MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2007, 11:20 AM   #1
hypertrophyy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Hopper Thread "Spoiler"

Just like to say to the haters. Earlier in the summer there were some big people as I won't name names, that said Hopper and Nicky Hayden didn't belong in MotoGp.

Though Saturday, Hopper was stomped by his teammate Verm. He has stepped up his game this year and has raised the bar to the competion. Everything I have forcasted about this athlete has come true. Hats off to Hopper!!

The same goes for Hayden.... Poor guy has really struggled all year long. But if you look at each race, his poles are getting better. Still can't say much for the Repsol teamwork . If were not for bad luck and getting kinks worked out. He would be much more competitive.

As for Rossi........They have some serious issues to work out with that POS bike of theirs!!!!!!!!!! I don't think he has anything left to prove and I would move to Suzuki just for fun cause he hasn't been there yet. Why not? Or Punk Capi for his spot on a Duc. Ride for his country for once.....
hypertrophyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"SPOILER" WSBK 0.7sec covers top 17!! Grinchy Taking it to the Track 3 02-27-2010 12:49 AM
"SPOILER" WSB- Japanese domination at Brands Hatch Grinchy Taking it to the Track 15 08-02-2008 01:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2007, 01:35 PM   #2
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

+1 on seeing Rossi ride the Ducati. I don't think monkey boy would have anything for him on that bike.

Hayden is slowly working down to being obsolete on that team I fear. I'd love to see him come back next year and wreck shop, but I just don't see it happening.

Hopper has made a catastrophic error in going to Kawasaki. I can't see them being any more competetive next year than they were this year. Not trying hate on him, I'd love to see him, CEII, Nicky, and even Roberts do some damage in MotoGP. I just don't think Kawasaki has the ability to design a bike to consistently win.

I think Ducati can probably put Stoner on the same bike next year with no changes, and he would still dominate. Just like Vale used to on the Hondas.

We'll see I guess...
Old 09-03-2007, 10:24 PM   #3
GsxrStar
drama patrol

Bike(s):
05 gsxr 750

Send a message via AIM to GsxrStar
i hear that edwards going to Suzuki taking hopper spot?
Old 09-04-2007, 09:00 AM   #4
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsxrStar View Post
i hear that edwards going to Suzuki taking hopper spot?
I'll have to look again, but I thought CEII was going to stay with Yamaha on the satellite team with King James.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:00 AM   #5
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
I'll have to look again, but I thought CEII was going to stay with Yamaha on the satellite team with King James.
+1 I heard that somewhere.....not saying we're right.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:20 AM   #6
ChemiKaze

Bike(s):
07 Red Wing CBR600RR

CEII confirmed as Tech 3(tua) spot with King James Toseland..
Rossi's problem at Misano is due to the pneumatic valves... Ducati had those problems too but they are now kicking it! So, expect Yammi to do the same.

For Hayden and Repsol teamwork... how can two riders with such different styles and needs share stuff? Just as why Elias and Melandri don't share their stuff. BTW, for all the haters, HRC has two departments for their factory programme. 1 for DP and 1 for NH... no special treatment.. evidence is shown in recent results... 1st half of year, DP figured out what was wrong with his bike b4 NH did so his results was better, then NH took some of DP parts and then found out why he was slower and he took it out (TC stuff)... unfortunately, DP needs his TC stuff! so too bad for him.. LOL

For sale: Alth Wave Rotors (Italian baby!) for 03-07 CBR600RR
ChemiKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:58 AM   #7
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
I disagree completely. several big names in the paddock have said the kwak is more than competitive, it consistently has top speeds second only to the ducati's. so it makes the power. they just need better, more consistent riders to develop the handling just a little bit better to get a better drive out of the corners. hopper and west next year will be a very strong team, and i expect to see several podium finishes from them.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:07 AM   #8
ChemiKaze

Bike(s):
07 Red Wing CBR600RR

yeap... VR's JB said it is good to go!.. the Ninjas are good to go!

Old 09-06-2007, 11:50 AM   #9
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemiKaze View Post
CEII confirmed as Tech 3(tua) spot with King James Toseland..
Rossi's problem at Misano is due to the pneumatic valves... Ducati had those problems too but they are now kicking it! So, expect Yammi to do the same.

For Hayden and Repsol teamwork... how can two riders with such different styles and needs share stuff? Just as why Elias and Melandri don't share their stuff. BTW, for all the haters, HRC has two departments for their factory programme. 1 for DP and 1 for NH... no special treatment.. evidence is shown in recent results... 1st half of year, DP figured out what was wrong with his bike b4 NH did so his results was better, then NH took some of DP parts and then found out why he was slower and he took it out (TC stuff)... unfortunately, DP needs his TC stuff! so too bad for him.. LOL
This is what I was talking about when I was talking about teamwork as we almost has a repeat. hehe (I know...I know, I wasn't P's fault)

repsol
Old 09-06-2007, 12:10 PM   #10
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
I disagree completely. several big names in the paddock have said the kwak is more than competitive, it consistently has top speeds second only to the ducati's. so it makes the power. they just need better, more consistent riders to develop the handling just a little bit better to get a better drive out of the corners. hopper and west next year will be a very strong team, and i expect to see several podium finishes from them.
If you look at Hopper an Verm's standings from last year to this year, you can't ask for a much better turn around. If Hopp's believes he can do better on another machine....well he's the expert. I think it's for money. For the year he has had this year. If it were up to me. I would do more testing with Suz and make a better bike in the off-season than be chasing some dream bike. I wish he would stay where he is.

I want next season to start already. With all the switch action between the teams. The whole sport is in turmoil soup-like drama right now. I want to see what the engingeers bring to the table next year for all the manufactures. I want to see what kind of game the pilots can bring to the table. I think the end of next year will decide alot of people's futures in the sport.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:21 PM   #11
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertrophyy View Post
If you look at Hopper an Verm's standings from last year to this year, you can't ask for a much better turn around. If Hopp's believes he can do better on another machine....well he's the expert. I think it's for money. For the year he has had this year. If it were up to me. I would do more testing with Suz and make a better bike in the off-season than be chasing some dream bike. I wish he would stay where he is.

I want next season to start already. With all the switch action between the teams. The whole sport is in turmoil soup-like drama right now. I want to see what the engingeers bring to the table next year for all the manufactures. I want to see what kind of game the pilots can bring to the table. I think the end of next year will decide alot of people's futures in the sport.

You guys both have valid points but failed to recognize one thing and that is Hopper does this for a living. As we all should know in the race world (as with any profesional sport but these guys ride a fine line constantly as we all know) you have to get it while you can because you never know when it is your turn to go down hard and have your career ended. I think Kawi chased John down with their check books because they need a rider that is willing to push their machine and put it on the podium as he has done with Suzuki.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:27 PM   #12
castrolr1
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
R1 followed me home

not to say hopper isn't a riding maching.. either he or his manager have S#!T for brains... he's on yami.. leaves for suzuki.. has a chance to get back on yami or honda.. stay with suzuki.. now suzukis are very competetive.. leave for kawi.. wow.. i'm watching your chance at a world championship slip further away
castrolr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:29 PM   #13
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by castrolr1 View Post
not to say hopper isn't a riding maching.. either he or his manager have S#!T for brains... he's on yami.. leaves for suzuki.. has a chance to get back on yami or honda.. stay with suzuki.. now suzukis are very competetive.. leave for kawi.. wow.. i'm watching your chance at a world championship slip further away
Yeah, but he is watching his bank account grow.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:33 PM   #14
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
Yeah, but he is watching his bank account grow.
Yeah cause he is engaged now bwuahahaha
Old 09-06-2007, 12:43 PM   #15
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
Yeah cause he is engaged now bwuahahaha
I might be right after all!
Old 09-06-2007, 12:54 PM   #16
handozizle

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati 848
2004 GSXR 600-Sold

Send a message via AIM to handozizle
Quote:
Just like to say to the haters. Earlier in the summer there were some big people as I won't name names, that said Hopper and Nicky Hayden didn't belong in MotoGp.

Though Saturday, Hopper was stomped by his teammate Verm. He has stepped up his game this year and has raised the bar to the competion. Everything I have forcasted about this athlete has come true. Hats off to Hopper!!

The same goes for Hayden.... Poor guy has really struggled all year long. But if you look at each race, his poles are getting better. Still can't say much for the Repsol teamwork . If were not for bad luck and getting kinks worked out. He would be much more competitive.

As for Rossi........They have some serious issues to work out with that POS bike of theirs!!!!!!!!!! I don't think he has anything left to prove and I would move to Suzuki just for fun cause he hasn't been there yet. Why not? Or Punk Capi for his spot on a Duc. Ride for his country for once.....
true, i dont think anyone would ever thought suzuki and bridgestone would be in such good shape this season. as far as hayden goes, he wouldve done much better if the bike was actually designed around him and not pedrosa. and i dont even know what to say about rossi after that dissapointing retirement:/:
handozizle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:58 PM   #17
ChemiKaze

Bike(s):
07 Red Wing CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by castrolr1 View Post
I think staying with Suzuki or namely Bridgestone was a good move... We've seen some riders moving from Bridgestone to Michelin and had their career took a falling dive... Hopper looks like the kind of guy that needs his front end feel that only Bridgestone can provide and Michelin can't.. It is known that Michelin tires always lacked the front end feel that riders want (GP tires that is)

Old 09-06-2007, 03:59 PM   #18
ChemiKaze

Bike(s):
07 Red Wing CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
You guys both have valid points but failed to recognize one thing and that is Hopper does this for a living. As we all should know in the race world (as with any profesional sport but these guys ride a fine line constantly as we all know) you have to get it while you can because you never know when it is your turn to go down hard and have your career ended. I think Kawi chased John down with their check books because they need a rider that is willing to push their machine and put it on the podium as he has done with Suzuki.
There is also a rumor that Monster may be sponsoring the Ninja squad next year... so that might be the reason why Hopper moved..

Old 09-06-2007, 04:01 PM   #19
ChemiKaze

Bike(s):
07 Red Wing CBR600RR

Quote:
This is what I was talking about when I was talking about teamwork as we almost has a repeat. hehe (I know...I know, I wasn't P's fault)

repsol
Ouch, that hurts... I like DP... he ain't a TV star but off camera, I hear he is a pretty nice fella to be around with!

Old 09-06-2007, 04:03 PM   #20
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemiKaze View Post
There is also a rumor that Monster may be sponsoring the Ninja squad next year... so that might be the reason why Hopper moved..

Advertisement