MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2007, 11:37 PM   #41
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrave View Post
eh as unromantic as hitting a guardrail at 90mph sounds, I'd take it over wearing dentures and depends and watching my wife and my friends die around me and waiting to get cancer so I could finally die too.

not saying I hope to die young, i'm just saying its not the worst thing for some people.
You say that now because you're not there yet. This is like deja vu for me, with all this type of talk. Your perspective will likely change as you get progressively older and wiser.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"I guess I lost my virginity to a dead corpse." Bevo Off Topic 14 10-14-2014 09:25 AM
"Fast Five" Midnight release, Silverado 19 TheVirus Events, Meets and Rides 3 04-29-2011 09:32 AM
Code word ... "Rebalance" ... I guess redistribution is passe ... logan5 Off Topic 1 03-25-2009 09:56 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2007, 11:37 PM   #42
kraelo
Love Breaks up Families

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
spoken like a person that knows about harleys.
I have a 2007 harley, i've had multiple harleys ranging from an old 1952 shovelhead ... oldest bike i've ever owned is an old dirt track racer from 1920s

I go to Sturgis every year but this one, my father raised me on harley's

first time I ever went to the hospital was because I burned my leg on his exhaust pipe, he rode me to and from the hospital on that bike.

In my 20 years I have never not been around a harley, my father is 51 years old and has owned a harley for 37 years of his life ...

i know a bit, and it was a joke about the reliability .. btw

-daniel
Dear Friend, First i must solicit for your strictest confidence in this transaction and I pray that my decision to contact you will be given genuine approval considering the fact that we have not know each other before. Your urgent response is highly needed. -Kraelo
kraelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:12 AM   #43
andrave

Feedback Rating: (0)

lol yeah because a ****ing helmet is gonna protect your spine.

like my dad said, its not like riding with a helmet on makes motorcycle riding safe. it just prevents head injuries. 83% of fatalities that ocurred without a helmet, the rider would have died anyway.
so, IMO, you should be allowed to KNOW the risks and chose accordingly, its not like it hurts anyone but yourself. thats why TX adopts the MSF rule... MSF teaches you that you should ride with a helmet so that you can ignore them and ride without it.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:23 AM   #44
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraelo View Post
I have a 2007 harley, i've had multiple harleys ranging from an old 1952 shovelhead ... oldest bike i've ever owned is an old dirt track racer from 1920s

I go to Sturgis every year but this one, my father raised me on harley's

first time I ever went to the hospital was because I burned my leg on his exhaust pipe, he rode me to and from the hospital on that bike.

In my 20 years I have never not been around a harley, my father is 51 years old and has owned a harley for 37 years of his life ...

i know a bit, and it was a joke about the reliability .. btw

-daniel
good it just pains me when i see people talking down harely and most of them just say they are unreliable cause their friends say they are. :/:

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:30 AM   #45
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
good it just pains me when i see people talking down harely and most of them just say they are unreliable cause their friends say they are. :/:
Ill step in and give my 2 cents...

50% of the harley riders i have known say thaey have NO out of the ordinary problems...

then again, they other 50% leak oil, break down... etc just like the stigma suggests... so, I unno.

The drag races at angleton a few weeks back backs this up... almost ALL harley bikes(there was alot of em) had some type of problem on the track( 12 were kicked off the track for leaking oil, 50% of them didnt run right as they made passes down the track...one or 2 broke down, and the remianing few made decent passes...

NOT ONE bike had issues.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:44 AM   #46
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

thought this was a thread about accident stats, not HD/ bike reliability....../shrug
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:21 AM   #47
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
thought this was a thread about accident stats, not HD/ bike reliability....../shrug
yea, solracer got off topic, but he's already been banned so what to do now :/:
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:20 PM   #48
andrave

titty pics?

Advertisement