MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2007, 10:40 AM   #1
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,485

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






160 in a school zone, gets you.........

http://www.kpho.com/news/13935989/detail.html

PHOENIX -- A 20-year-old Mesa motorcyclist was sentenced to three years in prison on Monday for blasting past a school crosswalk at speeds exceeding 160 mph.

Mathew Englebeck was arrested on April 2 after a pursuit and foot chase.

Arizona Department of Public Safety officers said they first observed Englebeck on his 2006 Honda CBR motorcycle traveling around 140 mph in morning rush hour traffic on U.S. 60 near Mesa Drive.


VIDEO: 4/2/07 - CBS 5 News Report

After exiting the freeway, Englebeck then drove through a crosswalk near Whittier Elementary School at more than 160 mph, officers said.

DPS motorcycle officer Mike Fields said at one point the speeding biker was coming right at him.

"Unfortunately the position of my bike, he was able to work his way around it nearly colliding with me as he went off and over the onramp and back onto westbound US 60," Fields told CBS 5 News.

About 30 minutes into the chase, Englebeck abandoned his motorcycle near Rio Salado and the Loop 101 and a foot chase ensued.

Officers said they found Englebeck a short time later in a nearby apartment complex and took him into custody.

CBS 5 News learned that he has riding with a suspended license and has history of wreckless driving.

Officers said Engelbeck told them he was a former racer who was heading for work.

On Aug. 20, 2007, he pleaded guilty to two counts of aggravated assault and unlawful flight from law enforcement officers.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
school zone ticket flip326 Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 11 03-11-2015 10:04 PM
Twlight zone jimmy the gent Off Topic 1 01-14-2014 02:19 PM
Gettin in the zone? Krazy D Taking it to the Track 20 02-11-2013 11:53 PM
This is the Zone! MandingoRocket Stunters Lounge 11 11-14-2007 08:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-22-2007, 10:45 AM   #2
eugene
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,446












haha what a dumbass!
eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:49 AM   #3
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






got what he deserved
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:49 AM   #4
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



!
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:50 AM   #5
gixxerbill
Senior Member
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,463

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper







Wow three years for runnign? He must have had a bad previous record.
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:57 AM   #6
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing
 
NoFear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas USA
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,375












I think that I know why he stoped

After watching the news story i see that he was not wearing a helment. He must not have wanted to push it to much. Kudos to him for stopping The story also states that he was going so fast that the police could not keep up with him.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa claire View Post
Busa club. why did you not mention that? that makes things all nice and peachy
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:05 AM   #7
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,485

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
After watching the news story i see that he was not wearing a helment. He must not have wanted to push it to much. Kudos to him for stopping The story also states that he was going so fast that the police could not keep up with him.
"About 30 minutes into the chase, Englebeck abandoned his motorcycle near Rio Salado and the Loop 101 and a foot chase ensued."

__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:06 AM   #8
kraelo
Love Breaks up Families
 
kraelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,516

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
None









only reason he got caught

-daniel
__________________
Dear Friend, First i must solicit for your strictest confidence in this transaction and I pray that my decision to contact you will be given genuine approval considering the fact that we have not know each other before. Your urgent response is highly needed. -Kraelo
kraelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:10 AM   #9
gixxerbill
Senior Member
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,463

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper







Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
"About 30 minutes into the chase, Englebeck abandoned his motorcycle near Rio Salado and the Loop 101 and a foot chase ensued."

Must of ran out of gas. When I use to ride with the wild bunch here is Corpus we always kept our tanks full. Like a hurricane coming you never know when you need to run.
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:55 PM   #10
Reidlos
"Share The TraCk Ya'LL"
 
Reidlos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: HoUStiN
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 853

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
Crashed-GSX-R 750, Only CARS for Now









Send a message via AIM to Reidlos Send a message via MSN to Reidlos Send a message via Yahoo to Reidlos Send a message via Skype™ to Reidlos
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
http://www.kpho.com/news/13935989/detail.html

PHOENIX -- A 20-year-old Mesa motorcyclist was sentenced to three years in prison on Monday for blasting past a school crosswalk at speeds exceeding 160 mph.

Mathew Englebeck was arrested on April 2 after a pursuit and foot chase.

Arizona Department of Public Safety officers said they first observed Englebeck on his 2006 Honda CBR motorcycle traveling around 140 mph in morning rush hour traffic on U.S. 60 near Mesa Drive.


VIDEO: 4/2/07 - CBS 5 News Report

After exiting the freeway, Englebeck then drove through a crosswalk near Whittier Elementary School at more than 160 mph, officers said.

DPS motorcycle officer Mike Fields said at one point the speeding biker was coming right at him.

"Unfortunately the position of my bike, he was able to work his way around it nearly colliding with me as he went off and over the onramp and back onto westbound US 60," Fields told CBS 5 News.

About 30 minutes into the chase, Englebeck abandoned his motorcycle near Rio Salado and the Loop 101 and a foot chase ensued.

Officers said they found Englebeck a short time later in a nearby apartment complex and took him into custody.

CBS 5 News learned that he has riding with a suspended license and has history of wreckless driving.

Officers said Engelbeck told them he was a former racer who was heading for work.

On Aug. 20, 2007, he pleaded guilty to two counts of aggravated assault and unlawful flight from law enforcement officers.
Dumb ,
R.
__________________

....If You Cant Fight Em Join Em, If You Can Convince Em Confuse Em....
a .Net Enthusiast
Reidlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:36 PM   #11
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER
 
jetcycles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ShoreAcres
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 12,009

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50



Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
Must of ran out of gas. When I use to ride with the wild bunch here is Corpus we always kept our tanks full. Like a hurricane coming you never know when you need to run.
NosRavenR1 would stop every 80 miles and refuel his tank "just incase". Look at him now. . .:eh:
__________________
I understand the consequences of my actions prior to engaging in those actions. . .there are certain situations in life where the risk is totally worth the reward.
jetcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:32 AM   #12
Knightrider
Senior Member
 
Knightrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 600


Bike(s):
2006 R6 Blue









Send a message via Yahoo to Knightrider
UNLAWFUL FLIGHT from law enforcement officers...first time i heard it that way, he must of had a pilots lisence
Knightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:40 PM   #13
636cc of fury
37cc cheater no more
 
636cc of fury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Clear Lake
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 509


Bike(s):
2007 Honda CBR 600RR









Send a message via AIM to 636cc of fury
i can't believe he stopped and got off the bike. What a squid
__________________
Motorcycles Unlimited
1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 10-6:30 Sat. 9-6
281 444 0545
patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
www.trackleather.com
636cc of fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:42 PM   #14
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,485

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






yeah, cuz from the cops was so smart in the first place.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:45 PM   #15
636cc of fury
37cc cheater no more
 
636cc of fury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Clear Lake
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 509


Bike(s):
2007 Honda CBR 600RR









Send a message via AIM to 636cc of fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
yeah, cuz from the cops was so smart in the first place.

your right I bet if he had taken MSF he would have been all right
__________________
Motorcycles Unlimited
1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 10-6:30 Sat. 9-6
281 444 0545
patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
www.trackleather.com
636cc of fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:23 PM   #16
andrave
Senior Member
 
andrave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 826












is that genuine? they misspelled "reckless"
andrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:28 PM   #17
J-Row
Gold Member®
 
J-Row's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,406

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR, 2006 1000RR (STOLEN)









ITs guys like him that give us a bad name
J-Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:31 PM   #18
Los
Gang Member
 
Los's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Katy\NW
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 17,174

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6








Send a message via AIM to Los
he was doin it for the kids
__________________
4v82zk8
Koskesh....RIP Brotha.... 4/22/07
Los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:49 PM   #19
Azylum
The Chosen One
 
Azylum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellington
Feedback Rating: (23)
Posts: 39,629

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2











Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
got what he deserved
no he didnt. he deserves more than that.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:59 PM   #20
dnix600
Senior Member
 
dnix600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 2,227


Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600









Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
Wow three years for runnign? He must have had a bad previous record.
On Aug. 20, 2007, he pleaded guilty to two counts of aggravated assault and unlawful flight from law enforcement officers.
dnix600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy