MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2007, 08:27 PM   #1
Jason_Canuck

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
A black one
and a red one

Possible re-location to Freeport Area

I have been offered a transfer to the Freeport area, and I would like some suggestions on what are considered the better towns for both schools and real estate. Ideally, looking for small acreage 10-20 acres with good high school in district. I'm willing to commute up to 45 minutes (more time on the bike). I've heard Sweeny has good schools, but also that Lake Jackson is a nice place to live. Any recommendations on some other areas to look at?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Freeport Tx Tut Off Topic 22 07-02-2012 10:53 AM
good route to freeport? hjl47 Events, Meets and Rides 6 03-10-2011 10:12 PM
Help Need a ride from Freeport to Pasadena evobusa7 Off Topic 24 01-22-2009 12:23 PM
if riding from angleton, freeport, etc.. Azylum Events, Meets and Rides 1 06-15-2007 09:11 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2007, 08:41 PM   #2
maskale

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR Trackbike
2007 Warrior Midnight

Freeport is OK and has a new school, but I would not live there.

Lake Jackson is bigger and has the stores and resturants, cost of living will be higher, more property tax and cost of housing is higher.

If you want acreage then just check outside of town, from the middle of town you can be in the country in 10 minutes. Lake Jackson, Richwood, Clute and Freeport all kind of flow together, you dont know where one ends and the other starts. Over all the order that I gave the towns is the order that I would live in them with Richwood and Clute being close.

You going to work at DOW? Freeport is where the chemical plants are, closer to the Gulf and floods when a Tropical Storm hits.
maskale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:44 PM   #3
maskale

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR Trackbike
2007 Warrior Midnight

Angleton is a small town north of Freeport off of Hwy 288. 18-20K people live in Angleton last I knew and is about 30 min from Freeport during commute hours.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:49 PM   #4
maskale

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR Trackbike
2007 Warrior Midnight

I would not go with Sweeny, only been through there a few times and did not see anything that impressed me, but dont take my word for it.

10-20 acres, I know of land for sale just out side of Angleton, in the country but only 5 minutes from walmart, and maybe 10 minutes from the high school.

Brazoria is west of lake jackson, small town, you could find some acreage out there.

Jones Creek is another even smaller town out in the country, probably about 15 min from freeport.

and lots of area all in between that you could get land.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:34 PM   #5
Jason_Canuck

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
A black one
and a red one

Yes, it's with Dow. I currently work for them in Seadrift (2 hours away). I'll have to look into Richwood as I've never heard that area mentioned before. Lake Jackson is the popular choice from those at work I've talked to, but I prefer a little privacy. I've also got to consider what school district pays the best as my wife is an elementary teacher. Angleton is always an option and close to MSRH.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:20 AM   #6
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

I have a buddy in Sweeny, if you like the small town life, thats the place to go. I grew up in a small town like that, and they have a lot in common. He actually grew up there, moved to the city, got married, had a baby, and went back. Good town to live in. Can't tell you about the property though.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement