Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2007, 03:37 PM   #61
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cc chick View Post
ewww...looks like it hurts!! glad you're taking car of it though. I did not realize how deep it really was!!!
Funny thing, it didn't hurt a bit. She had fun scraping on me because I just leaned back and enjoyed it a heck of a lot. The entire area itches like you cannot believe and any interaction just felt really good. I was so tempted to scratch it but of course that was a no-no!
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Meanwhile in the ghetto part II Stricken55 Off Topic 6 02-05-2013 10:31 PM
change of life part II MudBug Off Topic 39 09-17-2009 05:09 PM
DBUCK needs help Part II dbuck General Discussion (Moto Related) 40 08-27-2008 04:15 PM
WHO WILL WIN PART II Mrs. ~T~ Off Topic 61 07-26-2006 02:20 PM
Brokeback Mountain - Part II SBK Pilot Off Topic 4 04-13-2006 05:56 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-31-2007, 03:39 PM   #62
BigRick82
Get It Up!

Bike(s):
06 Hayabusa

No Dr visits..... I spent around $1500 on bandages and creams :/:
Old 08-31-2007, 03:39 PM   #63
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrave View Post
for the record a nurse told me to wash my rash 3 times a day with hydrogen peroxide . . .
Andrave--be careful about using hydrogen peroxide on a wound. I know the nurse advised this, but when I worked in a pharmacy I saw some crazy : i.e. Vicodin scripts in amounts that would kill a liver quicker than not. Doctors/Nurses are not always so trustworthy. . .

Hydrogen peroxide is a great disinfectant, but it doesn't promote new tissue growth. I worked for a couple of veterinarians before I started college, and I was always told to keep the peroxide use to an absolute bare minimum because it was harmful to tissue. :/:

Just my 2 cents. There are things I learned from old country vets that I'd bank on long before I trusted an M.D. But that's just me.
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:39 PM   #64
BigRick82
Get It Up!

Bike(s):
06 Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia View Post
Funny thing, it didn't hurt a bit. She had fun scraping on me because I just leaned back and enjoyed it a heck of a lot. The entire area itches like you cannot believe and any interaction just felt really good. I was so tempted to scratch it but of course that was a no-no!
Did she slap your hand
Old 08-31-2007, 03:41 PM   #65
BigRick82
Get It Up!

Bike(s):
06 Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mala Lingua View Post
Andrave--be careful about using hydrogen peroxide on a wound. I know the nurse advised this, but when I worked in a pharmacy I saw some crazy : i.e. Vicodin scripts in amounts that would kill a liver quicker than not. Doctors/Nurses are not always so trustworthy. . .

Hydrogen peroxide is a great disinfectant, but it doesn't promote new tissue growth. I worked for a couple of veterinarians before I started college, and I was always told to keep the peroxide use to an absolute bare minimum because it was harmful to tissue. :/:

Just my 2 cents. There are things I learned from old country vets that I'd bank on long before I trusted an M.D. But that's just me.
I would do it intially but like stated not good for the healing process. Prescription Silvadene or silver sulfide fights bacterial growth and keeps infections out.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:41 PM   #66
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

Quote:
So, I the itching was driving me bananas. After hours of rubbing it against table legs, the pegs in the truck and whatnot, I finally took a spoon and shuffed it under the bandage later that evening. MAN, that felt good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not to laugh at your pain, but Patricia, you're painting a hilarious image here.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:45 PM   #67
andrave

I know, notice I didn't mention the peroxide in the course of what I actually did... just in what the nurse recommended.
I did enough research on my own to find more than a few articles saying the same thing you did- that peroxide kills bad stuff and good stuff and can actually slow the healing process.
how exactly did you get that wound anyway? were you wearing boots? its such an odd area to have that deep of a rash.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:47 PM   #68
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mala Lingua View Post
There are things I learned from old country vets that I'd bank on long before I trusted an M.D. But that's just me.
Same here!

Actually, at the vet, we only used peroxide to clean post-op surgical wounds to remove dried blood. It works like WD40 when removing gunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRick82 View Post
Did she slap your hand
No, but she had a friggin sharp knife in her hand. One look and I behaved!
Old 08-31-2007, 03:59 PM   #69
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
how exactly did you get that wound anyway? were you wearing boots? its such an odd area to have that deep of a rash.
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=33244
Old 08-31-2007, 04:36 PM   #70
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

Quote:
Same here!

Actually, at the vet, we only used peroxide to clean post-op surgical wounds to remove dried blood. It works like WD40 when removing gunk.
Pretty much same here. Doesn't matter how bad it is, peroxide on blood can perform the magic disappear trick. It just sort of. . .vanishes. Very mysterious.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:21 PM   #71
andrave

wow I wonder what happened to your boot to tear it up like that in such an odd location. those things sure got shredded.. maybe it got caught between a tire and a hard place or something.
glad to see the JR jacket held up, since my leathers/gear is all jr.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:18 AM   #72
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

I usually just lick me wounds like a dog till they heal. kinda tangy till they scab up... but then I just pick those off again and start the process over again.
hypertrophyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:06 AM   #73
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
wow I wonder what happened to your boot to tear it up like that in such an odd location. those things sure got shredded.. maybe it got caught between a tire and a hard place or something.
glad to see the JR jacket held up, since my leathers/gear is all jr.
Since I have no recollection of how he hit me, it is assumed and from what folks told me that he probably hit me there with his tire. The PT says she's seen this kind of 3rd degree burn from other people who had a friction burn. Since the boot has no other scuff marks, the theory of being caught inbetween the bike and the road or something doesn't really hold up (and yeah, lots of theories were flying around ).

Yes, the JR jacket held up very nice. Thick good leather, I can only recommend it. Just make sure it is tight because my elbow piece moved a bit and caused me having that small gash in my elbow. No biggie but there is something to it when they say the leathers should fit like a wet suit.

Advertisement