MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2005, 08:43 PM   #1
speedismo
OCD for speed

Feedback Rating: (0)

the machines we ride

i hv had an R6 for a week now and I must say I m filled with both respect and fear. Respect for the machine, and fear of myself. I have had heard views, got advise for/against these super machines, but after having ridden it for a while, my initial impression, my first learning is that its not the power in the machine which is dangerous, its the sense of power that the rider believes he/she possesses which could be the nemesis.

Its the feeling of superiority, the feeling of others on the road being lesser mortals that just catches up one day, its not the machine.......

Travelomy:Simplify your travel.
speedismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wheelie machines Stuntman250r General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 11-10-2013 02:40 PM
push up/sit up machines Infinite Health and Fitness 11 10-19-2011 05:19 PM
Dicks With Time Machines ArturoC Off Topic 2 05-25-2006 06:43 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2005, 08:48 PM   #2
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Re: the machines we ride

where did you cut and paste that from?
Old 07-21-2005, 08:52 PM   #3
JoeRider

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedismo
Its the feeling of superiority,* the feeling of others on the road being lesser mortals that just catches up one day, its not the machine.......
It has never been the machine, just like it was never the gun that killed. *There is a learning curve to all things in life. *There are lucky people and not so lucky people. *Riding a motorcylce is like having a crash credit card in your pocket at all times. *When you max your credit you fall, so check your balance often.

Congrats on your new ride. Read and learn as much as you can because this will bridge the gap easier and make you one of the lucky people.

~Joe
Old 07-21-2005, 08:53 PM   #4
pers785

Send a message via AIM to pers785

i wanan report to the moderator for plagiarizing.....haha
pers785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 09:05 PM   #5
KiNG $h!T
Fugkwhacha heard!!!!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
MIA!!!

Send a message via AIM to KiNG $h!T

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:
KiNG $h!T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 09:58 PM   #6
cytukyl

Bike(s):
01 red/white R6 badass edition
1996 honda cbr f3 (sold)

Member Garage

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=mahatma+gandhi/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=126agaf4a/EXP=1122087391/*-http%3A//www.intiakeskus.fi/html/mgandhi/mgandhi.jpg[/img]

well i know what u mean, thats why i rode either one up or two up when i first started riding just for my safety and and to keep a sharp eye on other people on the road
EITHER.

cytukyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 11:36 PM   #7
speedismo
OCD for speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
where did you cut and paste that from?
hahahaha.. why should I tell you
i guess its the absence of worthwhile things to do that make that peanut called brain overactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRider

It has never been the machine, just like it was never the gun that killed. There is a learning curve to all things in life. There are lucky people and not so lucky people. Riding a motorcylce is like having a crash credit card in your pocket at all times. When you max your credit you fall, so check your balance often.

Congrats on your new ride. Read and learn as much as you can because this will bridge the gap easier and make you one of the lucky people.

~Joe
right:

Old 07-22-2005, 12:16 AM   #8
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los

I got a headache
Old 07-22-2005, 06:43 AM   #9
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Sounds an awful lot like pride to me. It is not the gun that kills, your absolutely right. However, It's the power of the machine that is just as dangerous than the sense of power. If you lose focus for one second, even on an R6, that power will put you on your . Your pride needs to be left at the door when climbing on these bikes. Then all that is left is fear and respect. Without fear you will over ride yourself. Without respect, you will become hamfisted and lose it big time. It is a combination of all three.
Be proud that you have been blessed enough to be a part of this sport, not because you have a fast bike. I ride an 05 gixxer 1k, who is faster than me? But, I don't ride with that mindset. Fear does not mean being scared. It means honor and respect. If you give credit where credit is due, you realize that it is not you, rather the machine.
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 08:38 AM   #10
PORSCHITO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Send a message via AIM to PORSCHITO Send a message via Yahoo to PORSCHITO

Quote:
i hv had an R6 for a week now and I must say I m filled with both respect and fear. Respect for the machine, and fear of myself. I have had heard views, got advise for/against these super machines, but after having ridden it for a while, my initial impression, my first learning is that its not the power in the machine which is dangerous, its the sense of power that the rider believes he/she possesses which could be the nemesis.

Its the feeling of superiority, the feeling of others on the road being lesser mortals that just catches up one day, its not the machine.......
its turning into poetery... enough with the deep thoughts
PORSCHITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 09:20 AM   #11
nels

Bike(s):
01 Silver/Black F4i-SOLD =(

Ode to newbies....by Speedismo; Ghost-written by :dontknow:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PORSCHITO
Quote:

its turning into poetery...* enough with the deep thoughts*
nels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 09:21 AM   #12
KalmarJoe
Cstoum Uesr Tltie

Bike(s):
05 Zx-12r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki
I ride an 05 gixxer 1k, who is faster than me?

*raises hand* That would be me. *:biggthumpup: * j/k, you'd probably outride me on this big heavy thing, it's slow.... really. *So who wants to race?
MH Insomniac #001
zx12r20banner
KalmarJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 09:35 AM   #13
PORSCHITO

Quote:
are we keeping it under triple digits on sunday ??? i dont want them to take some different kinda pictures of us, like on the news for example lol...
Old 07-22-2005, 09:36 AM   #14
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom

Quote:
Sounds an awful lot like pride to me. It is not the gun that kills, your absolutely right. However, It's the power of the machine that is just as dangerous than the sense of power. If you lose focus for one second, even on an R6, that power will put you on your . Your pride needs to be left at the door when climbing on these bikes. Then all that is left is fear and respect. Without fear you will over ride yourself. Without respect, you will become hamfisted and lose it big time. It is a combination of all three.
Be proud that you have been blessed enough to be a part of this sport, not because you have a fast bike. I ride an 05 gixxer 1k, who is faster than me? But, I don't ride with that mindset. Fear does not mean being scared. It means honor and respect. If you give credit where credit is due, you realize that it is not you, rather the machine.
well put... i have not really had a respect for it.. even after the 2 x's I went down.. i'm hoping now I do, and I stop being careless and trying that I know I CANT do... i'm no prodigy or aznxxstunta (hopefully someday though).. but anyway.. your right about that

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 09:37 AM   #15
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalmarJoe
Quote:

*raises hand* That would be me. *:biggthumpup: * j/k, you'd probably outride me on this big heavy thing, it's slow.... really. *So who wants to race?
I will race you guys at TWS (Texas World Speedway) any time you are up for it. I am assuming you wanted to race in a closed track environment? *

And that is my 600 up against yah..... *

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 09:37 AM   #16
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PORSCHITO
Quote:
are we keeping it under triple digits on sunday ???* i dont want them to take some different kinda pictures of us, like on the news for example lol...

unfortunatly my man.. i'll be caging it, but i can keep up if yuor going over triple digits... but i'll be there to support the fam and my *****z

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 09:39 AM   #17
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Respect the bike and it will respect you. And! Stay out of heavey traffic until you have some miles under your belt. Be safe and have fun! right:

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 09:40 AM   #18
PORSCHITO

clarification, before all the haters comment on this, i dont support the triple digits on open roads lol...
Old 07-22-2005, 09:56 AM   #19
speedismo
OCD for speed

Quote:
hmm.. right. another perspective!

uh .. and i guess I m out of my deep thinking mode.. I have work today so will just ride and try to keep the brain locked!

Old 07-22-2005, 10:01 AM   #20
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalmarJoe
Quote:

I will race you guys at TWS (Texas World Speedway) any time you are up for it. I am assuming you wanted to race in a closed track environment? *

And that is my 600 up against yah..... *
Well, I was reffering to my bike, but I don't mind handing anyone thier on a plate either. I'm thinking of doing the next track day. You should join us for a ride to Fayettville someday.
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement