MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2007, 05:03 PM   #1
GunMedalGleam

Feedback Rating: (0)

What to do

My little cousin got a ticket for no Motorcycle license and no insurance. Since when did cop start getting the stricked, its a Pocket bike. Can we fight this our is my cousin ganna have to pay a 400 dollar fine.
GunMedalGleam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2007, 05:24 PM   #2
stunt-r
Senior Citizen

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
(2) KLX110 stock-mod class / KLX110 stocker / His & Her XR50s stock-mods

Send a message via AIM to stunt-r
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMedalGleam View Post
My little cousin got a ticket for no Motorcycle license and no insurance. Since when did cop start getting the stricked, its a Pocket bike. Can we fight this our is my cousin ganna have to pay a 400 dollar fine.
you can try and fight it. how old is your cousin? if hes like 15, 16, he can probably get away with it. but he should just get a ticket like juice got for "minibikes prohibited" because technically that pocket bike is not street legal. so even if he did have a license and insurance, he would have still got a ticket because its not street legal. or registered. so yeah, he should have gotten a ticket, but not for what he got it for.

hope that helps..
Old 08-25-2007, 05:47 PM   #3
GunMedalGleam

hes 16, so what yours saying is its illegal to ride a pocket bike around the neighborhood, thats bull. Why the do they even make pocket bikes and go carts if you cant ride them. Thats a dumb law. I have to get a plate and registration, insurance for a pocket bike as if its a car. If this is the case i can get it legitimized and ride it on the freeway if i wanted, what a joke.
GunMedalGleam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 06:38 PM   #4
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
hes 16, so what yours saying is its illegal to ride a pocket bike around the neighborhood, thats bull. Why the do they even make pocket bikes and go carts if you cant ride them. Thats a dumb law. I have to get a plate and registration, insurance for a pocket bike as if its a car. If this is the case i can get it legitimized and ride it on the freeway if i wanted, what a joke.
because some people have areas they can rie them legally... some live in areas that while illegal, they don't get caught or the law doesn't enforce. then others buy em, play with em and then get tickets....never bothering to question if their legal or not, etc.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:06 PM   #5
maskale

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR Trackbike
2007 Warrior Midnight

move to the country, then you can even ride your quad down the road.
maskale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:18 PM   #6
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
hes 16, so what yours saying is its illegal to ride a pocket bike around the neighborhood, thats bull. Why the do they even make pocket bikes and go carts if you cant ride them.
They're too low to the ground. Drivers can't see them and kids get run over.

Parking lots are good. Go kart tracks too. Get a fiddy - go street legal.

TMGP?

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:16 AM   #7
stunt-r
Senior Citizen

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
(2) KLX110 stock-mod class / KLX110 stocker / His & Her XR50s stock-mods

Send a message via AIM to stunt-r
As long as you keep it in a lot, or down your own neighborhood street or something and its not too loud, cops will generally leave you alone. its when your out messing on main roads and in the risk of causing a wreck that they get and start with the tickets. i have had i dont know how many noise complaints on my 50 riding through the hood, and cops will come, talk to me for a bit, and just ask me to put it up until the next day. show respect and they will show respect back.

on the other hand, pocketbikes are really useless unless its like a xr/crf50, ysr50, nsr50, etc. pocketbikes are basically a weed eater with wheels.

this time, just as any other time. you can't get mad at a cop for doing his job. he could've saved your cousin's life. christmas a couple years ago a kid got ran over on one of those in the houston area. so look at the bright side...

Advertisement