MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2007, 11:29 PM   #1
mammothmc

Feedback Rating: (0)

New CCS SOUTH & racing MSR Houston!

As well as
TWS (Texas World Speedway), Barber & daytona all in one series........

CMRA's got some stiff new competition
mammothmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nov 9 & 10 at MSR Houston Trackday Fiesta & Barbecue Roll Call Whoop Taking it to the Track 48 11-08-2013 04:22 PM
MSR Houston - Sunday racing FJRmgm Taking it to the Track 23 02-24-2011 12:18 AM
CCS South MSR Houston race pics. Hookem Taking it to the Track 14 02-20-2008 11:35 AM
CCS Racing Weekend Feb 2 & 3 bdmpastx Events, Meets and Rides 12 02-07-2008 12:24 PM
CCS South website ? TX Slide Taking it to the Track 2 01-27-2008 05:30 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2007, 11:38 PM   #2
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothmc View Post
As well as
TWS (Texas World Speedway), Barber & daytona all in one series........

CMRA's got some stiff new competition
Is CCS South a new racing org. or it is and old one with new tracks. If this is for next year then that menas that TWS (Texas World Speedway) is not going away?
Old 08-27-2007, 11:44 PM   #3
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Nevermind i found it - http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=30051

Championship Cup Series South region begins its inaugural season of racing, February 2008 in Houston, Texas. Never before has racing of this caliber been available to Texans at venues this close to home. CCS South will offer racers of various skill levels the opportunity to showcase themselves and their teams in a competitive, yet educational environment. While concentrating on improving the rider’s overall race weekend experience, the CCS South will also offer a safe, entertaining, and educational experience for the entire family.

Several race tracks in the DFW and Houston areas were carefully chosen, not only to challenge the riders, but keep them close to the core communities of riding enthusiasts. CCS South has chosen to integrate several nationally recognized tracks including, Daytona, Barber, Texas World and Hallett, into the race series for 2008. In doing so racers are given an opportunity to race at tracks they normally would not while also receiving points to race for a National Championship at Daytona. The Championship Cup Series has been the Leader in Sportsman level motorcycle road racing since 1984. With 70+ sanctioned events each year all over the United States and over $10 million in sponsor contingencies, no one even comes close to offering the opportunities that CCS Racing provides.

While the more traditional vendors will be on hand to provide racers with the necessities to complete a successful race weekend, CCS South will also be host to vendors from the local community. With the addition of these vendors CCS South plans to build and strengthen community involvement as well as giving donations to local charities in need with the help of local police and fire departments.

CCS-South offers a professional racing environment for beginning and seasoned riders alike - all centered around increasing the "fun factor" in a safety-conscious atmosphere. During any event run by CCS-South, participants will find knowledgeable officials, consistent, fair & safety-geared regulations, as well as ample amounts of practice and race time. Look for latest updates and contact information at CCS-South.com.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:44 PM   #4
mammothmc

CCS has been around for years, but they're adding a new south division ....kinda like WERA west in Cali.
mammothmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:44 PM   #5
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
i'd like more info as well. it makes me sad to hear rumors that TWS (Texas World Speedway) may not be no more....

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:45 PM   #6
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

here is the tentative schedule

FEBRUARY Houston, TX
MARCH Daytona, FL
MARCH Dallas, TX
APRIL Houston, TX
MAY College Station, TX
JUNE Combined Event, OK
AUGUST Birmingham, AL
SEPTEMBER College Station, TX
OCTOBER Daytona, FL
NOVEMBER College Station, TX
Old 08-27-2007, 11:46 PM   #7
houseofpaint

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike

Member Garage

okay i'm a late poster...thanks for the info.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:54 PM   #8
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Wow!!
hypertrophyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:15 AM   #9
houseofpaint

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike

Member Garage

okay, on that schedule....i see houston, tx being scheduled......

MSRH by any chance?

Old 08-28-2007, 12:40 AM   #10
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Tony,

you up for an 08 Endurance Team?

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:19 AM   #11
houseofpaint

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike

Member Garage

after this past race weekend....i feel i'm more of a sprinter than an endurance rider. but we'll see what happens. if anything, i'd only endurance for the seat time, winning would only be a bonus.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:26 AM   #12
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

The CMRA used to be under the CCS umbrella 4 or 5 years ago.
Years back WERA started a series down here under the RPM banner running similar venues.

It ought to be interesting to see how the new series fares and what if any impact it will have on the cMRA.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:30 AM   #13
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

I've attended some CCS races and was not impressed at all. Actually, unimpressed to the point that I don't think I'd ever do another CCS race.

I hope they make some big time changes if they plan on having racers attend. My guess is that it will be a slow process to recruit racers. The only thing that might change that is offering big contingencies or podium rewards.

Not trying to be pessimistic, just been there before and am a bit skeptical.

Houston will have to make some major changes to get racers there too- there are a lot of racers that think that track is not safe enough.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:55 AM   #14
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
I've attended some CCS races and was not impressed at all. Actually, unimpressed to the point that I don't think I'd ever do another CCS race.

I hope they make some big time changes if they plan on having racers attend. My guess is that it will be a slow process to recruit racers. The only thing that might change that is offering big contingencies or podium rewards.

Not trying to be pessimistic, just been there before and am a bit skeptical.

Houston will have to make some major changes to get racers there too- there are a lot of racers that think that track is not safe enough.
yep that last corner at msrh is a doozie.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:06 AM   #15
MacMan
S. McNamara LSTD Mob Boss

Bike(s):
2006 KTM950SM, 1996 Harley-Davidson FXDL

RPM did not survive for several reasons.
When we first started LSTD in 2001 both racing organizations were struggling due to each other holding events in the same region.
We brought in new riders to the sport through our track day program and supported the CMRA. It helped solidify the organization and RPM lost interest,sponsorship, and went away. Those guys had good ideas with wrong intentions. If they could have worked with the CMRA and brought with them their ideas and sponsors it would have been fantastic.
I have not been to Mercedes Sugarland Roadcourse in a long time but someone will race there unimproved or not.
It looks like there have been improvements mentioned in some posts regarding the track and I know Buck will assert his experience and suggestions to all that will listen. I wonder if this competion in the CMRA's backyard will dwindel its market. I doubt it. Most racers will race with the club they support and make additional races if the budget allows. We'll see.
MacMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:28 AM   #16
level5
moving chicane

I don't know why is everyone always crying about t17 at msr. This is a race track and if the corner deems unsafe, slow down and make the turn.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:57 AM   #17
Thomas

i understand safety is a huge deal. but at the same time i think msrh is alot safer then some tracks that cmra race at. me personally i have been down at everyone of the tracks. imo if you are that worried about everything maybe you shouldnt be racing motorcycles. dont get me wrong because i am all about the safety part but oak hill has pot holes all over the track. i hated it when i started racing but now its one of my favs. TWS (Texas World Speedway) is in prettty bad shape too! but i still race both of them.msrh i think is perectly fine to race at. i dont know about how it would be for a endurance race but sprints would be fine. i dont thing they would be able to start the race down the front straight but the back straight would be ok. keep in mind this is all my opinion and other people will disagree but realize that you are riding/racing motorcycles. it cant be safe. i have stacks of er bills to prove it!!!
Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:51 AM   #18
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
keep in mind this is all my opinion and other people will disagree but realize that you are riding/racing motorcycles. it cant be safe. i have stacks of er bills to prove it!!!
So that makes it OK? Why do you think we had the wall at TWS (Texas World Speedway) finally moved after all these years?

And Level5, do you really think riders in a sprint race are going to "just take it easy" in that corner? Let alone if they're fighting for position or podium?

Props to MSRH and Buck if they're making improvements and safety changes I'm sure with Buck being there, it helps to give them a unique safety perspective since he raced for a few years.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:23 AM   #19
Thomas

im not saying it makes anything ok. all i was saying is people need to realize they are racing motorcycles and dragging body parts at high speeds. there is nothing safe about that. like i said it MY OPINION so why dont you try to leave it at that instead of making this something it isnt. and you are right about the sprint races bc nobody is going to let up when they are fighting for a spot. and about the wall i am more then greatful about that bc i crashed at the first race they had after that in that turn. i thanked all the people i could that had a part in that
Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:15 PM   #20
ChemiKaze

Bike(s):
07 Red Wing CBR600RR

That is a lot of races at TWS (Texas World Speedway)... I hope they do different configs at that track or it will be boring to do it over and over again!

For sale: Alth Wave Rotors (Italian baby!) for 03-07 CBR600RR
ChemiKaze is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement