MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2005, 05:09 PM   #1
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

How deep in water can a motorcycle go..??

Hey guys:

How deep in water can a motorcycle go..?? :dontknow: :dontknow:

I leave the office in one hour and is raining heavy here in the Galleria area and per the Radar the heavy rain is falling in the West area...!!!. To add insult to the injury I'm not carryng my rain suit......

By the way I lost my internet access at home. Since the last storm the connection went out and I can not to get in touch with Time-Warner customer service (they just pu mr on-hold forever)...

I'll try to setup dial-up access tonight to check the board.

Quote:
FLOOD STATEMENT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HOUSTON/GALVESTON TX 431 PM CDT FRI JUL 22 2005 THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LEAGUE CITY HAS ISSUED AN URBAN AND SMALL STREAM FLOOD ADVISORY FOR HARRIS COUNTY UNTIL 730 PM CDT FRIDAY EVENING. AT 425 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED VERY HEAVY RAIN FROM A CLUSTER OF THUNDERSTORMS NEAR JERSEY VILLAGE. FLOODING IS POSSIBLE IN OR NEAR... JERSEY VILLAGE...ADDICKS AND SHARPSTOWN. RAINFALL RATES OF 2 INCHES PER HOUR ARE LIKELY THIS AFTERNOON AS THESE STORMS PUSH SOUTHWEST AT 15 TO 20 MPH. SEVERAL CLUSTERS OF STORMS WILL COLLIDE OVER SOUTHWEST HARRIS COUNTY AND MAY TEMPORARILY SLOW THE MOVEMENT OF THESE STORMS. EXCESSIVE RUNOFF FROM HEAVY RAINFALL MAY CAUSE FLOODING OF LAND ADJACENT TO CREEKS AND BAYOUS...DRAINAGE AREAS AND LOW LYING SPOTS. ADDITIONALLY...FLOODING MAY OCCUR ON...STREETS...FRONTAGE ROADS...AND HIGHWAY UNDERPASSES. AVOID LOCATIONS WHERE WATER COVERS THE GROUND! PLEASE REPORT FLOODING TO THE COUNTY SHERIFF...LOCAL POLICE...OR DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY. THEY WILL RELAY YOUR REPORT TO THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Riding a motorcycle through deep water... jimrad General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 11-21-2011 12:37 AM
Motorcycle,Garage, and Gas Water Heater?!? kokky1919 General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 02-20-2011 10:51 PM
Riding through deep water/Heavy rain MadseasoN How To's and Q & A's 18 07-12-2007 03:53 PM
Deep , Deep Pool jrock Off Topic 4 12-02-2006 10:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2005, 05:22 PM   #2
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Re: How deep in water can a motorcycle go..??

if you keep moving youll be ok. CARS usually stall out in floods becasue water gets in their intake or air filter.

all else fails, wheelie home right:
Old 07-22-2005, 05:31 PM   #3
KalmarJoe
Cstoum Uesr Tltie

Bike(s):
05 Zx-12r

Stay at work until 7, should be lightened up by then. That's what I'm going to do, maybe grab a bite in downtown or something
MH Insomniac #001
zx12r20banner
KalmarJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 06:02 PM   #4
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Got it...!!!! Thank's...I'm leaving right now.....!!!!

Let's roll mofos...!!!!

See you Sunday.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:23 AM   #5
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool

You probably wont make it very far in deep water cuz its so easy that once u get to a certain levels your bike just hydroplanes. Either that or the water hitting your legs will knock u off balance and you could easily lose it... I wouldnt risk it at all and just hang out
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:17 AM   #6
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom

Robert,
I drive a brand new BMW 5 series, and i found that it doesnt go very far or "deep" in water...anyway.. where is your work at by the galleria? i live very close.... and if you ever need a ride anywhere.. or anyone, let me know or call me, i would be more than willing to pick u up...

trey

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 09:16 AM   #7
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcom
Robert,
I drive a brand new BMW 5 series, and i found that it doesnt go very far or "deep" in water...anyway.. where is your work at by the galleria? i live very close.... and if you ever need a ride anywhere.. or anyone, let me know or call me, i would be more than willing to pick u up...

trey
Thank you very much Trey...!!!! I'm in the building next to Randalls in San Felipe & Sage Rd. (5151 San Felipe) It gets flooded very bad here in San Felipe St. I will post some pictures of the last big storm here in the area.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:47 AM   #8
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapata
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcom
Robert,
I drive a brand new BMW 5 series, and i found that it doesnt go very far or "deep" in water...anyway.. where is your work at by the galleria?* i live very close.... and if you ever need a ride anywhere.. or anyone, let me know or call me, i would be more than willing to pick u up...

trey
Thank you very much Trey...!!!! I'm in the building next to Randalls in San Felipe & Sage Rd. (5151 San Felipe) It gets flooded very bad here in San Felipe St. I will post some pictures of the last big storm here in the area.
I live right down the road... if it rains like that again... CALL ME.. i'll grab you

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 09:04 PM   #9
P-Ratt

Bike(s):
FZ1

As long as you keep the air intake out of the water, you can ride in it. I have ridden in water over the front wheel of my ZX9. Not very fast nor very far, but it did the job for a couple hundred meters.

Motorcycle tires being rounded in two planes allows them to shed water more effectively than flat car tires. They won't hydroplane as easily.
P-Ratt is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement