MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2007, 08:29 PM   #21
cz3ch

Feedback Rating: (0)

Wow... everyone here is like a family!! And there's tons of Katy folks..

I work in the galleria (San Felipe/Voss) and live in katy (barker/west lil york)... I have a nice area to practice, but honestly it's been so long I'm nervous.. I've been playing around with the GSXR a bit, but it scares the ISH out of me with how much power it has... V-twin versus the 250/500 ninjas I used to ride is a whole different world....

I've been spooking myself lately watching those g*d youtube videos of bad wrecks.... I need to really stop... just take it one day at a time, get my Class M MSF/A and enjoy the bike...

I picked up an 03 gsxr with really low miles and in great condition for < 4k... so I really couldn't pass up the deal from a financial standpoint... I will grow into the bike...

I'm learning more and more about the bike as I move on.. I'm learning about the wicked power boost at midrange..... I got rolling in my private street and once 4-5k hit the bike just went VROOM and took off... it was like a turbo kicking in.. scared the p1ss out of me... lol

I think what I need is to develop my skills, find some friends (looks like I have already) to ride with locally, and just enjoy...

Anyone want to go gear shopping sometime tomorrow? I want to go fitting in the shops, but I'll buy from a sponsor/online...

I'm probably going to start with a really good jacket and helmet.. sparing no expense on that.. I'll work on jeans/pants later.. I already have some nice icon gloves and some strong shoes that really feel good when shifting.

One thing I've noticed is, my bike is setup for GP shift (1 up 5 down).. so i'm having to relearn it... not sure if I like it yet..

Anyways enough blabbering... hit me up if you guys want to hang out sometime.. I can't wait to start hitting meets!
cz3ch is offline   Reply With Quote