MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2007, 02:23 AM   #1
jrayhouston
Always time for a ride!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2001 GSX-R 1000

Getting a divorce! Anyone know a Lawyer?

I'm getting a divorce and need some good help. My soon to be ex-wife and I are going to fight for custody for my 3 month old son. I do not want her to get custody cuz when i was away in Baghdad, Iraq for 6 months she attempted suicide. So if she can't take care of herself how can she take care of my future bike riding son?
jrayhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good Divorce Lawyer? messiahx Off Topic 23 04-02-2010 09:25 PM
i need a divorce lawyer bentgixxer Off Topic 30 09-28-2009 03:28 PM
Good divorce lawyer? and another question.... hotcknstrips Off Topic 19 04-06-2008 11:44 PM
Best divorce lawyer ever! nutmegchoi Off Topic 4 07-07-2006 06:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2007, 02:35 AM   #2
Reidlos
"Share The TraCk Ya'LL"

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
Crashed-GSX-R 750, Only CARS for Now

Send a message via AIM to Reidlos Send a message via MSN to Reidlos Send a message via Yahoo to Reidlos Send a message via Skype™ to Reidlos
Sorry to hear whats going on with you and your family...well, i have less experience with divorce/ing but i'm pretty sure smone will assist you very soon, goodluck bro.
R.

....If You Cant Fight Em Join Em, If You Can Convince Em Confuse Em....
a .Net Enthusiast
Reidlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:36 AM   #3
Duck84
bikeless....at the moment

Bike(s):
03 600rr--> sold

dude that sux.....take her to court and tell that judge that...i dont know much about this kind of stuff but c'mon they gotta understand
Duck84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:46 AM   #4
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
i'll just warn you ahead of time, so you don't get your hopes to high. In Texas, it is nearly impossible for the father to gain sole custody of the child. You have to prove that the mother is completely unfit, which is something very tricky to do.

sorry to hear about your divorce, and i hope it works out for the best for you, and your child.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 05:06 AM   #5
gixr1012
diagnosed motorcycl crazy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
04,05,gsxr1000,07gsxr750

go to this website all the answers and advive you need there They will even point you inthe right direction and there are a list of lawyers you can choose from. but the site is founded by lawyers that help fathers with advice
http://www.fathers4equalrights.com/ hope this helps it sure helped me!
gixr1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 05:17 AM   #6
gixr1012

Bike(s):
04,05,gsxr1000,07gsxr750

I can even give you the # to a very helpful lawyer here in houston that is very good He was recommended to me from a freind! pm me if you want his info I just have to get the # again from my freind! but as far as fathers for equal rights its a group where you pay a small membership fee and they hold meetings where they answer questions and give advice.if you wish to fight custody alone or if you like the advice of a particular attorny there you can obtain his services, Thats what I did Im very glad that this group is out there to help fathers like us!
Old 08-26-2007, 08:31 AM   #7
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

1 thing is to start documenting everything on paper.

Good Luck.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:42 AM   #8
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Feedback Rating: (15)

Kay Kreck 713-812-0448

I know a lot of lawyers and even have one in my family, but this is the only attorney I entrusted with my case. She is the attorney that will get things done for you, she's as evil (towards your soon to be ex) as any living person that I have ever known. A few years back I went through the worst experience of my life and Ms. Kreck and a few close family and friends were what kept me sane at a time that I couldn't deal with the I was going through.

She won't charge you for a consultation and you should at least consider talking to her and other lawyers before you make what will probably be the most important decision in your life.

Good luck, if you need help with any questions or anything else lemme know. I've walked in your shoes and I would be glad to help out with what I can.

-d
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:05 AM   #9
rick
R.I.P. "B"

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
o5 gsxr 750

yeah good luck im still going through a custody for my son hes 5 months now, and it is hard to gain sole custody from the mom since your child is so young, but good luck on it. you need anything lemme know.
rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:15 AM   #10
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Bike(s):
2000 Can a tuna ~sold~ 06 Gixxer 600

There is an organization that is strictly for father and helping them out with legal issues, custody issues and everything. Houston based, I forget the name but i'll find it and give it to you. If she attempted suicide you have a very good chance of getting him. Good luck.
marimirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:11 PM   #11
gixr1012

Bike(s):
04,05,gsxr1000,07gsxr750

Quote:
Originally Posted by marimirez View Post
There is an organization that is strictly for father and helping them out with legal issues, custody issues and everything. Houston based, I forget the name but i'll find it and give it to you. If she attempted suicide you have a very good chance of getting him. Good luck.
uhh!! look up a few ads its been covered already fathers for equal rights!
Old 08-26-2007, 04:28 PM   #12
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Bike(s):
2000 Can a tuna ~sold~ 06 Gixxer 600

well then maybe you can give him the info.
marimirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 07:20 PM   #13
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Sorry to hear about this. I just went through a divorce myself, under the same circumstances, and just last year. My daughter was only 5 months old when she filed, but 3 months old when she sprung the intent to do so. It was the worse thing a new proud father could ever hear. In Texas (and most anywhere around this Country), it's impossible for you to get primary custody as the father. But since you mentioned her attempted suicide, that might be something to help your case. It may also be determined that her depression was a byproduct of her pregnancy, and then post-pardom depression after birth. so they may encourage counseling. My Ex didn't want to admit anything related to her post-pardom, and in fact, flat out rejected the notion. But she was definitely a different person. Just 6 months prior, we were still holding hands, and talking about all the great things we were lokking forward to as a new family. My Ex was talking about how she looked forward to seeing our new daughter with her father, since it's something she never experienced. Then, suddenly, she wants to divorce......Completely f*cked up, whatever happened.

My biggest concern was for my daughter, and I fought for everything I can after she's 2-1/2 years old. Because their was nothing my Ex could say against me, we were able to negotiate "Extended Satandard Visitation" fo me, after she turns 2-1/2 yrs old (only 5-1/2 months to go)!!

Fight for Extended Standard. Ask your lawyer about it. Although they are two entirely different things, I agreed to pay her more than the State required Child Support, plus my daughter's full insurance. I'd rather be poorer in money, but have much time with my daughter as possible. Of course, now I regret it, because I pay almost $1k/month in CS plus her health insurance, in adtion to paying my Ex $110k. So don't do what I did. Fight for only what is required for Cs, because, it will hurt you bigtime. But don't ever settle for regular visitation. It's BS. In the end, my daughter will realize what happened, and know that my only priority was fighting for her, and our time together. The laws in Texas are really unfair for the father. I missed out on EVERTHING in my daughter's growing up life (first babble, first crawl, first walk, first word, first real bath, ... even her smelly !). But divorce all-in-all is really gonna hurt the child the most. BTW, my Ex's biological father left her when she was about 1-2yrs old. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I guess.

If there's anything you need, let me know. It's , and I've been through it.

Last edited by FlipSideUp; 08-26-2007 at 07:22 PM.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:34 PM   #14
BigRick82
Get It Up!

Bike(s):
06 Hayabusa

Do not use the guy on Hwy 6 and Briar forest in the Shell strip center. That guy is a fuc*kin joke. FYI it was not me that got a divorce, it was my ex.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:07 PM   #15
busa5225
glad to b here

Feedback Rating: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
i'll just warn you ahead of time, so you don't get your hopes to high. In Texas, it is nearly impossible for the father to gain sole custody of the child. You have to prove that the mother is completely unfit, which is something very tricky to do.

sorry to hear about your divorce, and i hope it works out for the best for you, and your child.
he is right women have alot of not so good rights in some cases went threw dv no matter if she tried that all the will to is tell her to go to counseling but gl and dont get your hopes u so hi.
busa5225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:03 AM   #16
redrocker

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 600

I feel for you bro. I got full custody of my daughter when she was a yr old and now she is 9 so it can be done. First I went out and found a mean female attorney that did not take any ! She started doing some digging and got info on the ex and used against her. So anything you can use do it but before you do take a good look at yourself because they will. good luck to you.
redrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:28 AM   #17
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Bike(s):
Some

Sorry to hear that- sucks

Start a file & paper trail everything, including past issues (such as the suicide att.) that can be documented, at the same time work on your soon to be ex as much as possible about coming to a mutual agreement on as many details as possible.... Property & custody issues in a devorce can drive the costs up to the tens of thousands range, the money you save will be better suited on helping your kids through this- They will suffer from it

+1 on fathers for equal rights, they helped me win custody of my daugther (4yrs. old at the time) over ten years ago.

Good Luck
kstrs is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement