MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2007, 12:36 AM   #41
dirtyrice411
Staying Stoned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
03 R1 Limited Edition.

Send a message via AIM to dirtyrice411
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrave View Post
LOL... what do you mean? dude he TEACHES msf... he knows EVERYTHING. If he says it, it must be true.

look, everyone knows if you stroke a cops overblown ego by "yes office of course office I'm so sorry officer please and thank you officer" then it may not reduce your chances of getting a ticket, but it will probably improve the treatment you get from the officer.

The problem is that my experience with cops is that at least 50% of the time they have a chip on their shoulder the size of rhode island, they are usually pretty low intelligence and appear to be unable to reason correctly, they take any attempt to disagree with them as a challenge to their authority, and they abuse their authority by misrepresenting the law, making inappropriate comments and threats, and outright lying.
Cops are not ****ing superheros. They are regular people who got an associate degree and joined the force.

There is nothing about the job of a cop that means I should have to treat them with more respect than I treat my own father (someone who has EARNED my respect). I should be allowed to disagree with a cop, and if he tries to manipulate me with lies I shouldn't have to play along and suck to stay out of jail and stay in his good graces.

The fact is, most cops that DEMAND unearned respect for the badge from people who are doing nothing wrong are the same cops that erode peoples trust in the police and make the public wary of LEOs in the first place.

Do cops have a tough job? probably. but they signed on for that . Do they have authority and should they be allowed to act on it? yes, but there are ways to do so without abusing that authority. Are there good cops out there? Yes, I know there are. And you know what? The good cops treat YOU with respect and they get the same in return.
Its like I've always said, if youre an , everyone is going to treat you like an .
And the cop in the video was an if I've ever seen one.
very well put. I know a couple of very nice cops, I show them respect they have more than earned. but i know cops that swear you up and down and treat you like a piece of , and if you don't treat them like gold they WILL take you to jail. Im not big and Im not bad but I am smart enough to know that we are all the same no one is above one another, and I will not stand down while someone tries to overpower me. I fight for my rights cause it is my life, we all die and i want the best life i can live. for sure some cop isn't going to take advantage of me.... and get away with it.
dirtyrice411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HPD officer in trouble for online hate campaigns against bikers Slywheel2 General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 03-28-2011 08:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2007, 12:59 AM   #42
Spanish Fly
Take me drunk, I'm home!!

Bike(s):
2003 SV650s (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
so who keeps video camera's mounted in their car? why?

who goes to commuter parking lots after hours to park

you look for trouble you'll find it.
well even cops need to be looked upon on the way they handle their job. as you can see, the cop was gonna wrongfully accuse this guy so thank he had the video. could have been you................MSF?
Spanish Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:13 AM   #43
andrave

cops have video cameras in their cars to protect them.
should citizens not be allowed the same privilege?

As many a cop has said "its my word versus yours" and in a court of law an officers word is too often taken as fact.

A good cop wouldn't care if he was being videotaped. He would do everything correctly, professionally, and politely, adhering to the rules and guidelines of his profession, as he should always do, camera or not.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:22 AM   #44
josh302

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
now josh...you know what we say about talking bad about cops here
:dontknow: I was was talking about my ipswitch ws-ftp pro software(file transfer protocall), what are you talking about?
Old 09-12-2007, 02:22 AM   #45
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrave View Post
cops have video cameras in their cars to protect them.
should citizens not be allowed the same privilege?

As many a cop has said "its my word versus yours" and in a court of law an officers word is too often taken as fact.

A good cop wouldn't care if he was being videotaped. He would do everything correctly, professionally, and politely, adhering to the rules and guidelines of his profession, as he should always do, camera or not.
Couldn't agree with u more. I feel it's our duty as citizens to report ANY unprofessionalism we experience from LEO'S.

I hate to be ridiculous with it, but movies like "training Day" r a perfect example of why we need to be mindful of the LAWFUL do's and dont's of the LEO's that r ACCEPTABLE. Some on a power trip takes it to far and videos like this is what u get.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:24 AM   #46
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

lol..........movies compared to real life.......thats great. if that were the case we'd all ride around in gangs and drop our sidestands down in unison.........

GO BIKERBOYZ!

it;s funny, when i used to run w/ the squid groups outta JCI, i used to get pulled over all the time (never had a prob) now that i've stopped running w/ the crowd, my stops are now nill..........coincidence?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:10 AM   #47
sillywabbit

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Firebolt

Member Garage

It's also our duty to obey the laws, and how many of us have a lead foot on our bkes?

The cop was wrong, no doubt about it, but how would that conversation have gone if say, the guy merely responded nicely (not kissing @, or bending over like you all seem to think merely stating 'waiting for a friend' seems to be such a big effort)

We can all agree there are bad cops out there. I'd say about as many in percentage as there are bad sportsbike riders.

Perception is reality right?
Old 09-12-2007, 11:26 AM   #48
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

I don't know about you guys...but I have never been harassed on my sportbike. I've never been pulled over on it or seen any one being harassed. But I know it happens. The small handfull of bad run ins with bad cops have been while traveling the country driving high profile muscians. Now take one instance...under current law...cops are not suppose to ask who is on board the bus...cops will be until they find out who it is...When I worked for clay walker one of his friends was a U.S. marshall. My other driver got pulled over by a cop who just wanted to know who was on the bus and was quickly set in place by the us marshall on board. I have several more stories I could tell but would lead to long reads. I guess there are a few people that still believe that rodney king got what was coming to him and the cops were in the right?
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:39 AM   #49
Karen
Failure is not an option

Bike(s):
03 r6 limited edition/???

Send a message via Yahoo to Karen
i think we should all drive around w cameras
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:50 AM   #50
issanni
assfault

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via MSN to issanni Send a message via Yahoo to issanni
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/19/1961.asp

Video with transcript. Ok, so the driver was a bit of a , but that cop doesn't need to be out on the streets in a uniform.

cop definately needs to have some sort of punishment for that.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:58 AM   #51
CalamariKid

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 FZ1, 1995 R1100GS, 2008 WR450F

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh302 View Post
File Transfer Protocall

+1, what a psycho
CalamariKid is offline   Reply With Quote