MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2005, 10:44 PM   #41
j14
Seņor Esmooth...not rich

Feedback Rating: (0)

Re: I know it's a little early, but 09/05/05

lol...chu kno
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ASI 05-27-09 lil_red_rider Stunters Lounge 4 05-30-2009 12:35 PM
Ridesmart Trackday @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) 09.05.05 OutlawDCustoMs Events, Meets and Rides 11 08-09-2005 11:04 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2005, 01:05 AM   #42
OutlawDCustoMs
Mr Professional

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

02' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
04' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' CMRA #328 (sold)

Send a message via AIM to OutlawDCustoMs

wuts up with that spanish , i only supervised jk, it's kinda hard to have 3 ppl work on something that only 2 ppl could even fit their hands on
Old 08-02-2005, 03:08 PM   #43
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawDCustoMs
wuts up with that spanish , i only supervised jk, it's kinda hard to have 3 ppl work on something that only 2 ppl could even fit their hands on
I have no idea what you're talkin about :dontknow: . I just replied to what J said. Work on what?
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 05:11 PM   #44
j14
Seņor Esmooth...not rich

Quote:
excuses, excuses... :laughing6: hopefully you can get that bike running soon tho
Old 08-03-2005, 03:43 PM   #45
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Need some help wrenching or something?
actually yes i do
I think you have my number... give me a ring... or let me know when on here with a PM.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 03:52 PM   #46
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Need some help wrenching or something?
actually yes i do
I think you have my number... give me a ring... or let me know when on here with a PM.
do you have the parts yet syd? moody your in for a rude surprise
Old 08-03-2005, 04:35 PM   #47
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd

do you have the parts yet syd? moody your in for a rude surprise
lmao!! ....* *:laughing6:*

He wanted help changin the spools cuz he needed to use somethin to stand the bike with...

He forgot bikes come with kickstands.
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Old 08-03-2005, 06:33 PM   #48
j14
Seņor Esmooth...not rich

He forgot bikes come with kickstands.* *
:laughing6: the worst part is that these bikes come from asia...it's like he doesn't know his product :dontknow:
Old 08-03-2005, 07:04 PM   #49
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j14

He forgot bikes come with kickstands.* *
:laughing6:* the worst part is that these bikes come from asia...it's like he doesn't know his product* :dontknow:
:laughing6:
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
Old 08-04-2005, 02:24 AM   #50
OutlawDCustoMs
Mr Professional

02' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
04' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' CMRA #328 (sold)

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 08-04-2005, 07:38 AM   #51
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

syd, you can use my stand again if you need to,,
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:35 PM   #52
speedismo
OCD for speed

Quote:
that's sweet guys

if you've been to ridesmart add your name here:
1. syd
2. andy
3. james
4. jason moody
5. ???

if you're new to ridesmart add it here:
1. steve o chappper
2. big comfy (your name???)
3. petetlr
4. Kalkat
if you've been to ridesmart before, i'll try to get you off on a lap timer
if you're new, then i'll hook ya up with a t-shirt and possibly a hat

btw, the shirts from the last memorial day are being made, sorry it took so long, i still don't even have my DVD

come on guys, i know we got more going
also, for the ppl who need a ride there, i'll have my truck and a 3 bike enclosed trailer to pull 4 possibly 5 bikes there
guyz, I am adding up my name TENTATIVELY. I am a noob, as you know. have put around a 1000 mile in the last 20+days that I have had the bike. I am getting better than before, but still havent grown into the bike to hit track, I guess.
What do u guess would be the latest by when I wil have to either register, or drop the idea, bcos there always are more people interested than slots available.
I definitely want to do at least a couple of days this season. Maybe i can think about the late sept. kinda days if this one doesnt work for me.

Travelomy:Simplify your travel.
speedismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 08:56 AM   #53
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedismo
Quote:
that's sweet guys

if you've been to ridesmart add your name here:
1. syd
2. andy
3. james
4. jason moody
5. ???

if you're new to ridesmart add it here:
1. steve o chappper
2. big comfy (your name???)
3. petetlr
4. Kalkat
if you've been to ridesmart before, i'll try to get you off on a lap timer
if you're new, then i'll hook ya up with a t-shirt and possibly a hat

btw, the shirts from the last memorial day are being made, sorry it took so long, i still don't even have my DVD

come on guys, i know we got more going
also, for the ppl who need a ride there, i'll have my truck and a 3 bike enclosed trailer to pull 4 possibly 5 bikes there
guyz, I am adding up my name TENTATIVELY. I am a noob, as you know. have put around a 1000 mile* in the last 20+days that I have had the bike. I am getting better than before, but still havent grown into the bike to hit track, I guess.
What do u guess would be the latest by when I wil have to either register, or drop the idea, bcos there always are more people interested than slots available.
I definitely want to do at least a couple of days this season. Maybe i can think about the late sept. kinda days if this one doesnt work for me.
If you hook up with some of us at the track we could get you going in the right direction pretty quick for a level 1 day at the track. Body position will be the key thing. Then just lean. right:

You will be dragging knee by lunch.

Old 08-11-2005, 11:29 AM   #54
speedismo
OCD for speed

I definitely look forward to learning stuff from you guyz. I dont know if any track guyz come to the usual meets and rides, otherwise I ll come out more often and start some pre-track learning at least

Old 08-11-2005, 12:00 PM   #55
OutlawDCustoMs
Mr Professional

02' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
04' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' CMRA #328 (sold)

see, i'd say learn from me, but don't be stupid and push it as hard as i did in the mornin
Old 08-11-2005, 01:15 PM   #56
speedismo
OCD for speed

Quote:
see, i'd say learn from me, but don't be stupid and push it as hard as i did in the mornin
haha.. there is something to be learnt from everybody. from some wat to do, from some wat not to!!!

but , i dont get to do good speeds getting to work.. too many ppl, too many cops on the road that i need to take

Old 08-11-2005, 01:44 PM   #57
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedismo
Quote:
haha.. there is something to be learnt from everybody. from some wat to do, from some wat not to!!!

but , i dont get to do good speeds getting to work.. too many ppl, too many cops on the road that i need to take
Body position is what you need to know first. Work on that all morning and after lunch you will be turning some good speeds around the track and probably getting your knee down. After that work on setting your corner entry speed by just using the throttle and getting your throttle control down. Once you can do that work on getting your shifting correct. That includes cluthless shifting out of turns and engine braking for the turn. That shoud be plenty of things for your first trip out. If you get all that by the first session work on weighting the pegs, your lines and braking deeper and deeper and deeper.

and most of all Have Fun! right:

Old 08-12-2005, 12:46 AM   #58
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Quote:
body position is what you need to know first. Work on that all morning and after lunch you will be turning some good speeds around the track and probably getting your knee down. After that work on setting your corner entry speed by just using the throttle and getting your throttle control down. Once you can do that work on getting your shifting correct. That includes cluthless shifting out of turns and engine braking for the turn. That shoud be plenty of things for your first trip out. If you get all that by the first session work on weighting the pegs, your lines and braking deeper and deeper and deeper.

and most of all Have Fun!* right:
IMO this is too much to be grasping on the first time out. You need to first learn the track. One thing I did before I went out was I went onto the track website... texasworldspeedway.com and sketched a basic layout of the course. Of course this is nothign compared to when you're out there, but at least if you do this you will know which direction the next turn goes.

Then you first need to practice on that body position! As you do this you also want to practice setting some lines up. I think in a days worth THIS IS ALL YOU NEED! The rest of the (shifting... gears... braking... accelerating) all that other stuff can wait till you feel you're ready to move on. Also DO NOT get a hot head and think you're the and want to get the upper levels right off the bat because more often than not the ones that try to move up too fast at a pace they can't really hang with actually move up the slower. If you feel good about your riding, then perhaps you may want to try a higher level next time out. If you're a real badass you could even move up that same day, but this is NOT what you should be aiming for. Aim to learn first.. I suggest you attend the class. I think Scott and Jeremy (Instructors) do a good job of explaining how things are done and it really gives you something to think about when you're out on the track. Also watch them when they're around you and look at what they do. Ok enough for now. Hope this helps right:
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
Old 08-12-2005, 09:57 AM   #59
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capafool
Quote:
body position is what you need to know first. Work on that all morning and after lunch you will be turning some good speeds around the track and probably getting your knee down. After that work on setting your corner entry speed by just using the throttle and getting your throttle control down. Once you can do that work on getting your shifting correct. That includes cluthless shifting out of turns and engine braking for the turn. That shoud be plenty of things for your first trip out. If you get all that by the first session work on weighting the pegs, your lines and braking deeper and deeper and deeper.

and most of all Have Fun!* right:
IMO this is too much to be grasping on the first time out.* You need to first learn the track.* One thing I did before I went out was I went onto the track website... texasworldspeedway.com and sketched a basic layout of the course.* Of course this is nothign compared to when you're out there, but at least if you do this you will know which direction the next turn goes.*

Then you first need to practice on that body position!* As you do this you also want to practice setting some lines up.* I think in a days worth THIS IS ALL YOU NEED!* * The rest of the (shifting... gears...* braking... accelerating) all that other stuff can wait till you feel you're ready to move on.* Also DO NOT get a hot head and think you're the and want to get the upper levels right off the bat because more often than not the ones that try to move up too fast at a pace they can't really hang with actually move up the slower.* If you feel good about your riding, then perhaps you may want to try a higher level next time out.* If you're a real badass you could even move up that same day, but this is NOT what you should be aiming for.* Aim to learn first.. I suggest you attend the class.* I think Scott and Jeremy (Instructors) do a good job of explaining how things are done and it really gives you something to think about when you're out on the track.* Also watch them when they're around you and look at what they do.* Ok enough for now.* Hope this helps* right:
Oh definetly... all that was not nescesarilly meant for your first day out. I would probably spend my first day strictly working on body position and throttle control. I would not worry about lines and braking and stuff till you are riding with the B group. Throttle control will help you stay out of the trying to go to fast to soon highside situation. Then with that control you can get better with your lines and really chop off time on your laps. Afterwhich braking will be your key focus point. right:

.... and like our new Cafa said.... keep a cool head,be humble about it and mingle with some faster riders.

Old 08-12-2005, 10:45 AM   #60
speedismo
OCD for speed

yeah, i have been trying to do some ground work in my sparetime, about the track. let me upload those images.
so, can u tell me if I have the turn numbers the way u refer them to, bcos I think i have them termed them a lil differently.
The other image, I have tried marking the best lines, and the apexes(its all theoretically done, I have seen the track from outside, never been on it), based on the the way the turns looked to me. They might be VERY different in reality, I undestand.
I would not mind hearing about what you think about those lines and all :biggthumpup: