Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2007, 02:10 AM   #41
hypertrophyy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
i would still rather race with that wall there, then to race at grandsport.
yes I read your review of gss. I might get flamed for this but these tracks are really made for cars. motorcycles 2nd.......
hypertrophyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nov 9 & 10 at MSR Houston Trackday Fiesta & Barbecue Roll Call Whoop Taking it to the Track 48 11-08-2013 04:22 PM
MSR Houston - Sunday racing FJRmgm Taking it to the Track 23 02-24-2011 12:18 AM
CCS South MSR Houston race pics. Hookem Taking it to the Track 14 02-20-2008 11:35 AM
CCS Racing Weekend Feb 2 & 3 bdmpastx Events, Meets and Rides 12 02-07-2008 12:24 PM
CCS South website ? TX Slide Taking it to the Track 2 01-27-2008 05:30 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-29-2007, 09:22 AM   #42
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
They can treat that turn 17 like the rattlesnake turns at Cresson. If they want to take the podium and position, they are gonna have to take it easy in that turns and finish the race without crashing. Someone will take the position or podium no matter how difficult or dangerour the track might be.
I'm not sure what racing you watched at Cresson, but I have never seen sprinters "take it easy" in the Rattlesnake. Especially when fighting for position or podium.

, I've been bumped, stuffed and hit in that corner during endurance races when there were 4 hours left in the race from people going out there.

No disrespect man, but "taking it easy" and "racing" have nothing to do with each other.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:32 AM   #43
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Another thing: Just because we have done it in the past, does not make it right for us to have to deal with it now or in the future.

Most all of the tracks that are being cited (like OHR and TWS (Texas World Speedway)- which is not infinitely safer due to the wall being removed) have been around for decades, and were not built in the interest of safety.

There is no reason- financially or reasonably- that these tracks can not be built more safely for motorcycle racing if they want to have it there. I've only heard poor excuses through the grape-vine for them NOT building them safer.

Carry on.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:53 AM   #44
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
I'm not sure what racing you watched at Cresson, but I have never seen sprinters "take it easy" in the Rattlesnake. Especially when fighting for position or podium.

"taking it easy" and "racing" have nothing to do with each other.

Your right, in racing, taking it easy will put you in last place. I only meant to say these racers knows what they are doing even in unsafe corners.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:42 AM   #45
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

What ever they choose to do you won't find me racing out to MSRH to be the first one killed by the wall.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:46 AM   #46
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

I am sure Buck has tried everything with MSRH. I also heard from car guys that they complained about it.

I am sure MSRH has a good reason for having it this way now but how willing is MSRH to change it again?
Old 08-29-2007, 10:50 AM   #47
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Another thing: Just because we have done it in the past, does not make it right for us to have to deal with it now or in the future.

Most all of the tracks that are being cited (like OHR and TWS (Texas World Speedway)- which is not infinitely safer due to the wall being removed) have been around for decades, and were not built in the interest of safety.

There is no reason- financially or reasonably- that these tracks can not be built more safely for motorcycle racing if they want to have it there. I've only heard poor excuses through the grape-vine for them NOT building them safer.

Carry on.

Brilliant!

Some of us would like to continue racing as long as possible. Sure we may not be Ben Spies, Colin, Valentino or any of the Haydens but, if that is all you are aspiring to be then you probably have a lot more to learn about life and racing. Personally I am striving to be one of those token old guys of the clubs in the area that can talk all day long on and off the track to any and everybody. (Talking is one of my favorite hobbies!) We are the potential racers of any organization that decides to infiltrate our stomping grounds. I think with that said we are the same people that need to be about safety and anything else these organizations are neglecting at our expense.

PS: It is kind of like the HOAs in Texas. Some of them are good to their tenants and some our a bunch of .... guess what the bunch of in mine are getting for Christmas this year? A big **** you! Just as I will not continue to contribute to an HOA that harasses me I will not be a part of a racing / track organization that fails to listen to its constituents.

Last edited by Moody; 08-29-2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:55 AM   #48
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia View Post
I am sure Buck has tried everything with MSRH. I also heard from car guys that they complained about it.

I am sure MSRH has a good reason for having it this way now but how willing is MSRH to change it again?
They do not need to change a whole lot. All they would have to do is create a section of the track that connects T16 to the straight with less chance of getting close to that wall in the event of some kind of incident. In fact they could probably work with the motorcycle race organizations to have this done with little to no expense out of their pockets from donations and other kinds of cotributions but, is that happening?

Old 08-29-2007, 10:58 AM   #49
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
I think with that said we are the same people that need to be about safety and anything else these organizations are neglecting at our expense.

Watch it. Lately, this has been causing a lot of drama.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:07 AM   #50
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Watch it. Lately, this has been causing a lot of drama.
To some degree certain individuals are causing undue drama to track orginazations. There is always a right and wrong way to approach things.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:43 AM   #51
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

If one manages to make it to some of the CSS South races in Texas and then to Daytona, will they run against folks from other CSS regions?
Old 08-29-2007, 11:46 AM   #52
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
If one manages to make it to some of the CSS South races in Texas and then to Daytona, will they run against folks from other CSS regions?
I believe that is the ultimate goal of the Championship Cup Series.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:56 AM   #53
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Yes, and your points that you accumilate during the season of racing in the CCS will dictate your grid position.

John
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:08 PM   #54
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
T17 IS being addressed. Last I skpoe with Al they were going to lay some asphalt between 16 and 17 in order to change the radius of the turn so that you would be headed toward the infield as you make T17. We'll see if it got done. If not, I see a bit of airfence in thier future for safe bike racing.
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:17 PM   #55
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
T17 IS being addressed. Last I skpoe with Al they were going to lay some asphalt between 16 and 17 in order to change the radius of the turn so that you would be headed toward the infield as you make T17. We'll see if it got done. If not, I see a bit of airfence in thier future for safe bike racing.
Good on him. Stay on his Buck
Old 08-29-2007, 02:46 PM   #56
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

I also heard the improved T1 & added runoff to Diamonds edge
All plus's in my book

John
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:20 PM   #57
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
Brilliant!

Some of us would like to continue racing as long as possible. Sure we may not be Ben Spies, Colin, Valentino or any of the Haydens but, if that is all you are aspiring to be then you probably have a lot more to learn about life and racing. Personally I am striving to be one of those token old guys of the clubs in the area that can talk all day long on and off the track to any and everybody. (Talking is one of my favorite hobbies!) We are the potential racers of any organization that decides to infiltrate our stomping grounds. I think with that said we are the same people that need to be about safety and anything else these organizations are neglecting at our expense.

PS: It is kind of like the HOAs in Texas. Some of them are good to their tenants and some our a bunch of .... guess what the bunch of in mine are getting for Christmas this year? A big **** you! Just as I will not continue to contribute to an HOA that harasses me I will not be a part of a racing / track organization that fails to listen to its constituents.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:22 PM   #58
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
Air fence won't matter after one bike takes a good wack at it. Then what.

I love how they finally moved the tires on T-9 @ TWS (Texas World Speedway)....... How many people have been killed there?????
Old 08-29-2007, 05:27 PM   #59
jimmy"zx6
Banned

Bike(s):
2005 kawasaki 636,2004 zx10r

User is banned

jimmy"zx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:29 PM   #60
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Your right.......sorry but moving the wall back 15 feet would help too.

Advertisement