MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2005, 12:27 AM   #41
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool
Re: pin hole size leak in rear tire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Din
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capafool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Din
how much metric charge for patch? man i wanan ride tonight but freakin hole in tire. Does the autozone plug work good? Can i do it myself then later take it to someone to patch? Or should i jsut wait?
Dude the Autozone patch works great like I mentioned.* You can do it yourself sooo easily.* Its not rocket science!* When I rode on the street more often I would carry a flat tire kit in my trunk of the bike witht he little strips and tools to patch up a whole if I got one at any pt in time while ridin.. cuz U never know where you will go and get the flat!* I got a flat once just ridin to the mall! ha ha
ill go check them out 2morrow then. ive only seen those plugs that you stick that piece of rubber in then pull it out. The ones you talkin about does it require for you to remove teh tire off the rim the patch from the inside?
Naw dude it's that one you're talkin about where you pull in the rubber and pull out. When u air it up it puts sp much pressure on the apiece or ruber that it fuses the two compounds together and after riding a little while the nub wears intot he tire and you have to actually search for the patch cuz it blends in. I rode once w/3 of those in my tire and not once did I have any problems.. Just give it a shot and let me know how it turns out! right:
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
best rear tire size for ninja 250 track SPEED FREAK DECALS Taking it to the Track 5 03-28-2015 04:07 PM
Stripped pin plug of rear caliper 05 r6 nonstopper3 How To's and Q & A's 3 03-20-2015 10:51 AM
05 GIXER 600 TT pin size Z-Man General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 03-29-2013 08:48 PM
2007 GSXR 600 rear brake Floater Pin??? CubanGIXXER General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 11-30-2007 02:44 PM
tire leak redraider832 How To's and Q & A's 16 06-04-2007 10:21 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2005, 10:32 AM   #42
JoeRider

Member Garage

I'll take the tire if your gonna get a new one
Old 07-23-2005, 07:44 PM   #43
05cbreezy636
lean with it

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
05 636 track

i patched my tire on my superhawk and ran it for about a month with no problems, didnt trust the patch so i never really pushed it.
05cbreezy636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 08:33 PM   #44
Pabst214

hey din i think some people are useing the term patch when they mean plug. if you want to save the tire you need to plug it not patch it. a patch would be what goes on the inside of the tire flat against the inside wall of the tire. a plug would be what i think gianni is talking about which is the better way to go. it is what you stick into the hole and pull it back out. it looks like a black string of rope. the tire you have is held together by small string band, when there is a hole put in the tire you take a chance of one of these bands being cut, which would cause a weak spot in the tire. i know from personal experiance that if you ride hard on the tire with a patch on the inside of the wheel where the weak spot is you have a greater chance of the tire coming apart. it almost acts as if it wants to push from the inside out on the tire causing the tire to possibly come apart. a plug on the other hand in most cases normaly will just pull itself out of the same hole you put it in and you get a slow leak down. a little less stressfull at any speed than a tire just going flat.

by all means the safest thing to to here is change the tire, but i do know how sometimes funds can be tight. we do cary race pull offs at motorcycls unlimited, i'm sure we wouldnt have a problem helping you out and giving you a good price. you do what you wish just some insight from and experianced person on this issue good luck

brandon
Pabst214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 01:50 AM   #45
Knightrider

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 R6 Blue

Send a message via Yahoo to Knightrider

i was readin somewhere that the retreads are done by a company that makes airplane tires and that they are very hard and not recomended for mild to agressive ridin
Knightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 11:26 AM   #46
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprpronov214
* a plug would be what i think gianni is talking about* which is the better way to go. it is what you stick into the hole and pull it back out. it looks like a black string of rope.* *

brandon* *
Thank.. right:. I dont know why I kept saying patch to begin with. You fix the hole with a PLUG! Now that's what I wanted to really say.
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:00 PM   #47
Din

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
GSXR with CHROME PACKAGE

tire is off anyone want it 35$
Din is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:58 PM   #48
JoeRider

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider
i was readin somewhere that the retreads are done by a company that makes airplane tires and that they are very hard and not recomended for mild to agressive ridin
where did u hear this from?? the sport compounds I have are very sticky
Old 08-03-2005, 10:30 AM   #49
nels

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
01 Silver/Black F4i-SOLD =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Din
tire is off anyone want it 35$
have you sold it already? probably huh?
nels is offline   Reply With Quote