MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2007, 10:37 AM   #81
Sassy Chassis
Not a value-added poster

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 821

RIP Monica
Old 09-01-2007, 01:08 PM   #82
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyGSXR750 View Post
Along with paying our last respects to Monica and supporting her family this is one of the reasons we're asking everyone to sign up on the roll call. http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=35812

We want people outside the riding community to see how tragic and unnecessary this incident is. Unfortunately just discussing it on the forums only makes US more aware and makes US make decisions to limit where and when we ride. There is strength in numbers. Action needs to be taken to not only ensure this guy doesn't get a slap on the wrist but also to bring to public view what WILL happen to you when you get drunk and drive or flee the scene or don't pay attention and hit someone on a bike. Action will prevent more of these incidents. It won't prevent all of them but when a life is at stake every little bit helps. What if Monica was your wife, girlfriend, sister or daughter and just by this jerk stopping to render aid her life could have been saved? In this case it's been reported that Monica died instantly but what if she was alone and hadn't died instantly? What if this guy had a big enough fear of the consequences to not get in his car drunk? What if WE bring enough attention to this incident to scare some other people out of driving drunk or leaving a scene where they've hit someone? There are so many ways lives can be spared if everyone takes action. Everyone talks about wearing your gear to reduce the severity of injury and possibly prevent death but there are steps beyond gear that can be taken. You can make a difference if you commit to doing so. You don't have to make a life style out of it and spend all of your time wrapped up in it. If however, everyone takes a stand on one issue like this one and we put the numbers behind it, WE can make a difference for other people. The other people could be your family or friend and the difference could be their life being saved.

-R

That's a good idea, Holly. Maybe we could partner up with MADD since this involved a DUI??? They would be able to help out.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:38 PM   #83
Stacy
One day at a time!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
99 Ninja 250
04 Honda f4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
That's a good idea, Holly. Maybe we could partner up with MADD since this involved a DUI??? They would be able to help out.
Great idea! Seems that I'm seeing more and more hit and runs on the news lately. Something should be done about this and why should we all pass the buck and hope someone else will do something about it. I say we should all get involved, after all, this could happen to any one of us out there on the road.

http://www.madd.org/

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyGSXR750
We want people outside the riding community to see how tragic and unnecessary this incident is. Unfortunately just discussing it on the forums only makes US more aware and makes US make decisions to limit where and when we ride. There is strength in numbers. Action needs to be taken to not only ensure this guy doesn't get a slap on the wrist but also to bring to public view what WILL happen to you when you get drunk and drive or flee the scene or don't pay attention and hit someone on a bike. Action will prevent more of these incidents. It won't prevent all of them but when a life is at stake every little bit helps. What if Monica was your wife, girlfriend, sister or daughter and just by this jerk stopping to render aid her life could have been saved? In this case it's been reported that Monica died instantly but what if she was alone and hadn't died instantly? What if this guy had a big enough fear of the consequences to not get in his car drunk? What if WE bring enough attention to this incident to scare some other people out of driving drunk or leaving a scene where they've hit someone? There are so many ways lives can be spared if everyone takes action. Everyone talks about wearing your gear to reduce the severity of injury and possibly prevent death but there are steps beyond gear that can be taken. You can make a difference if you commit to doing so. You don't have to make a life style out of it and spend all of your time wrapped up in it. If however, everyone takes a stand on one issue like this one and we put the numbers behind it, WE can make a difference for other people. The other people could be your family or friend and the difference could be their life being saved.
Wonderfully put. I couldn't imagine the pain and anger I would feel if this happened to one of my friends or family members. Have you heard any news on if her family would reject the idea of us riding in the the funeral procession for her?
Old 09-01-2007, 07:15 PM   #84
rick
R.I.P. "B"

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
o5 gsxr 750

lets start our own MADD.
MOTORCYCLIST
AGAINST
DRUNK
DEGENERATES
rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:03 AM   #85
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

The updated report on HPD states that the Tahoe made an unsafe lane change into the bike and knocked her off the road, into the guard rail.

Obviously never looked or didn't care. And if drunk as was said, may not have even known he hit her.

Should let him play dodge on the freeway at rush hour and see how he likes it.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:16 PM   #86
Number5

Member Garage

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
lets start our own MADD.
MOTORCYCLIST
AGAINST
DRUNK
DEGENERATES
Already something out there. Here ya go!

http://www.baddcentral.com/index.asp

Maybe someone who knew her could contact them and be certain that there's a lawyer there in her name on the court day?

Killing someone on a bike, in a car or on a pair of rollerskates... I don't care... Death penalty for drunk driving suits me just fine. You drink, you drive, YOU die instead of some innocent person who had the bad luck to be on the same road!
Old 09-04-2007, 11:28 AM   #87
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Update along with more info on the perp