MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2007, 09:45 AM   #1
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
High Roller Racing thanks....

High Roller Racing would like to thank our riders for doing an awesome job. We crashed a lot, but we picked ourselves back up and still hauled out there. Tom Anderson for riding with me and todd (Pre-k), and doing a GREAT JOB not crashing like we did . And to save the best for last......we would like to thank MOTORCYCLES UNLIMITED for getting our bike ready to roll in such short notice.

It was our first race with TMGP, and we had a blast out there. We ended up taking 4th place in Lightweight Novice. Looking forward to a podium next round through!!!

Congrats to Mad Cow Disease and Que Pa-Slow for taking 2nd and 3rd

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roller Derby Scatter Off Topic 63 08-04-2009 10:03 PM
high roller racing pics houseofpaint Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 37 10-04-2007 04:17 PM
High Roller Racing is off to Oak Hill.... houseofpaint Taking it to the Track 30 10-01-2007 04:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2007, 09:52 AM   #2
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

congrats guys. Everyone did good. Maybe next time we'll do a little better.

We need MOTOR in a real bad way!!!

our newly built by M-U motor did excellent throughout the whole race, not one issue at all. Nothing less could be expected.

We'd also like to thank all of our sponsors, TMGP, and and Gulf Coast Karters for allowing TMGP racers to be the first ones on the new track layout. Hopefully we didn't tear up the track too bad..

, i'm sore today. 2 lowsides, 1 highside and some tore up toes from shifting soooo much. I need some new boots!
CarbonJames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:05 AM   #3
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Thanks for lettin' us ride your scooter Tony!!!

I had a frikkin' ball... even crashing was kinda fun... and it was (relatively) cheap!
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:56 AM   #4
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
You guys looked great out there. Was very impressed by all the MH teams.
Seeing you guys ride has inspired me to push myself to get well and hopefully make a race or two by the end of the season.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:53 PM   #5
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

We managed to make it to practice and realize in the pits our YXR intake boot had cracked from some joker putting a foam filter on the carb while it was away from us. We patched it up, and found the tank was ripped from the mount, evidence it was crashed while away. Patched that and found the wiring was grounding to the frame, having been secured with zipp ites while away. Patched that and found the tires were at 9 PSI. Aired em up and fouund the oil was 1 quart overfilled while away. Drained that and found the fork seals were leaking bad probably from being wheelied while away. Cleaned the front rotor and rim and found the safety wire was off a couple of key spots, probably where the oil was added or drained while away. Wired that and found the clutch cable out of adjustment. Fixed that and finally starting circulating at 1:50 PM. Slowly lapped in practice just to feel out the new track layout. It was darn hot. I was wiped after just practicing 20 or 30 laps. Track was slick in spots, sticky in others, and a bit unpredictable. Went home, went to bed for an hour, woke up not sore. Sold the Ninja 250, took the kids to the Dynamo soccer game. What a great day of racing. Didn't even think about going back today.

I can't wait until the next race. Maybe we'll actually prepare this time.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:29 PM   #6
jimmy"zx6
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2005 kawasaki 636,2004 zx10r

User is banned

jimmy"zx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:26 PM   #7
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Member Garage

Looong one here:

First, props to Tony and Todd, who were [MotoGP announcer voice]ab-so-loot-ly flying [/MotoGP announcer voice]!

Really big thanks to Tony, who let me ride with him even though I was "recuperating" still. The "demons" have been following me since the crash. I finally found my confidence (about 90% of it) late in the race and started carrying some corner speed. Good thing it was then too, because the track finally came in late in the race. Thanks Tony!

Special props to Pre-K's SO for taking some awesome pics too! I can't wait to see them!

For those who didn't know, Tony was running in the 56's in his last stint, picked up two spots for us, and didn't crash as much as he's letting on. For reference, the class leaders were running 54's and 53's. Todd was flying too, and I think he and Tony were having a little grudge match to see who could knock who's fastest lap down first!

Good racing all around. 'Twas great to see all the MH'Ride Smart out there in force! I think we made up 1/3 of the grid!
Good to see Gavin, Mike H, Patricia, Moody, E-rock (swift-e) and his triumphant return (passed me a few times I think...), Cliff, Moe (hope you're healing up fast and the foot isn't as bad as first though), Carlos, Henry ("The Hand"), Gianni (he and Carlos were flying out there too), JonEric, James... , I hope I'm not missing anyone!

Anyway, I feel a lot better, and my confidence is building. All I need now is a good track day tomorrow and I may be up to 95% by the last event at TWS (Texas World Speedway)!

It's a coming from a big wreck, healing for several months, getting on to a new bike, and then trying to fight confidence issues (talking about my GSXR, not the mini). I have never had to do that before, and have always been able to get right back on the track after crashes. I don't like that, so I don't think I'll try to do it any more!

Luck to Henry and Moe', heal up quick!
Old 09-09-2007, 06:53 PM   #8
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Luck to Henry and Moe', heal up quick!
+1, same goes to Erik. Let us know what the doc says on Monday... One tough guy, racing with a broken ankle.

Our team, the Sitting Ducks placed 5th, I think the 2-men team Gavin and Mike (Skid and mhutch) finished a lap after High Holler Racing, which isn't bad for their first race.

The bike has no suspension mods and regular streettires (16"), so after this weekend, we definitely know to work on mods and different rims/wheels over the winter! Hopefully, our bikes will be as nice as Tony's next year. Tony, your bike looked great out there. Very nice bike. Easy to spot too!

Congrats to everyone else for their finishes and it was definitely a lot of fun seeing everyone again and run their hearts out. What a blast! I know I had fun, and I was just watching...
Old 09-09-2007, 07:30 PM   #9
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Congrats guys! Wish I could have been there with you! Next time!
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:26 PM   #10
MadseasoN

Had a blast this weekend. All of the MH teams did well. Most were within 1-2 laps of each other for the first hour.

Our rear shock blew halfway during the race and we were left riding on the spring only. Hence the infamous dribbling motion of the rear wheel!
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:33 PM   #11
Swift E

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
Had a blast this weekend. All of the MH teams did well. Most were within 1-2 laps of each other for the first hour.

Our rear shock blew halfway during the race and we were left riding on the spring only. Hence the infamous dribbling motion of the rear wheel!
You really think that back end was bouncing? J/K
Sorry to hear about the shock but watching you guys hop around each corner, I knew something was up.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:37 PM   #12
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift E View Post
You really think that back end was bouncing? J/K
Sorry to hear about the shock but watching you guys hop around each corner, I knew something was up.
It was vibrating jus' a little.

It was scary to watch, even more scary to ride. The bouncing actually broke two spokes so I'm gonna have to replace them before the next race (with HD's). It didn't phase Rick though ... he rode like there was no problem.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:40 PM   #13
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
It was vibrating jus' a little.

It was scary to watch, even more scary to ride. The bouncing actually broke two spokes so I'm gonna have to replace them before the next race (with HD's). It didn't phase Rick though ... he rode like there was no problem.
you guys really kicked but considering that problem. that bike is fast on the top end and strong as heck on the bottom, i was really suprised!

you two rode 1 helluva race!
CarbonJames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:01 PM   #14
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia View Post
+1, same goes to Erik. Let us know what the doc says on Monday... One tough guy, racing with a broken ankle.

Our team, the Sitting Ducks placed 5th, I think the 2-men team Gavin and Mike (Skid and mhutch) finished a lap after High Holler Racing, which isn't bad for their first race.

The bike has no suspension mods and regular streettires (16"), so after this weekend, we definitely know to work on mods and different rims/wheels over the winter! Hopefully, our bikes will be as nice as Tony's next year. Tony, your bike looked great out there. Very nice bike. Easy to spot too!

Congrats to everyone else for their finishes and it was definitely a lot of fun seeing everyone again and run their hearts out. What a blast! I know I had fun, and I was just watching...
thanks patricia...the bike is very nice to ride...but i think we're gonna have to do something about the front end, it was nose diving at every break point. crazy feeling.

i didn't know gavin was the sitting ducks ....LOVE the duck on the tail you two were lookin great out there as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1 View Post
you guys really kicked but considering that problem. that bike is fast on the top end and strong as heck on the bottom, i was really suprised!

you two rode 1 helluva race!
most definately....i was like, holy chit.....they are pulling away from me QUICK on the straights. (not as fast as the 2 smokes, but it was pretty fast)

great job everyone. can't wait til the next run through.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:09 PM   #15
mhutch

Bike(s):
too many

Hey everyone. I had a blast riding with Sittin Duck racing. Crashed on the first lap of practice and twice during the race. Had a very relaxing day today doing nothing. Thanks Gavin for letting me tear up your bike (I like to think of it as breaking in). Thanks also to the fast guys that didn't run me off the track to pass and the slow guys that didn't block for no reason. And to the guys who were just as fast as me thanks also for some fun racing....
mhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:37 PM   #16
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

if I would have squeezed the duck, would it have squeaked? i thought about it...

it was fun being out there with all of you...Tony, that bike pulled away from me on the staights big time.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:45 PM   #17
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
03' 600RR, 05' CR125, 88'NSR 250

LMAO, good to find problem, aftermath!
I'll I do is ride, Dennis is the Mad behind the Season!
Good to have the fun we did out there! Nut missed out.
All teams looked good out there!
Den, were you able to make the sprints?
Old 09-10-2007, 10:05 AM   #18
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnanas View Post
if I would have squeezed the duck, would it have squeaked? i thought about it...

No, it doesn't.

Now we just have to teach the riders NOT to kick it off or hit it with when getting off and on. (and I don't want to mention any names specifically!)
Old 09-10-2007, 10:09 AM   #19
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
thanks patricia...the bike is very nice to ride...but i think we're gonna have to do something about the front end, it was nose diving at every break point. crazy feeling.
What front end did you put on it?
Old 09-10-2007, 10:09 AM   #20
Skid

Bike(s):
CBR600RR

I had a great time too. I am a little banged up after 2 low sides and a semi high side(it tossed me up in the air, but not over the other side of the bike). I am having to type with one had since it hurts a little after being run over (possible by Tom, I'm not sure) after I tucked the frount around the first hour mark.

I am a little disappointed in the bike though, esp the tires. I am going to have to do some tire suspension mods to help in the corners. That was our biggest weakness.

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
Skid is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement