MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2005, 06:07 PM   #1
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

One bad assed race

The wife and I just watched one of the most exciting races I have ever seen , Speed TV, place called "donnington?". I know it was in England I think and it was a 250 moto class and it was raining. there were 3 riders who were pushing the limit in the 27 laps they had. Just channel surfing and stumbled across the race at lap 11. Some guys crashing and sliding and some just plain riding way slow and cautious.
By Lap 11, they had established themselves as the ones with the hugest grapes on the track, it was just those 3 and the slow scared fodder they had to weave through.
These guys were battling from lap 12 til 27, passing each other constantly, powering through the turns, wheeling from the turns side by side, wheel to wheel racing, side by side leaning and stealing spots , again, it was raining. It was amazing enough to make a Harley rider and wife sit glued to the set till the end.
The winner of the race actually almost wiped out slinging him side to side and he recovered to stay in 3rd! He just came out of the wobble, and took off with front tire in the air after the group. to the wall racing and just an amazing show of bike handling and courage I have ever seen on the track.
that is all.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So, I met truckin Thumper and his bad assed thumpster ScooterTrash General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 09-16-2013 05:27 AM
Gay Assed helmet anatram General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 10-06-2010 11:42 PM
DRAG RACE GONE BAD FastLine Off Topic 6 12-28-2006 11:59 PM
Bad assed referee ScooterTrash Off Topic 7 08-05-2006 10:33 PM
passed out & assed out fuknrobert General Discussion (Moto Related) 35 03-19-2006 08:35 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2005, 07:52 PM   #2
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Re: One bad assed race

Yeah... that was GP250 racing, the 'training class' if you will for MotoGP. You saw Randy dePuneit take first, Adam West take 2nd and Casey Stoner take 3rd. Stoner went off the track on the 2nd to last lap but had a 30+ second advantage over 4th place when he left the track so he was able to hold his position. This was West's first ever race on on the KTM 250GP bike... quite a finish!
Old 07-24-2005, 11:28 PM   #3
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool

You had just missed the MotoGP race where about 9 riders ate it due to the rain. THe doctor once again prevailed and kicked some opening like an 8 second gap over his rivals. Awesome racing!

And how about that Tommy gun racing with a broken hand and getting 2nd place in the AMA supersport race. Quite a weekend
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:59 AM   #4
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

the GP race was awesome,, i had my doubts about hopper being in front for too long, i knew he would get over confident and crash,, and he did,, i was just a bit worried about Rossi,, Barros was goin pretty good, and then when Rossi took the lead, he took everything away from those guys, lots of close calls in that race,, some good saves for sure,, i would my self if that had happened to me,,, too bad for Hayden, wanted to see him finish and wish that Collin couldve gotten at least a 3rd place finish,, but he's skiddish in the rain,, i thought Sete was gonna be up front b/c he's the rain rider,, but too bad for him he went down, and now has no chance at all for catchin Rossi in the points. hopefully Colin will be ahead of Sete in the points race.. that would suck for him
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:16 PM   #5
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool

yeah.. there's about 8 races left in the championship and Rossi leads by a little over 4 races. If he continues how he's doing he will be champ in 3 more rounds!!

He's owning their :biggthumpup:
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 11:34 PM   #6
j3oomerang

Send a message via AIM to j3oomerang

how much of a gap rossi opened up after jsut one lap in the lead at the end of the race was just amazing. and then how he increased to the gap by even more in the last two laps is just godly.
j3oomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 08:45 AM   #7
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3oomerang
how much of a gap rossi opened up after jsut one lap in the lead at the end of the race was just amazing. and then how he increased to the gap by even more in the last two laps is just godly.
dunno about godly, but it was an awesome show of grape size and authority, he owned 'em all

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement