm really starting to hate bacon!
1SMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:03 AM   #3
Spanish Fly
Take me drunk, I'm home!!

Bike(s):
2003 SV650s (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SMAR View Post
hey man, thanks for the heads up! I live in the med center too! I'm really starting to hate bacon!
yeah but you still like the sausage
Spanish Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:27 AM   #4
1SMAR

Bike(s):
R6

Send a message via AIM to 1SMAR Send a message via Yahoo to 1SMAR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Fly View Post
yeah but you still like the sausage
and you still like little boys!
1SMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 02:47 AM   #5
Stacy
One day at a time!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
99 Ninja 250
04 Honda f4i

, guess I'm just extremely lucky. I was up at PP1 last night, no security but as the night got later I saw quite a few cops stop in, looked at the bike, smiled and kept walkin. On the ride home I passed a few of them on 610 @ about 80 and not even so much as a hassle to catch up and check my plate. I love HPD!!
Old 09-13-2007, 07:50 AM   #6
AznGoneNuts

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
06 R6

Send a message via AIM to AznGoneNuts
i haven't rode around in months, because of the stories i hear about cops just pulling random people over for a check up. i got nothing to hide and everything is legit, but if you get pulled over by the wrong cop thats having a bad day he'll write up a ticket for the smallest thing EX: (dirt on a license plate)
Old 09-13-2007, 08:15 AM   #7
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

Hmm a bit off topic I know where PP1 is I have been there a few time but what is the address? the exact physical address anybody? thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznGoneNuts View Post
i haven't rode around in months, because of the stories i hear about cops just pulling random people over for a check up. i got nothing to hide and everything is legit, but if you get pulled over by the wrong cop thats having a bad day he'll write up a ticket for the smallest thing EX: (dirt on a license plate)
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:51 AM   #8
rick
R.I.P. "B"

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
o5 gsxr 750

cops arent too bad, i was riding down gessner near bellaire, and was going kinda paced, and when i pulled into the apartments, i see the lights flashing at the entrance and i thought oh tickets so i got off the bike and walked into the aprtment, and then i was like screw it so i went back out there and saw the copper looking for my bike and i still had my jacket on and he got out of his car all gung ho and says " any reason you're riding so fast?" i said no i didnt realize it.he says" you know how fast you were goinig?" i said like 40- 45, he said "no", so i daid 50? he said "no, 90". i said oh,then he said " you know the speed limit,?" i said no, then he said"35,if i see you out here doing that again ill give you a ticket,i patrol this area so ill be looking,and nice bike" so i said o,k, sir,sorry bout that, then he got in his car and left. so it was cool.
rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:04 PM   #9
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

One in a huundred chance I'd get let off for 90 anywhere near PP1. One of the other guys is on this board, who got pulled over. Turned out they were cited for running the red light the corner of Westheimer / 610 feeder. I guess we were all guilty as none of us did a foot down stop before going right on red. He ticketed the first two bikes, seems pretty unfair to get only 2 out of a pack of 5. cops. Not like a bike is gonna turn in front of a car.....
Old 09-13-2007, 09:04 PM   #10
Cody_Rules
this.

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
650r nekkid

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Cody_Rules
i was at pp1 about 12:45ish and it was dead empty (bikewise)
Old 09-13-2007, 09:11 PM   #11
DANtheMan.
Chicks dig scars!

Experience: 2 years

06 crf250

Send a message via AIM to DANtheMan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznGoneNuts View Post
Holy t for real!!!!! :/: makes not want to ride me = no license nor insurance

im just another NEWB SqUiDnAsTy...
DANtheMan. is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement