MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2007, 09:56 PM   #381
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy"zx6 View Post
i had fun and will keep riding with the people i cosider my friends,even just because they can not ride like me it does not matter we are buddies and i will try to help them. people act like they were born great motorcycle riders, when i started i wish i had someone to tell me all the tricks and secrets about riding, it was fun you guys still learning keep up the good work and you can count on me for any help, im not saying is not dangerous but i wont look at you guys like im above you, because i can ride a little better ha ha just a little
I gained a lot more confidence Sunday(especially in the front tire, where I needed it most) At the end of the day I actually had NO problems keeping the pace you three ahead of me were riding. , at times I was wondering why you were all braking so early.

I think McKee knows what left turn I'm talking about where I HAD to learn to trust that tire.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10/28 SUNDAY MORNING RIDE(WITH JIMMY) jimmy"zx6 Events, Meets and Rides 146 10-30-2007 07:17 PM
10/7 jimmy's sunday morning ride jimmy"zx6 Events, Meets and Rides 283 10-08-2007 09:13 PM
9/30 jimmy's sunday morning ride and bbq jimmy"zx6 Events, Meets and Rides 124 10-02-2007 11:43 AM
9/23 JIMMY'S SUNDAY MORNING RIDE jimmy"zx6 Events, Meets and Rides 318 09-29-2007 06:56 AM
9/16 jimmy's sunday morning ride jimmy"zx6 Events, Meets and Rides 200 09-22-2007 02:12 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2007, 10:30 PM   #382
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
Jimmy is a great friend and a great rider, I will always continue to ride with him, and support him 100%, sometimes things just happen, this is a dangerous sport, we all know that and accept the risks
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
Old 09-04-2007, 10:32 PM   #383
Northside G35
CBR Junkie

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
CBR 600RR

Send a message via Yahoo to Northside G35
ya i don't think its fair what yall had said about the too many skills and the i don't feel like picking up pieces after a group ride thinking that this wreck was because of rookie speed demon errors. neither of these crashes were because of that!

look everyone was doing great, it was a great group of people. Dan on the gsxr 1000 went down because of the gravel, he was doing like 20 from what i understand.

in my circumstansizes i hit a turn, i was doing about 55, (not acting like a speed demon), when i hit a gravel patch myself. happens. ya know i apologize yall for causing problems but i feel i was not riding above my limit, and i do not feel that anyone had any problems with me cutting them off or hogging the lanes, or passing them too close. i believe we did have a big group but prob one of the best groups i have rode with!

I listened to jimmy before the ride started, he said one thing that stuck with me, especially because this was my 1st time out to fayteville. "there are alot of turns so if you take one and you get scared, that means you are going too fast, slow it down trough the next ones!" -Jimmy

I know i wasn't trying to be Rossi around any turns, and i know that i may be a newer rider, i waited to take this cruise until i had alot more experience on my bike, and i know it was the gravel that slipped me up.

just my .02 cents. and once again i apologize if i ruined yalls cruise.

Evan
Old 09-04-2007, 10:35 PM   #384
Northside G35
CBR Junkie

Bike(s):
CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by wever411 View Post
everyone's made a good point about how a large group can possibly make it unsafe. but the two riders that went down weren't trying to do anything stupid or trying to keep up. they just simply made a mistake which can happen to anybody.
THANK YOU WEVER!

EXACTLY MY FRIEND!

i just read this. you know, i believe Tim knows he rode with me before, jimmy had rode with me about 4 times before this ride, Rob has rode with me before.

it wasn't about acting out of control, no one was in my head... everyone was riding at their levels.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:40 PM   #385
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

with both wrecks it could have happen to any of us you hitting the gravel and Danny actually slid on grass I was right behind him. It was a good group of guys and for the most part everyone listened and rode within there limits because if they hadnt it could have been alot worse..
TMGP #78

Quote:
Old 09-04-2007, 10:45 PM   #386
Northside G35
CBR Junkie

Bike(s):
CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
with both wrecks it could have happen to any of us you hitting the gravel and Danny actually slid on grass I was right behind him. It was a good group of guys and for the most part everyone listened and rode within there limits because if they hadnt it could have been alot worse..
amen.

exactly. key words "we listened" and "rode within or limits"

it was a great group of Riders, im glad i got to meet them!

i mean some of the passing was unsafe, but what are you going to do?
Old 09-04-2007, 10:47 PM   #387
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside G35 View Post
amen.

exactly. key words "we listened" and "rode within or limits"

i mean some of the passing was unsafe, but what are you going to do?
lol which passing are you refering to, passing the cars or each other.......nevermind I know it was both
TMGP #78

Quote:
Old 09-04-2007, 10:48 PM   #388
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Quote:
ya i don't think its fair what yall had said about the too many skills and the i don't feel like picking up pieces after a group ride thinking that this wreck was because of rookie speed demon errors. neither of these crashes were because of that!

look everyone was doing great, it was a great group of people. Dan on the gsxr 1000 went down because of the gravel, he was doing like 20 from what i understand.

in my circumstansizes i hit a turn, i was doing about 55, (not acting like a speed demon), when i hit a gravel patch myself. happens. ya know i apologize yall for causing problems but i feel i was not riding above my limit, and i do not feel that anyone had any problems with me cutting them off or hogging the lanes, or passing them too close. i believe we did have a big group but prob one of the best groups i have rode with!

I listened to jimmy before the ride started, he said one thing that stuck with me, especially because this was my 1st time out to fayteville. "there are alot of turns so if you take one and you get scared, that means you are going too fast, slow it down trough the next ones!" -Jimmy

I know i wasn't trying to be Rossi around any turns, and i know that i may be a newer rider, i waited to take this cruise until i had alot more experience on my bike, and i know it was the gravel that slipped me up.

just my .02 cents. and once again i apologize if i ruined yalls cruise.

Evan
You did great, and you got up to tell about it. Just so ya know... You didn't ruin my ride, I had an f'n blast! I think everyone did a great job doing their own thing. I would have loved to have had more experience on THAT 999 before I had ridden with all of you but I was NOT about to pass up an offer to ride that wonderful machine. I went in one curve a lil too deep and spooked my self so I knew to rein in my horse a lil. Then there was the reality check (white Dodge pulling out) as I topped the hill at 120+, talk about puckering up...whew.
Tim, I am glad I didnt scare ya while I was riding your bike, thanks again... you are way too cool!
As for a large group... I am use to 20+ Vmax's up in the hill country, this was quite a change and very comfy to be in. Just my opinion.
Oh yea...JIMMY... U R DA BOMB!!!!! keep up the great job!
Old 09-04-2007, 10:51 PM   #389
Northside G35
CBR Junkie

Bike(s):
CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
lol which passing are you refering to, passing the cars or each other.......nevermind I know it was both
mainly passing the cars.

passing eachother wasn't bad. everyone respected the fellow riders there.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:51 PM   #390
Northside G35
CBR Junkie

Bike(s):
CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxgirl View Post
You did great, and you got up to tell about it. Just so ya know... You didn't ruin my ride, I had an f'n blast! I think everyone did a great job doing their own thing. I would have loved to have had more experience on THAT 999 before I had ridden with all of you but I was NOT about to pass up an offer to ride that wonderful machine. I went in one curve a lil too deep and spooked my self so I knew to rein in my horse a lil. Then there was the reality check (white Dodge pulling out) as I topped the hill at 120+, talk about puckering up...whew.
Tim, I am glad I didnt scare ya while I was riding your bike, thanks again... you are way too cool!
As for a large group... I am use to 20+ Vmax's up in the hill country, this was quite a change and very comfy to be in. Just my opinion.
Oh yea...JIMMY... U R DA BOMB!!!!! keep up the great job!

thank you!
Old 09-04-2007, 11:00 PM   #391
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Quote:
thank you!
And I would have happily went and got the truck for you.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:50 AM   #392
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Hey guys I just want to say again I had a great time, It was nice ridin with everyone, I think we all did great, Evan and Danny did great as well, could have been anyone of us as well, I would ride with everyone of U again, Pam U are welcome I,m glad U enjoyed one of my toys, I think several of the other guys would have traded with U had U been unhappy with it, It was a great day even tho I was tired when I got back.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:22 AM   #393
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

I like Jimmy, and although I've never ridden with him, I hear he runs a good ride.
I hope no one misunderstood my earlier post. I was sharing my experiences with riding with large groups.
As I said, we did it for nearly 5 years and had very few incidents until the end. Hopefully Jimmy will be more fortunate.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Old 09-05-2007, 08:49 PM   #394
Nox

Bike(s):
06 R1
01 FZ1(sold)
96 vmax(sold)
02 sv650 TRACK! (sold)

this thread is STILL going? good ... ok well i feel obligated to say something then..........i got nothing.

Jimmy, ill cya sunday.

Im not Ben Spies, but Im from Texas. And I ride a Yamaha.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:33 PM   #395
jimmy"zx6
Banned

Bike(s):
2005 kawasaki 636,2004 zx10r

User is banned

Old 09-05-2007, 09:36 PM   #396
rob78
. . . . . . . . .